Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
Sk1nny
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 181183
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
04 2.5rs

Default Don't want to break the rules...

Hello everyone,

tldr; at the bottom

I haven’t been here in quite a long time. I sold my ‘04 stick 2.5RS in the pretty metallic blue probably 10 years ago and I just sort of faded away after awhile. Didn’t mean to, but I do have fond memories of both.

I’m starting this thread because I don’t really know how/who to ask and a quick search didn’t quite yield what I was looking for. I would happily have asked a mod if I knew how. I sincerely apologize if something has been posted before.

A buddy of mine recently acquired an ‘07 Legacy wagon 2.5i special edition in pearl white with < 80k miles that appears to have been meticulously taken care of and I immediately thought of this forum when I saw it. I am looking to get a one-time exception to the vendor rule in the classifieds. I know its not an Impreza, but please hear me out.

The exterior is at least 9/10. It’s virtually flawless save for some mild curb rash on one of the wheels and some loading scratches on the edge of the rear bumper. I don’t remember a single other scratch or ding otherwise.

The interior is in excellent shape as well. The only defects are a single tear in each of the front seats. They both cover about 1 square foot and are located on the backrest at the bottom near the edge closest to the door. Whoever owned it previously did repair it and I imagine it’ll stay that way for a while, but it admittedly could have been done better.

It also seems mechanically sound. I put 10-15 miles on it myself when following him back to his garage after picking it up and it drove great. No CEL or weird noises, but it does have a slight steering wheel shimmy that inconsistently pops up around 65 and then goes away a few moments later. The car was perfect otherwise. It appears to have been dealer-maintained, as it has a Subaru-branded battery. I don’t actually know for a fact, though.

In the interest of full disclosure, he just started his own a dealership a few months ago and has a very small inventory, of which this car belongs to, but he’s a stand-up guy and has been a close friend for over a decade now.

I won’t post any photos, contact details, location, etc. without express approval from the mods. I know I’m walking on hot coals as it is

I’m hoping for an exception because someone on this forum would really enjoy this car (looking at you, wagon-cultists ) and I believe it’ll benefit everyone involved. I’d buy the car myself but if I ever get a 4 door again, its gonna be something with some grunt like my old 1st gen V (sorry, not sorry haha.)

If, however, I’ve ripped the tag off a mattress or committed some other unspeakable horror, I will quietly fade into the bushes and allow myself to be consumed by the plant-life.

Best of luck

Tldr; old user became aware of pristine local example and is seeking mod permission to post it here
Sk1nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 RAV4 MT
15 WRX/11 CRZ

Send a PM to Matt A and ask him. He is in charge of vendor related things and is the only one who can deal with this.
Don't expect much and that way you won't be disappointed.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:56 AM   #3
Matt A
This space for rent
Administrator

Member#: 15382
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
. 2005 OBXT LTD
2017 Chevy Bolt EV

you know, every so often we need to make exceptions to rules and asking nicely is just about the best way to get that to happen.

Go for it. Best of luck to your friend and his dealership.
Matt A is offline   Reply With Quote