Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > New Product Development

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 141043
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 STI
black af

Default MAPerformance 15+ STi Hot Parts & Stage 2 Package Is HERE

We are excited for the official release of the MAPerformance Stage 2 Performance Package which, when combined with the MAPerformance Stage 2 OTS Tune, is a very powerful performance upgrade! Throughout the R&D, testing and calibration phases of this 2015+ STI platform, we have been thoroughly impressed with the performance gains with each hardware modification adding significant power, torque and agility. Better yet, the hardware was designed to support considerably higher power levels so no worries about future upgrades; these performance parts support all the power you'd like to make with any bolt-on turbo upgrade and related modifications!

When comparing the MAP Stage 2 package to a stock STI with the MAP Stage 1 OTS Tune, there are many advantages far beyond the improved sound and raw power. Not only are the power and torque gains inherently impressive, but it's also important to note how much less work required from the turbo and less stress on the engine to achieve the higher power levels. Below we'll look at some of the key benefits and advantages the Stage 2 hardware combined with the Stage 2 Tune.

MAP DOWNPIPE UPGRADE (MAP STI-4G-DP)

When the turbo compresses exhaust gas, its forced through a narrow OEM downpipe on its way through your exhaust system. This narrow pipe creates back pressure & reduces exhaust flow leaving your car short of its true power potential. MAPerformance has crafted the perfect solution to unleash this power and is proudly offering it to the eager 15+ Subaru STI market.

Designed to last a lifetime, the MAPerformance 2015 - 2018 STi Downpipes are available with a high flow race catalytic converter, an optional GESI cat or in a catless version for those customers without any restrictions on emissions.

Built in-house from 3" mandrel bent 304SS piping our semi-divided head pipe maximizes exhaust flow and helps to eliminate unwanted boost creep. Utilizing a thick 1/2" stainless steel turbo outlet flange, high-quality interlocking lined stainless steel flex section and sporting an additional O2 bung, this sti downpipe has been designed to outperform & outlast our competitor's offerings at a price point that won't break the bank.

Features:
Semi divided head pipe to maximize flow and eliminate boost creep!
Divorced wastegate dump tube to increase turbine flow
1/2 thick stainless turbo outlet flange
Extra o2 bung and plug
Made from 304 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance and enhanced appearance
Mandrel bent tubing throughout optimizes exhaust flow
Stainless steel flex section reduces stress from engine movement increasing longevity
Designed to be used with your OEM turbo outlet gasket
100% Made in the USA

MAP AIR INTAKE KIT W/ HEAT SHIELD (MAP STI-4G-IN)

MAPerformance is proud to offer our USA Made cold air intake kit specifically for the EJ powered 15-17 STI. Like all MAP products, we've spent countless hours to design, test and build what we believe is the best all around 15+ STI air intake offering. Not only does this intake produce proven power gains it does it without breaking the bank, and that's not all.

Pop the hood on your 2015-2017 Subaru STi and people are sure to notice your MAPerformance cold air intake system! Sporting a large 6" high flow Green Filters Air Filter with a raw stainless steel or wrinkle black coated finish, the question "are you stock" will be a thing of the past!

During the design phase of this intake, we paid close attention to details to ensure customers get the most bang for their buck, like using 304ss & including a unique velocity stack. Your Subaru STI intake kit will feature a full 3" mandrel bent intake pipe for maximum velocity and charge potential. This design combined with our in-house manufacturing processes ensures a seamless transition of intake air flow beginning at the 6" high-flow cone air filter, flowing smoothly through our proprietary velocity stack and directly feeding your turbo inlet.

Features:
Full 3" tubing design reduces restrictions
Made from 304 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance and enhanced appearance
Mandrel bent tubing throughout optimizes intake flow
Velocity stack for increased airflow
Made in the USA

COMBINE IT ALL AND UNLEASH MAXIMUM POWER WITH MAP STAGE 2 PACKAGE

Features:
Capable of 331whp/347wtq (+59whp/+58wtq over STOCK!)
304 Stainless Steel Components
100% Mandrel Bent Piping
3" Piping For Improved flow
Fully Tig Welded and Back-purged
USA MADE

We have what everyone wants to see! Dyno Graphs! Below we have our stock 2017 STi pull vs. MAP stage 1 OTS tunes (91 and 93 octane) as well as the MAP Stage 2 Kit (also 91 and 93).

MAP OTS Stage 1 Tune (FREE with Accessport Purchase) VS Stage 2 Power Package (91 and 93 octane):

STi Stage 2 Sound Clips and Review:

These parts are currently in production and we are looking for a few select people for beta testing! Anyone interested will get a substantial discount on the Stage 2 kit, for third party feedback. PM me if you are interested!

