Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-27-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
cmaher55
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 462042
Default 2015 sedan cargo carrier

Folks, have a 2015 Impreza sedan, base model, bought it for my daughter. Super cool car, our third Subi, a 2005 H6 Outback LL Bean, and a 2011 2.5 Outback, love them all.........! Still own all of them. Question, just got Yakima roof rack and got a 16 cubic foot Yakima cargo carrier for the top. Looks a little big on the car but I think it would be ok, around town don't even feel it, on freeway I feel it a bit at 70-75 mph. I have to have the space to move her up to college, back and forth for the next three years, 700 mile trip from Sacramento to Portland Oregon... Got the SKYBOX 16 CARBONITE. Really cool, but feel the wind when I pass trucks, etc.... Any experience with these and this size on an Impreza sedan or hatchback...? Seems with a lighter car you feel the wind a bit more.... My 17 cubic foot Thule Mountainer carrier from 2002 on my 2011 Outback I really don't know it's there........ Thanks....!
cmaher55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2017, 11:46 PM   #2
drpoop
*** Banned ***

Member#: 421858
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza

I think there are only a few members with those roof mounted storage containers here.

What exactly are you wanting to know? What's a good choice for roof cargo carrier?

By the way, I'd throw on some good continental or michelin all season tires, winters here are unpredictable. Sometimes no snow, sometimes (this winter) 4 inch thick sheets of ice and well below freezing lows for weeks. If you're still on the stock yokohama tires, they're junk in the snow. Although, if she can stand not driving for 5-7 days potentially at a time while roads are cleared/graveled, then it's not an issue. A little off topic I know but thought I'd post the most helpful advice that's usually circulated around for new members here.
drpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #3
cmaher55
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 462042

Thanks for the response... Yep, it was pretty snowy up there as I saw on the news. Saw that video of the guy snowboarding in the street behind the truck pulling him.. Was pretty wet down here in Sacramento... I doubt she will do much driving when is snows a lot up there... The cargo carrier is just to get her up there and back... Will stay on the car while she's up there. Yep, and I did change out the tires at only 7000 miles, they were not that great. Had no choice, lost one at 70 mph to a metal shard and it shredded the tire by the time I was able to pull over... Got a better set on the car now, Cooper MC 440's which seem like a lot better tire. Thanks for the advice on the tires and the snow..! Regards
cmaher55 is offline   Reply With Quote