Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday February 9, 2023
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-05-2022, 09:59 PM   #1
C0lsanders_
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 532318
Vehicle:
2016 Impreza
Red

Default Dimmable interior lights; 2 questions

Forgive me if this has been addressed. Please direct me, if so.

Dual related questions. All related to my other question, but depending on this one, will render the other obsolete. All the below relates to my '16 Impreza, red accent lights.
1. What would be the best "source" for dimmable lights (LEDs or otherwise) to match OEM interior? Can be an aftermarket light, if their dim pattern matches. I don't really want to mess with regular LEDs, as they need to dim to match stock. If non-aftermarket, what stock item (Impreza or otherwise) would be the simplest? IE, I have a hazard light assembly coming (from a WRX, I believe), for experimentation. I also have a Crosstrek climate control module, and have that torn apart (I'll be using 2 of the red rings for the project), and the LEDs in there are surface mount to the board, and not usable for this. I think I'll probably be needing a total of 4 LEDs, and I'd kinda rather not have to order a total of 4 hazard lights, if there's a more efficient source.

2. Other question, what is the easiest source for power & dimming control? I am currently leaning on tapping the power from the existing hazard light assembly, as it dims, but I wonder if there's a better option (access or whatever).

Long and short of the project is that I am adding power ports (2x USB and 2x Anderson powerpoles) in my front cubby, front of shifter. They need illuminated, as I don't want them totally hidden in the dark. Currently have OEM red rings and panel from a Crosstrek climate control panel. Lighting must match the rest of the interior. I can very easily add simple on/off LEDs, switched with headlights or something, but I don't want max bright or off, must match the OEM brightness of the rest.
C0lsanders_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links