Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #3626
DsKs17
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 476738
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Waukesha, Wi
Vehicle:
2017 Wrx limited

Default

2017 WRX. My clutch pedal intermittently vibrates. I've found that pressing it in and releasing it quickly eventually resolves the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something I should be concerned about?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DsKs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #3627
DaHeights718
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 470141
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Does anyone have a loose driver side window. Mine rattles unless I push it down. So annoying
DaHeights718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #3628
vtwinjunkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 415503
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Nova
Vehicle:
2016 WRX limited
black silica

Default

vtwinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:41 PM   #3629
buckwilly
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252012
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charlotte, NC
Vehicle:
2010 STi
Silver

Default 2015 WRX Defects

2016 WRX limited purchased in July 2015. 42k miles since new and not a single defect or issue. 32k of those miles at stage 1 or stage 2 plus. No rattles , leaks, paint issues, or anything of the sort. As a matter a fact, itís the most reliable car Iíve ever owned (Iíve owned several WRX, STIs, BMWs, Nissans, Lexus, and Infiniti). Itís almost hard to believe the defects and complaints I keep reading.

Only basic maintenance and lots of motor, brake, and suspension mods. Itís been a fun and stress free two years with her. Zero complaints. Just smiles and spirited drives. I do take excellent care of my cars though. Always garage kept and doesnít see daily driving for last 18 months.
buckwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #3630
subySerb
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 155411
Join Date: Jul 2007
Default

Can I just go to the dealership with this list and tell them to fix all of the issues?
subySerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #3631
vtwinjunkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 415503
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Nova
Vehicle:
2016 WRX limited
black silica

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subySerb View Post
Can I just go to the dealership with this list and tell them to fix all of the issues?
I have no idea what year you have since its not listed. if you have an early model 2015 chances are you have a few of these or more. If you have a 2016 like me, you may have 2-3 but it inst a given that your car will exhibit symptoms of the issues listed. I merely posted this as a means of information for you to research on your own and see which ones apply to your car.
If you have a 2017 or newer. these will most likely not apply to you.

if you open the links and read, you will see what I am talking about.

Do what you want, but I have found that the honey approach always works best for me. I value the relationship that I have built with my dealer and would not come to them with bull**** like what you are proposing.
vtwinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:51 PM   #3632
vapore0n
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21356
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Can't catch me!
Vehicle:
2017 Subaru Corolla
STI Limited SE-R Type (R)

Default

Interesting list
The Door Mirror Loose TSB applies to my car, even though the year listed on the TSB is up to 2016.
Ill have to go up to the dealer and talk to them. Im more afraid of them scratching my car, than the mirror assembly being loose.
vapore0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:01 AM   #3633
vtwinjunkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 415503
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Nova
Vehicle:
2016 WRX limited
black silica

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
Interesting list
The Door Mirror Loose TSB applies to my car, even though the year listed on the TSB is up to 2016.
Ill have to go up to the dealer and talk to them. Im more afraid of them scratching my car, than the mirror assembly being loose.
Read through the TSB. it is simply an update to the bolts.

you can purchase these bolts and do this yourself if it makes you feel better.

they are probably only a few bucks. Hardly worth your time to go through the service dept for those savings.
vtwinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #3634
xtremsiege2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 232721
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2015 wrx premium
ICM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subySerb View Post
Can I just go to the dealership with this list and tell them to fix all of the issues?
If it aint broke don't fix it, is what they'll probably say. Bulletins are based on the amount of people having the same problem, doesn't mean your car has these problems. Or they may charge you for the diagnostic.
xtremsiege2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #3635
vapore0n
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21356
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Can't catch me!
Vehicle:
2017 Subaru Corolla
STI Limited SE-R Type (R)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinjunkie View Post
Read through the TSB. it is simply an update to the bolts.

you can purchase these bolts and do this yourself if it makes you feel better.

they are probably only a few bucks. Hardly worth your time to go through the service dept for those savings.
not a bad idea.

I have wanted to take the assembly off. I figured I needed to tighten something. Now I got instructions on how to
vapore0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #3636
vtwinjunkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 415503
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Nova
Vehicle:
2016 WRX limited
black silica

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
not a bad idea.

I have wanted to take the assembly off. I figured I needed to tighten something. Now I got instructions on how to
I intend to do the same thing. Although its not bad enough to warrant it right now perhaps in another year or so for me.

Good luck!
vtwinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:14 AM   #3637
DaHeights718
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 470141
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Anybody having issues with condensation in their fog lights. Itís driving me crazy
DaHeights718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #3638
CBSWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 424895
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2016 WRX - (SOLD!)

