Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > NASIOC Official News, Articles and Polls

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #276
dREX85
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 354400
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
DGM

The WRX I saw, had a 6-speed in it
dREX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #277
texascanuck
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 317045
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatchback
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dREX85 View Post
The WRX I saw, had a 6-speed in it
See xluben's thread on his WRX build ... he swapped the 5-speed for a six! He has a lot of other things he has done to his WRX too - simply amazing!
texascanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #278
texascanuck
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 317045
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatchback
SWP

Default next gen wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiRallyRunner View Post
yea so i had an idea about the engine. I was thinking they should bring the 3.6 flat 6 from the legacy shoot for about 300 hp NA. Then for the STI version turbo charge it to about 400 hp it would be just the power update this car needs.
The horsepower numbers are nice to have but IMHO they will not put a 6 cyl into the WRX. It seems most of the industry is moving to less cylinders. And the difference of hp numbers between the WRX and STi seem too high. I can see maybe a 60hp diff between the two cars but not 100hp. But this is all pure speculation on my part.

As I mentioned earlier, and this is more speculation, I would like to see a 270hp turbo 4-cyl in the WRX that weighs about 3000lbs. This should give a very practical and doable increase in power to weight ratio - with possibly a 0.5 second drop in 0-60 acceleration (all else being about the same). Less weight should perhaps give better mpg, and all around better braking, handling, and so on ... all else being about the same.

A 270hp turbo will be easier to do than losing 200 lbs! But I am hoping Subaru can make it happen.
texascanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #279
StiRallyRunner
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 318708

ok so mabey the 300 hp NA was a little shy maybe shoot for 320 to 350 hp in the sti personally i have thought for along time now that they needed to give the wrx sti a real power boost some how i mean make it a serious competitor to long time rival the Mitsubishi evo and also need to make it really more powerful then the brz also why not stick with the current 305 hp turbo 4 and drop some weight that would increase the power to weight ratio even more
StiRallyRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #280
STiScooby213
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 263036
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi *sold*
2013 PBP WRX STI

Something about the front end doesn't sit right with me, like it bulges out too much on top. If it had the 2011+ front end I'd be sold, everything else looks great on the car and it looks more refined. Love the headlights and the widerbody too.

Hopefully they won't hike up the price, as stated before in this thread, part of the appeal of the wrx was it's "bang for the buck".
STiScooby213 is offline   Reply With Quote