Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-24-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
kyoung05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33430
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2015 STI
Galaxy Blue Pearl

Default VF39 Wastegate Actuator - What does it look like, and what size screw hold it on???

A fellow member sent me 2 wastegate actuators, one of which is for a vf39, and the other which is for a vf22. He wasn't able to tell the difference, and so, sent me both and asked me to send back whichever I didn't use. Well, I got both, and I cannot seem to distinguish one from the other. Aside from minor cosmetic differences, they both seem like they'll bolt onto the turbo. The major external distinction I can tell is that one's wastegate arm has a thin section in the middle, while the other does not. Can anyone who has a spare vf39 laying around look at their wastegate arm and see if there is a tapered section in the middle of it?

Also, does anyone know what size bolts are used to mount the wastegate actuator onto the turbo?
kyoung05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
WRXDriftR
Scooby Guru

Member#: 65065
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2004 EJ205 STi
2007 Forester STi

heres a pic of my VF43. Its the new 2007 STI turbo if you were not aware. I assume it would be similar to the 39, but don't bet any money on that.

hope it helps,
~Chris
WRXDriftR is offline   Reply With Quote