Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor Storefront Forums > Boomba Racing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 75640
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default Boomba Racing is Moving!!!

That's right, Boomba Racing has spread its wings and is growing. In order to keep up with demand we are moving to a new and bigger location! We will be set up at the new location next week. As such, we will also have a new number.

Wood Dale, IL 60191

Date:
Week of October 24th

*NEW* Phone Number:
(630) 694-0404

We will update all information next week when we set up in the new location. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up first!

Visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Boomba Racing guarantees satisfaction by designing the highest quality parts using the best materials and the most advanced technology available. All of our products are 100% designed, machined, and assembled in the USA.
BOOMBA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and appreciate everyone for putting up with us becoming so backed up on orders during the move.

We have moved everything to the new location!

Set up our CNC Mills

Set up our Manual Mills and Wire EDMs

Not pictured are our Lathes and Grinders.

Now comes the *fun* part of sorting everything out...

Sorry for the mess, but just wanted to show you guys what we are up to. Will have to snap more pictures as everything unfolds.

Visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Boomba Racing guarantees satisfaction by designing the highest quality parts using the best materials and the most advanced technology available. All of our products are 100% designed, machined, and assembled in the USA.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

It only took 6 truck loads... How we every managed to fit so much into such a small building... I will never know...

Visit us at
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Old 11-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
Homemade WRX
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (10)

Member#: 33782
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
96 3MI Racing
search FIRST, then PM!!!

I'm drooling over the machines...I'm dying to get a 5-axis mill of my own...a boy can dream
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

I don't blame you, a 5-axis is capable of machining impossible looking shapes.

Some more pictures for everyone.

We put up our BIG racks. They are already full!

Containers for used nasty, one for coolant, one for oil.

Random snow day, followed by the week being 50's...

Visit us at
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Old 04-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Believe it or not, but we are still settling in. We have been swamped by non stop projects and everything being needed ASAP. Also a blast getting permits from the city for everything...

What can I tell you? Even with all the madness we have been able to keep our machines running and keeping up with orders. We have been sorting what one can only call a night terror of an electrical mess. Had to redo plumbing. Putting dyno in ground, etc. (blah, blah, blah...)

Even with all this we are still ever expanding and are always trying to offer the best services to our customers!

Without further ado, may I present to you our brand new grinder for Rotors and Flywheels!

Here is a quick teaser for everyone.

Before

This is a demonstration photo of what a rotor would look like after being turned from a lathe.

After

And here is what it will look like from a correct grinder!

Side by Side

Visit us at
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Old 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
dylanhauge
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (9)

Member#: 145072
Vehicle:
2015 CS FRS
Black

How about some pictures of the shop all setup (now that you have had some time to settle in)?
dylanhauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

We aren't completely settled in haha!

Expect a lot more updates though

Visit us at
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Old 04-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
Abnormal
Lil Curious
Member Sales Rating: (45)

Member#: 149626
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 CGM FXT
Rocket Box! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOMBA RACING View Post
Believe it or not, but we are still settling in. We have been swamped by non stop projects and everything being needed ASAP. Also a blast getting permits from the city for everything...

What can I tell you? Even with all the madness we have been able to keep our machines running and keeping up with orders. We have been sorting what one can only call a night terror of an electrical mess. Had to redo plumbing. Putting dyno in ground, etc. (blah, blah, blah...)

Even with all this we are still ever expanding and are always trying to offer the best services to our customers!

Without further ado, may I present to you our brand new grinder for Rotors and Flywheels!

Here is a quick teaser for everyone.

Before

This is a demonstration photo of what a rotor would look like after being turned from a lathe.

After

And here is what it will look like from a correct grinder!

Side by Side
Sweeeeeet! Expect a heavy box from me sometime over summer Any ideas on turn around time?

By the way... Fuel rails are looking GREAT! Motor should be in the car next weekend
Abnormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Haha! If rotors are off the car and there isn't absolute chaos going on - turn around can be as fast as 1 business day

Rock those rails!!!

Visit us at
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Old 04-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Normal rotor wear back side

After grinding

Notice the lip is completely ground down

Normal rotor wear front side

Ground down

Turned on a lathe

Notice the chatter from the slotted underside

Ground

Side by side

Full view

Visit us at
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Eats through all contaminants

Side by side of the nasty backside

Looks new again!

Visit us at
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
LOUROK
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 243245
Vehicle:
2010 SH FXT
VF52 301whp 294tq

Didn't see this until now. No wonder I don't hear the dyno from my house anymore in Schumburg. I work at Lee Auto in Wood Dale on weekends. We deliver incase you guys need anything.

I love the catch can I got from you guys.
LOUROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
BOOMBA RACING
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUROK View Post
Didn't see this until now. No wonder I don't hear the dyno from my house anymore in Schumburg. I work at Lee Auto in Wood Dale on weekends. We deliver incase you guys need anything.

I love the catch can I got from you guys.
You should be hearing a dyno soon in the area though, last I heard.

Dully noted sir! Thank you for the kind words

Visit us at
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191