Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday December 13, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South West Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #76
JasonF
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 44725
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2006 BMW Z4
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO PULSE
waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Dont know why youve got your panties in a bunch, but whatever.
I don't think he's the one with his panties in a bunch...
He's remaining quite calm if you ask me, considering your comments.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JasonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #77
NO PULSE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110733
Join Date: Mar 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF
I don't think he's the one with his panties in a bunch...
He's remaining quite calm if you ask me, considering your comments.
I understand he's trying to do this to make a portfolio and then make him money, but its his skills and portfolio that will get him jobs. If one guy has 20 raw images of one car, im not sure how that person would be able to steal a job from him.

I wasnt asking for raw images of everyones pictures, I was just curious if he would supply those for the people who would like them and be able to use them for something other than posting them on a forum. He couldve said 'yeah, if you post them online, please either add my name to the picture, or post somewhere on the page that i took those pics.' Hell, If i was to use pictures that anyone had taken for me (paid or not) I would give them credit, and link either an email address or URL or both to that person. ****, you couldve even said something along the line of 'ill do that if you pay me for them'... theres a ton of things that could be worked out...

Its a shame you feel you were taken advantage of, but like I said, anyone here could crop your name off the images you posted if they really wanted to take credit for them. That's why i asked about watermarking your images.

I do have access to some nice gear (D200, D70s, and a D70), so im not trying to 'use' you. But it makes it kind of hard to take a picture of my own car while its moving down the street. Also, i wouldnt be benefiting from having a portfolio like you would.

Thats all. Sorry about any hostility. I actually had some time to post this...
NO PULSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #78
JasonF
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 44725
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2006 BMW Z4
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO PULSE
Its a shame you feel you were taken advantage of, but like I said, anyone here could crop your name off the images you posted if they really wanted to take credit for them. That's why i asked about watermarking your images.
I don't think he's really too worried about people trying to take credit for his pictures- that was just the extreme. Rather, I think he just wants his name out there when you post one of the pictures so that people know his work when they see it.
JasonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #79
racingfish
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 60976
Join Date: May 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Goodyear
Vehicle:
1969 LGT
FATURBO

Default

photographers need to eat too~!!
racingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #80
thetraut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64554
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 stage 2 WRX
trautmanphotography.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO PULSE
I understand he's trying to do this to make a portfolio and then make him money, but its his skills and portfolio that will get him jobs. If one guy has 20 raw images of one car, im not sure how that person would be able to steal a job from him.

I wasnt asking for raw images of everyones pictures, I was just curious if he would supply those for the people who would like them and be able to use them for something other than posting them on a forum. He couldve said 'yeah, if you post them online, please either add my name to the picture, or post somewhere on the page that i took those pics.' Hell, If i was to use pictures that anyone had taken for me (paid or not) I would give them credit, and link either an email address or URL or both to that person. ****, you couldve even said something along the line of 'ill do that if you pay me for them'... theres a ton of things that could be worked out...

Its a shame you feel you were taken advantage of, but like I said, anyone here could crop your name off the images you posted if they really wanted to take credit for them. That's why i asked about watermarking your images.

I do have access to some nice gear (D200, D70s, and a D70), so im not trying to 'use' you. But it makes it kind of hard to take a picture of my own car while its moving down the street. Also, i wouldnt be benefiting from having a portfolio like you would.

Thats all. Sorry about any hostility. I actually had some time to post this...
Thats cool dude, I do sell high res copies of my pics that I take. Usually I like to edit them and convert them into a TIFF file for the size print that someone wants. This makes sure they come out the best possible and their car or whatever doesnt get croped out when an ordering an 8x10 or similar.
And if you were going to be so sure to give me credit why do you want the RAWs, why not an edited high res pic? If you want to buy them i do sell them, but you made it seem you wanted them for free.

austin
thetraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #81
thetraut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64554
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 stage 2 WRX
trautmanphotography.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF
I don't think he's really too worried about people trying to take credit for his pictures- that was just the extreme. Rather, I think he just wants his name out there when you post one of the pictures so that people know his work when they see it.
thank you
thetraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #82
thetraut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64554
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 stage 2 WRX
trautmanphotography.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfish
photographers need to eat too~!!
and thank you
thetraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #83
NO PULSE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110733
Join Date: Mar 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraut
And if you were going to be so sure to give me credit why do you want the RAWs
So I can pull it into Photoshop and do with it as I please. Its always better to have the RAW file from the camera, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraut
why not an edited high res pic?
Because it would end up being a waste of your time and mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraut
If you want to buy them i do sell them, but you made it seem you wanted them for free.
Not to put any words in your mouth, but the title of the thread is 'free photoshoots for SW members...'