Please feel free to ask any questions! Email: [email protected]
Ian with MAPerformance

Last edited by maperformance; 04-05-2018 at 02:51 PM.
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2011 STI
black af

NOTE: We are looking for some beta testers for the Stage 2 kit. Anyone interested will get a substantial discount on the Stage 2 kit, for third party feedback. PM me if you are interested!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
KMason007
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 471078

Hey Ian,

I would love to test this kit out and leave some feedback! I will send you a PM in regards to it,

Kent
KMason007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2011 STI
black af

Thanks Kent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMason007 View Post
Hey Ian,

I would love to test this kit out and leave some feedback! I will send you a PM in regards to it,

Kent
Old 04-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #5
aclift2005
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 484100

PM’d. Interested
aclift2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:35 AM   #6
technica
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 72938
Vehicle:
16 STI
Black

Luv to test this out. I know how nice your evo parts so I'm so down to test 4 u.
technica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:28 AM   #7
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2011 STI
black af

For sure! I have a few spots left Shoot me a PM, or email me directly.

[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by technica View Post
Luv to test this out. I know how nice your evo parts so I'm so down to test 4 u.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #8
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2011 STI
black af

Got all the beta spots filled up! Thanks everyone for participating. These should be shipping out soon, along with the tunes. Feel free to provide any feedback in this thread.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #9
Kevin_xail
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483704
Vehicle:
2015 STI
WRB

I just installed this kit and flashed the v1.02 tune file. I had to pick up an o2 sensor port plug from advanced since I wasn't using a wideband and initially installed the intake backwards (DOH!). Other than that the install went smoothly. I made sure to use PB blaster on ALL of the exhaust bolts the night before to ensure they would all come out fine. I mainly used other diy write ups on downpipe installs along with some YouTube videos ***55357;***56841;.

The car sounds AMAZING. You can really hear the turbo spool up and dump pressure. The car also feels A LOT quicker in the higher RPM range. There is some minor backfiring after letting off the accelerator at lower RPM. I'll be sending Ian a log as soon as I get back from a business trip this week to make sure everything is running as intended.

DAM stays at 1, fine knock hit 1.40 which seems fine.

Overall definitely worth the investment and I highly recommend this kit. I'm using the catless downpipe and oh man does it sound awesome!
Kevin_xail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #10
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2011 STI
black af

Fantastic! Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_xail View Post
I just installed this kit and flashed the v1.02 tune file. I had to pick up an o2 sensor port plug from advanced since I wasn't using a wideband and initially installed the intake backwards (DOH!). Other than that the install went smoothly. I made sure to use PB blaster on ALL of the exhaust bolts the night before to ensure they would all come out fine. I mainly used other diy write ups on downpipe installs along with some YouTube videos ***65533;***65533;.

The car sounds AMAZING. You can really hear the turbo spool up and dump pressure. The car also feels A LOT quicker in the higher RPM range. There is some minor backfiring after letting off the accelerator at lower RPM. I'll be sending Ian a log as soon as I get back from a business trip this week to make sure everything is running as intended.

DAM stays at 1, fine knock hit 1.40 which seems fine.

Overall definitely worth the investment and I highly recommend this kit. I'm using the catless downpipe and oh man does it sound awesome!
Old 02-05-2021, 08:31 AM   #11
Paul_E_D
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 510500
Vehicle:
2018 STI
Dark grey

Does stage 2 work without fuel system upgrades?
Paul_E_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 09:12 AM   #12
Jeffb16STI
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 532620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
Does stage 2 work without fuel system upgrades?
I know this is late. But I just installed this package a few days ago. AFR stays solid, car definitely feels way more quicker....
With that said, I did over boost once, even though they claim their downpipe eliminates boost creep. Not a fun feeling...
I've reached out to them to see if their tuner can address this, also I find it odd there are no map notes, I don't even know what the max boost is.

As for knock, DAM so far has never went below one, I have seen Feedback knock hit -2.8 on a few occasions though, mostly all knock monitors stay at zero, so I don't worry too much.

But that boost creep is a concern (major). Now I will say this, when I exceeded the boost threshold hold I was doing a WOT pull in 4th in 18 degree weather. Don't know if that's a factor. For the most part I'm a conservative driver, and rarely go about 11 to 12lbs of boost.

Maybe they will get back in touch this week, I know they've been closed for the holidays.
Jeffb16STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 10:59 AM   #13
graswrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 531555

Fueling concerns have prevented me from installing the downpipe and re-flashing for stage 2 as I already am occasionally hitting 100% injector duty cycle on stage 1. I wish MAP would offer an OTS tune that included fuel upgrades. This would make me much more comfortable moving beyond stage 1. My next move will likely be to upgrade fueling, 3 port EBC, and a pro tune instead of simply bolting on the downpipe and flashing.
graswrx is offline   Reply With Quote