Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Deucalion
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 228517
Question ej20tt swap into a 97 Legacy GT, would it have the same difficultys as swapping in RS

I am possibly getting a 97 Legacy GT 2.5 soon and I was just wondering if the 2.0 twin turbo boxer motor would fit better in it than when someone trys to swap it into an RS, because I looked into an RS that had been swapped but the car has since been put up for sale again, don't know condition of turbos this time but I'm staying away from it, I know the twin turbo is in the Legacys over in Japan so I was just wondering if it would fit in a US spec legacy? without the problems found swapping it into an RS, I don't remember what those problems were but I remember something about one of the turbos having to be in some spot behind a headlight and possible relocation of something else, basically it was a risky setup and could get messy, and of course very expensive. So 2.0 TT into a 97 Legacy GT, similar problem as RS or easier fit?
Deucalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
tiger20002
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 227802
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1998 legacy outback
blue and tan

no it wont just drop in u have to do modifications....i jus did one in my 98 legacy outback. am not completely done yet tho i have to finish the wiring, and thats basically it.....took 4 days to put in dont know how long the wiring is gonna take....and yes the left turbo does hit the brake booster. and i had to deal with the cross member...not that big of an issue as they say
tiger20002 is offline   Reply With Quote