I just didnt see the harm in ripping a cd with the RAWs on them. I have a career already, and its not photography nor will it ever. I would have nothing to gain to give anyone other than yourself credit for the pictures. Hell, I'd be 110% willing to tell people where they could get a hold of you if I used the images in a public 'forum' (meaning anyone besides myself seeing them).

Its all good though. No harm, no foul.
NO PULSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #84
thetraut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64554
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 stage 2 WRX
trautmanphotography.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO PULSE
So I can pull it into Photoshop and do with it as I please. Its always better to have the RAW file from the camera, no?


Because it would end up being a waste of your time and mine.


Not to put any words in your mouth, but the title of the thread is 'free photoshoots for SW members...'

I just didnt see the harm in ripping a cd with the RAWs on them. I have a career already, and its not photography nor will it ever. I would have nothing to gain to give anyone other than yourself credit for the pictures. Hell, I'd be 110% willing to tell people where they could get a hold of you if I used the images in a public 'forum' (meaning anyone besides myself seeing them).

Its all good though. No harm, no foul.
yea sure you want the RAWs you can buy them, and do with them as you please.

The shoot is free, i usually charge a minimum of $50 for a shoot alone, with no prints and no high res pics, and that is very inexpensive for a photographer. If you dont believe me look around on the net and see what photographers charge.
thetraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #85
speedblind
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 42202
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Default

PM'd you.
speedblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #86
coolcatcolin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66517
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Valparaiso,IN
Vehicle:
'03
my bugeye is gone

Default

I understand where Austin is coming from with getting credit for the work that he does, but at the same time I don't think this shoot should be considered free because it is indeed not free. To me it came across at first as more of a meet and Austin wanting to take pics for his own portfolio and just use everybody's cars and then as sort of a thanks for getting to take pics of everyone's cars he would provide everybody with the photos of the cars. Personally, whichever way it is it doesn't really matter to me because I would bring my own camera for my own personal pictures and let him snag shots of my car if he wanted them. Also,if it were me I wouldn't mind supplying RAW images but this isn't my photoshoot and my pictures would not come out as good as Austin's will so there's definetly a difference. Either way I see both points and understand both peoples views on the situation. I also think the rest of this post doesn't need to be towards No Pulse and instead there needs to be a time and location before any photoshoot can take place. Hopefully something works out and I can get there and meet up with you guys.
coolcatcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #87
speedblind
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 42202
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Default

I think it's pretty damn generous what this guy's doing, and I really don't understand the detractors' need to continue posting that they have a problem. If five bucks is going to kill you, don't show up. If not getting raw images is going to kill you, don't show up. Just don't muck this guy's thread up whining when he mentions that you can chip in a couple bucks for LUNCH and to rent some lenses to make your pics come out better. Honestly, if you think it's a ****ty deal, feel free to exercise your God-given right as an American to choose NOT to participate.


speedblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #88
NO PULSE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110733
Join Date: Mar 2006
Default

reading comprehension skills seem to be falling here.
NO PULSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #89
racingfish
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 60976
Join Date: May 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Goodyear
Vehicle:
1969 LGT
FATURBO

Default

got the repetative action goin on....
racingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:31 PM   #90
coolcatcolin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66517
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Valparaiso,IN
Vehicle:
'03
my bugeye is gone

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfish
got the repetative action goin on....
so it seems... sooo about that location and time...
coolcatcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #91
thetraut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64554
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 stage 2 WRX
trautmanphotography.com

Default

thank you speedblind, put well.
About the time and location. Im going to go randomly driving around downtown tonight to try and find a spot, it seems phx is severly lacking good spots for pictures and they arent easy to find. Hopefully by later tonight ill have a spot figured out. As i said before if anyone knows of any spots feel free to speak up. As for a good garage i have no idea. Duce knows of some good spots so if nothing else we will all meet up and follow him.

