Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday October 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-06-2015, 12:56 PM   #1
Shortbuswrx
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 419826
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Sonic Yellow

Default Speed daddy /m2 exhaust

Good morning nasioc, decided to make a review on the exhaust I recently picked up and installed. I will give you a bit of background before I dive into a review.

I decided that I was getting quite sick of my current invidia n1, it was to loud and in your face than I wanted. I began the hunt for a new exhaust, I had a borla hush before the n1 and liked it but it was to beat to save. I was looking for something along the lines of a Cobb exhaust, stock looking but with good sound. I came across the speed daddy or m2 style Cobb replica, it looked like the perfect exhaust. I listened to a few clips and placed my order. Shipping took a week. Anyway...

The install is straight forward, it has a flat flange that mates up to my invidia race down pipe perfectly. The mid pipe hanger is ill placed and does not reach the rubber hanger but it is not a problem and doesn't hurt the function. Went to intstall the axelback and the hanger on the pipe does not line up, instead it hits suspension components. I had to take a wheel cutter and complety remove the hanger. Everything was now mounted up. Started the car up and here we go.

This exhaust is loud, I mean very loud, it shocked me as its idle is louder than my invidia catback. Also it makes a nice metallic rattle too, effectively making your Subaru sound like a complete pos. It still had the boxer rumble so I figured I would drive around with it.

It sounds terrible, at 1750 rpms and up it has a very audible rasp, it sounds like a Honda with a fart can. The rasp usually goes away after 2250rpms but if you lay into the throttle more than 20% the rasp will follow you all the way through the rpms. The exhaust has a muffler on it, but I believe it does nothing as the car is as loud as a straight piped Subaru, but sounds way worse than a straight piped Subaru. It is an embarrassment to drive around with this exhaust, and now my car sits in the garage waiting for my new exhaust to show up.

Avoid this exhaust at all costs!
Shortbuswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2015, 12:41 AM   #2
jinstwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338623
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 Subaru WRX
red

Would be nice if you could tell us the model of your car
jinstwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
Shortbuswrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 419826
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Sonic Yellow

Sorry about that, I installed it on an 03. But the exhaust is made for 02-07.
Shortbuswrx is offline   Reply With Quote