Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 19, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-21-2019, 01:26 AM   #1
Wrxity
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 439944
Default ABS Wiring issues

Before I start, I have searched high and low for information that may help me and have only dug up more questions.

The car: 2003 forester XS (NA and manual) to start. It was swapped with a full v7 sti engine and drive train. Almost every works, except the ABS. Normal FAQ do not cover my vehicle, as I am likely looking for a connection not done up. Every thread seems to be about bad sensors.

Now, ABS light is always on. I tried to do the manual code read, but there seems to be more than 3 codes. The one I remember off hand is "52 Abnormal motor and/or motor relay". And "LH speed sensor voltage too high"

I have checked all 4 wheel speed sensors and the g sensor, they are hooked up. Where can I find the rest of the connections? I have tried looking at wiring diagrams, but it is so difficult to determine the actual location of everything
Wrxity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #2
Barge
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 62941
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 #LesboRacer
#TunedbyBarge

The factory service manual ABS wiring information shows all the wiring connectors for the ABS module.

If you haven't swapped the ABS pump unit or done major wiring changes then it should not have been affected.

Subaru has played with the wheel speed wiring and different years/models can have different G sensors but i'm pretty certain like 2004+ all have the same type of wheel speed sensor and i can't imagine why 2003 would be different.
Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
Wrxity
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 439944

There was a massive merge between harnesses and The plugs for the speed sensors did not match. They had the same coloured wires so i clipped The plugs and added quick connects.

Something worked because my e-brake light that would always stay on shut off after.

I am attempting to sell the car so i really don't want to purchase the service manual
Wrxity is offline   Reply With Quote