As for time as early as ppl want to start ill show up. Ill be down in Tempe renting the lenses and such in the morning, If anyone goes to ASU and or wants pictures in lot 59 or at the park across the street (where the shots of my car were taken) we can start there. If not somewhere around tempe or southern downtown would be a good spot to meet.
thetraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #92
thetraut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64554
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 stage 2 WRX
trautmanphotography.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcatcolin
I understand where Austin is coming from with getting credit for the work that he does, but at the same time I don't think this shoot should be considered free because it is indeed not free. To me it came across at first as more of a meet and Austin wanting to take pics for his own portfolio and just use everybody's cars and then as sort of a thanks for getting to take pics of everyone's cars he would provide everybody with the photos of the cars.
Actually in the original post i asked that people pay for some gas money to meet them and buy a cheap lunch. The 5 or 10 bucks people are putting in to rent lenses and such is less then that. As speedblind said if thats a problem with anyone dont show up, im really not desperate for pictures of anyones car with that atitude anyways.
thetraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #93
NO PULSE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110733
Join Date: Mar 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraut
Actually in the original post i asked that people pay for some gas money to meet them and buy a cheap lunch. The 5 or 10 bucks people are putting in to rent lenses and such is less then that. As speedblind said if thats a problem with anyone dont show up, im really not desperate for pictures of anyones car with that atitude anyways.
I dont think anyone was complaining about pitching in money. Im not sure where that came from.



I wouldve been more than willing to throw a lot more than $10 your way, but...
NO PULSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #94
thetraut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64554
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 stage 2 WRX
trautmanphotography.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO PULSE
I dont think anyone was complaining about pitching in money. Im not sure where that came from.



I wouldve been more than willing to throw a lot more than $10 your way, but...
but what i thought you were just asking for free RAW files.
thetraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #95
NO PULSE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110733
Join Date: Mar 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraut
but what i thought you were just asking for free RAW files.
Like I said before the 'you take them yourself with your own equipment' comment, all you had to do was say 'if you want raw, you can pay for them'...
NO PULSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #96
thetraut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64554
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 stage 2 WRX
trautmanphotography.com

Default

sorry i though i did, was a misunderstanding. My files are always for sale, for every shoot i do. Although like I said i usually dont sell my RAW files because of people taking credit themselves, or doing crappy editing and my name being attached and at the mercy of their editing. but i suppose we could figure it out.

Im still trying to figure out exactly why you want the RAWs not edited hi-res pics, thats just more work for you if all you want is a print for your wall or pics to show off.

Last edited by thetraut; 08-10-2006 at 09:24 PM.
thetraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #97
coolcatcolin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66517
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Valparaiso,IN
Vehicle:
'03
my bugeye is gone

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraut
Actually in the original post i asked that people pay for some gas money to meet them and buy a cheap lunch. The 5 or 10 bucks people are putting in to rent lenses and such is less then that. As speedblind said if thats a problem with anyone dont show up, im really not desperate for pictures of anyones car with that atitude anyways.
I'm not arguing anything I'm saying how FREE comes across to people reading this thread. I understand that if someone doesn't want to pay they don't have to show up and I understand that the money was to go towards the rental of a lens. I just think this thread is turning into a broken record and I'm trying to get it to move along. The end answer is NO No Pulse can not have free RAW pictures and I think he knows that and knows that he has to pay for them and is willing to according to his last few posts. So as of right now no ones getting any pics cause there is no location. So on that note I also got a response from that guy in that link I posted above with the lightning shots and he said they're just random spots around phoenix so he doesn't want to give away his spots which is cool. There are a couple of cool parking garages in phoenix with buildings directly behind them that could be nice night shots. Just some ideas I don't know the area all that well.
coolcatcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:23 PM   #98
thetraut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64554
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 stage 2 WRX
trautmanphotography.com

Default

yeah i really know nothing about the area. I havent even ever been to downtown. Thats too bad that guy doesnt want to give out his spot. Where are the garages at? Like I said im just going out tonight driving around randomly so if anyone has any ideas of areas to drive around and look.
thetraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #99
intence
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 58477
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NoVA
Vehicle:
. Member #1 of
the witty MS Crew

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraut
does saturday work for you?
yeah come up to va.
intence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #100
racingfish
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 60976
Join Date: May 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Goodyear
Vehicle:
1969 LGT
FATURBO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by intence
yeah come up to va.
is that near flagstaff??
racingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed trap warning for the next week or so godfather2112 Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC 2 05-21-2009 11:41 PM
So I'm in Miami for the next week SenorFartman Off-Topic 6 03-25-2008 11:18 PM
finally living up to my name picking up wrx in the next week turbocolin Tri-State Area Forum 39 12-05-2005 03:41 PM
STi RA gearset in the next week impossible? dothespeedlimit Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 18 03-21-2004 05:38 PM
Anyone getting a dyno tune in the next week in Atlanta? LiquidForce South East Region Forum 5 02-13-2004 09:50 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.