Default

Lol, Iím so jealous!! You find it hard to believe that people have issues, I find it hard to believe there are WRXs out there with no issues! Haha. Maybe the secret is not to use it as a daily driver like I have.


Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwilly View Post
2016 WRX limited purchased in July 2015. 42k miles since new and not a single defect or issue. 32k of those miles at stage 1 or stage 2 plus. No rattles , leaks, paint issues, or anything of the sort. As a matter a fact, itís the most reliable car Iíve ever owned (Iíve owned several WRX, STIs, BMWs, Nissans, Lexus, and Infiniti). Itís almost hard to believe the defects and complaints I keep reading.

Only basic maintenance and lots of motor, brake, and suspension mods. Itís been a fun and stress free two years with her. Zero complaints. Just smiles and spirited drives. I do take excellent care of my cars though. Always garage kept and doesnít see daily driving for last 18 months.
CBSWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #3639
CBSWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 424895
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2016 WRX - (SOLD!)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinjunkie View Post
Read through the TSB. it is simply an update to the bolts.

you can purchase these bolts and do this yourself if it makes you feel better.

they are probably only a few bucks. Hardly worth your time to go through the service dept for those savings.
Good tip Just noticed that my mirrors are pretty loose. Will pick up bolts and do the fix myself.
CBSWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:17 PM   #3640
RuskiWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 481410
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium

Default

I have issues putting my car into first and second gear. Very often it takes a lot of effort to shift into 1st or 2nd, other times none at all. I don't know if this is a defect.
RuskiWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #3641
RuskiWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 481410
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsKs17 View Post
2017 WRX. My clutch pedal intermittently vibrates. I've found that pressing it in and releasing it quickly eventually resolves the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something I should be concerned about?
I think I have a similar issue, but only after driving my car hard. The clutch vibrates when I press it in, but it eventually goes away after use.
RuskiWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #3642
samus2017
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 474813
Join Date: Sep 2017
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
Silver

Default

I had the same issue. There is a TSB for the Clutch Release Bearing.
samus2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #3643
fredzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX
and a Sienna

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskiWRX View Post
I have issues putting my car into first and second gear. Very often it takes a lot of effort to shift into 1st or 2nd, other times none at all. I don't know if this is a defect.
Did you have any transmission related work done? Maybe check that all of the shift cables/anchors are secured and fully seated the next time you can get under the car. I'm assuming this isn't just cold (harder shifting) vs. warm.

Twice I've had issues with intermittent hard-shifting (in a Nissan and a Saturn) and both times, the clips that secure the ends of the shift cables had become loose. It reduces the precision of the cable movement, which can cause conflict at the gearbox.

The one thing that I most expected to be let down by going to the 2015 WRX, but have been most happy with is the shifter. Not the best, but nowhere near bad, even in the cold. I've never even seen how Subaru's cables are set up, so my advice above could be entirely not-applicable.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:07 AM   #3644
nevernudedrew
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480079
Join Date: Jan 2018
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeights718 View Post
Does anyone have a loose driver side window. Mine rattles unless I push it down. So annoying


ME TOO

There's no issue when the window is all the way up or down, but when I cruise with the window partially open, it will jostle just enough to make a little noise.

Also, weird thing I've noticed: I use a cigarette lighter --> micro usb charger for my phone from the center armrest, when the phone is plugged in, and if I leave it on my passenger seat, the passenger seatbelt sign will trigger and start chiming. As soon as I lift the phone off the seat, it stops. I think it has something to do with triggering an electrical circuit and just the right contact, but I know that this is definitely causing it because it took me weeks to diagnose wtf was going on and narrowed it down to being directly related to having the phone plugged in charging and setting it on the passenger seat.
nevernudedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #3645
vladd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 158185
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
17 WRX
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post

The one thing that I most expected to be let down by going to the 2015 WRX, but have been most happy with is the shifter. Not the best, but nowhere near bad, even in the cold. I've never even seen how Subaru's cables are set up, so my advice above could be entirely not-applicable.
Agreed, the tranny is much better than I was expecting.
vladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #3646
CWPwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461151
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone has encountered this problem.... I have a 17 WRX when my turbo spools up I get the standard turbo noise in the cabin as well as what I would describe as a noise it you stuck a piece of paper into spinning fan blades... Hope that makes sense? Could it be a turbo leak?
CWPwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #3647
oldenoughtoknowbettr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 497063
Join Date: Jan 2019
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, Oregon
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
rollover white

Default

the passenger side windshield wipers limit is right in my eyeball path looker & i focus on the little bit of impression it leaves
cause it's right
there

i may just need new wiperblades, but that's a messed up place to set the wipers
oldenoughtoknowbettr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.