Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > BRZ Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Scooby South
Subtly Outspoken

Member#: 238
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
OG05 STi
51E

Default First Payment sent, Observations after 6 weeks.

Well, just sent in the First payment on my BRZ. Only 100 more or so..before she's all mine... (not really a 100 but a few).. Just some observations after 6 weeks of ownership. 2150 miles on clock. First Oil change is scheduled in couple of weeks. I rushed to get the required "1000" Miles on the clock, as I compete in AutoCross and needed it to be 'done' quickly...

Observations:
-Getting an avg of 30.4 mpg
-Handling is amazing. (Aftermarket rims/tires, Coilovers, Alignment, and rear Endlinks)
-Only one in town.. which is good and bad, have had random people at the gas station take a picture of it and give a thumbs up.
-Everything is still tight and no squeaks yet.
-Bluetooth goes in and out depending how much signal my GalaxyS2 droid has...I don't think its supposed to do that...but mine does for some reason.
-Speedometer on the left of cluster is absolutely useless.
-just figured out how to enable the 'gear' reference.
-the Ipod cubby needs to be bigger..
-Navigation Unit has frustrated the hell out of me. ( My trusty Garmin is way more accurate and quicker).
-Noticing some seat "wear" from getting in and out of it. It seems I use the bolster to 'slide' up or down depending on if I get out or in.
-Need some low profile mud flaps or a side skirt...Have a small rock ding in the rocker panel from the tires throwing up a rock...Not huge or noticeable but I know its there.
-Rear Window is pain to clean-In hotter weather the plastic gas residue from the interior plastic has left a film on the glass... getting in the back seat to clean it has become a 'chore' for me..as I am 6'3"/235...so it a bit tight..:/
-The Rear Seat is STILL pretty much Useless.
-Lets just call the trunk space...adequate and leave it at that. :|
-Stock Brakes are pretty solid/decent..Have Stainless lines and Fluid done.
-The Stereo is pain to use ..or I am not smart enough to find the "seek" function...:/
-Cruise control works well...just like all other Subaru's..
-It needs a center Armrest....BAD..:/
-the Keyless/pushbutton start is great... however sometimes the trunk won't open with button...
-Its a Sexy Sexy car... I am glad to be on-board with it and don't regret my decision to get one in the least. I wonder what the future will bring for this platform. As of now I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Looking forward to a tune, and a light weight freeflowing exhaust...and some other Power mods....
More as I think of it.

Thanks to Kartboy, Wheeldude, Strano Performance, P&L Motorsports.

Bill

Last edited by Scooby South; 07-14-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Scooby South is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
skatery1989
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 306917

How did you enable the gear reference?
skatery1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Scooby South
Subtly Outspoken

Member#: 238
Vehicle:
OG05 STi
51E

the car has to be Off....then I hit the ACC mode on the switch...then cycled the ODO/Trip...You have to hold the button down to get it to reference..It took me about 20 mins to figure it out..the Owners manual is almost useless...page 178 or so 'kinda' explains it..

Bill
Scooby South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
dwx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8343
Vehicle:
2005 2012 Jeep
2013 DGM BRZ

Another thing I _just_ found out about after having the car for a month is by default the factory alarm is disabled. You have to hit the start button twice, then lock the door from the inside with the door switch, then unlock the door with the switch, open the door while still holding the switch and keep it held down for 10 seconds. I'm not sure who comes up with this stuff...

I would say I have some similar thoughts about the car.

I actually really like the actual navigation portion of the satnav but it is terrible at times in finding satellites and working. The navigation is better than the OEM system in my 2012 Wrangler, but the Wrangler never has a problem locking in satellites.

I agree the user interface for the radio portion is terrible. I also can't use the voice commands to change the XM station by name, which I can do in my Jeep. Who remembers 100 different XM station numbers...

No problems with Bluetooth with my Iphone4 but I can't call anyone by name, it has not ONCE gotten the name correct from my voice input. It's funny because with the satnav I can say "channel one hundred twenty seven" and it works fine, but with the phonebook I can say "Ron" and it pops up "Doug" instead...

I've found the trunk space to be more than adequate and I'm kind of blown away by the gas mileage. I've never owned a Subaru which gets >30mph in mixed city/highway driving.

I also completely agree with the car and the attention it gets. I had some kid in a lifted diesel basically park right behind me while his flat-bill passenger was snapping pictures and it pissed my wife and I off. Or some kid in his Dad's BMW racing up behind me and next to me... Overall though it hasn't been terrible.

I'm at about 1100 miles and was actually thinking of doing the first oil change in the car today.
dwx is offline   Reply With Quote