Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South East Region Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > South East Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
MC36
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 197650
Default Charlotte Area "Cars and Coffee" at North Lake- April 4th!

Charlotte Cars and Coffee at the Lake - April 4th
Exotics/Sports Cars/Classics
1st Saturday of every month
April 4th 2009

Panera Bread Company
North Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. (Between Panera and Fox and Hound)
6801 North Lake Mall Drive- Charlotte NC 28216 #704.921.0013
8 am- until
Weather Permitting
See you there!

Hello All,

I am looking forward to another awesome turn out on Saturday April 4th. We had great weather and ~200+ cars in March, we hope there continues to be a strong turnout in April. We got a chance to see some truly remarkable cars this last time out, turbo charged Vipers, Lambos, a Pantera and a genuine AC Cobra! Check out the updated pictures on www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com . We want to continue to have a great outlet to share our passion and knowledge about cars so keep it growing! If you have not signed on to the forum on www.carsandcoffeecharlotte please do so for more detailed updates!
I know this may interfer with the Food Lion Auto Fair at Lowe's Motor Speedway, but maybe you can curse through C&C on your way to Concord.
As this event continues to grow and in order to keep it safe, fun and in tact we need to make sure of a few things:
  • I would like to push up the start time to 8 AM so that we can avoid the hot part of the day as we get into the summer months. It will also allow us to take advantage of the empty adjacent lots if we need them before the patrons and employees of the restaurants start rolling in around 11 AM.
  • We are now on the radar screen of the Mecklenburg Police Dept's North Division, which is not a problem because we are on mall property which we have permission to be on, but on the access roads leading to the property and the main highway they will be patrolling 'helping' us adhere to the speed limits. So be cautious and slow down a bit. Also as a mature crowd continue not to peel out, race through the parking lots or ignore common safety.
  • In order to stay within the good graces of the mall management company please be kind and dispose of your trash in the trash cans around the property. We are doing a great job so far, so keep it up! I spoke with them and they are willing to add additional receptacles as needed.
  • Also we need to avoid parking in the spaces directly behind Kinko's and the Mattress Company. They were a bit concerned because it interfered with their customers ability to load goods. (not a big deal but we want to keep everyone happy)
  • Continue to support Panera and Starbucks, the management of both has gone out of their way to lobby mall management to keep this event going and prospering. Word is that this Starbucks location may be one of the 600 around the nation to close. Hopefully we can delay their fate! They both promised to increase staffing too so that we are waiting in line less and they will have plenty of food and coffee on tap ready to go so that we can return to the parking lot to check out the cars.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you again and please pass the word to friends, neighbors and co-workers that want to bring out their rides.

See you soon,

Michael
MC36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
T Cook
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 51884
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 02 WRX 84 RX7
silver

I went to the last one and have to say it's a pretty nice event, the price is right. Probably upwards of two hundred cars there. I recommend it.
I was disappointed by small amount of Subarubage (I know, I didn't drive mine either, couldn't pass up a ride in my buddy's 930 turbo... yes, it rocks). There was an STI WRC replica with all the decals and numbers and such completely gunked up and covered with mud, it was sitting almost defiantly among the spit polished exotics... very cool. Never got to meet the owner, someone here probably knows him. There were a few more Subies, not many though.
Maybe we should try to organize a mass gathering.

I mean really... we can't let the Mini
Coopers, Porches and Ferraris vie for the mark with largest attendance.

(, just kidding, those guys are very friendly and have some nice cars)

Last edited by T Cook; 03-26-2009 at 12:02 AM.
T Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
kokoshoe
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 197452
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Sedona Red Pearl

This sounds pretty cool. I'm always up for drooling over nice cars. See ya on the 4th.
kokoshoe is offline   Reply With Quote