Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 19, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
xBOXCARx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 92594
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT, 16G
GRP

Default Open Source Tuning Help

I need your help. I am trying to get this to work, however, I can't even get ECUFlash to open any XPT maps or customized ones that are 192kb. The only maps it will recognize are 160kb maps. I have reinstalled the newest version of ECUflash and the definitions but it still says:

"Unknown Rom Image. Ecuflash could not recognize this ROM image using any of the current definitions. You can choose one of the following options:
1)abort using this ROM image (with no chance of saving)
2)continue using this ROM image with no definition (no editing or viewable, but saveble)
3)use wizard to create a new definition (NOT RECOMMENDED!!-FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY )

it also says this "[21:51:04.140] image file is incorrect size."

The Directions from XPT are as follows:
Copy the XPTxxxxx.XML file from that directory to the following location if using EcuFlash 1.30 or lower: "C:\Program Files\OpenEcu\EcuFlash\Metadat a\Subaru\WRX" , if you have an STI, change "WRX" to "STI". If you have EcuFlash 1.31 or higher, copy the file to this directory: "C:\Program Files\OpenEcu\EcuFlash\Metadat a\Subaru\Impreza WRX"

I have tried multiple times to follow the instructions but I'm not sure i'm following them correctly. For some reason it is not working for me. The Rom file i downloaded is a .HEX file. Does it need to be .xml in order for ECU flash to recognize it? If so is there a way to convert the file?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
xBOXCARx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
eminehart
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11205
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBOXCARx View Post
I need your help. I am trying to get this to work, however, I can't even get ECUFlash to open any XPT maps or customized ones that are 192kb. The only maps it will recognize are 160kb maps. I have reinstalled the newest version of ECUflash and the definitions but it still says:

"Unknown Rom Image. Ecuflash could not recognize this ROM image using any of the current definitions. You can choose one of the following options:
1)abort using this ROM image (with no chance of saving)
2)continue using this ROM image with no definition (no editing or viewable, but saveble)
3)use wizard to create a new definition (NOT RECOMMENDED!!-FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY )

it also says this "[21:51:04.140] image file is incorrect size."

The Directions from XPT are as follows:
Copy the XPTxxxxx.XML file from that directory to the following location if using EcuFlash 1.30 or lower: "C:\Program Files\OpenEcu\EcuFlash\Metadat a\Subaru\WRX" , if you have an STI, change "WRX" to "STI". If you have EcuFlash 1.31 or higher, copy the file to this directory: "C:\Program Files\OpenEcu\EcuFlash\Metadat a\Subaru\Impreza WRX"

I have tried multiple times to follow the instructions but I'm not sure i'm following them correctly. For some reason it is not working for me. The Rom file i downloaded is a .HEX file. Does it need to be .xml in order for ECU flash to recognize it? If so is there a way to convert the file?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
You need 2 different files.

Your XPT Rom (xxxxxxxx.hex) file and your XPT definitions File (xxxxxxx.xml)

You put the xml file in the proper metadata folder and then open the hex file with ecuflash.
eminehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
xBOXCARx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 92594
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT, 16G
GRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminehart View Post
You need 2 different files.

Your XPT Rom (xxxxxxxx.hex) file and your XPT definitions File (xxxxxxx.xml)

You put the xml file in the proper metadata folder and then open the hex file with ecuflash.

Yup, that was the problem. Thanks man!
xBOXCARx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #4
eminehart
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11205
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

you will also need a new ecu_def file for RomRaider to edit it. You can't just add a def to it. RomRaider uses only one file for all ecu definitions.
eminehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #5
mickeyd2005
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122595
Vehicle:
2005 LGT Wagon
ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminehart View Post
you will also need a new ecu_def file for RomRaider to edit it. You can't just add a def to it. RomRaider uses only one file for all ecu definitions.
?

I have multiple xml files: the basic one, the motorcycle one, the beta 08 STi one... Romraider accepts more than one ecu definition XML file.
mickeyd2005 is offline   Reply With Quote