Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 14, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
PureRedWrx_Ty
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 482611
Default 2015+ WRX Swift Spec R Springs

Swift Spec R Springs:

I ordered these springs from kamispeed a few months ago. They gave me great service and a deal that I could not refuse. I wanted to give a real first impression of the install and how the car sits, and rides now.

I will start off by saying that I have had two other cars that were lowered. A 2013 GTI that was on coilovers and then moved to airlift V3 suspension.
Then I got a 2014 civic si that was on Swift Spec R springs and then moved over to swift Spec R springs with a strut upgrade.

The wrx is a much more planted car to begin with than either of those two. The problem that I had on the civic si was that all swift springs are wound one direction, where civic si springs are multi direction (Right and left specific) so they made quite a bit of noise.

The Wrx is not like that, these springs sat right in the perches no problem, I had a buddy help me install them just because he offered and two is better than one especially when dealing with suspension. The fronts were a little tougher to get back in, there is not much wiggle room to move the strut around without worrying if you are going to slice the CV boot open. But we got passed that, just be careful.
The Rears were probably the smoothest install I have ever had on a car part ever. These springs went right in, 4 bolts on each side and they were done. Both rears together took about an hour.

The ride height is perfect, there is a slight rake in the front but it is not like the difference the RCE Springs have. It is not very noticeable and I am sure it will settle more as the weeks go one, just as the ones on my civic si did. The drop is about 1 inch all the way around and it leaves a tight 2 finger gap with my 18x8.5 +50 wheels on 225/40/18 snow tires. The car handles quite a bit better, it is a little more stiff and there is slightly less roll in the corners. I am sure that if you paired up some good sway bars it would be awesome. I choose swift because their quality is awesome, they were on my civic for 2 years in PA weather with salt and snow and they never got rusty.

I would recommend these over and over again, and I would also like to recommend Kamispeed and thank them for the great customer service and fast shipping even when they knew they would not be installed right away!
PureRedWrx_Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2018, 01:37 AM   #2
Dragon805
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483653
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STi
Dark Gray Metallic

Thanks for the review - I will be purchasing a set of these for my car soon. Between the two of you, how long did the install take total?
Dragon805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:15 PM   #3
mvadenais
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 472751
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Should be installing these this week. Fantastic quality upon unboxing. Haven't heard or read bad reviews. I guess I'll be my own judge. Any issues aligning w/out other suspension mods?
mvadenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
mvadenais
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 472751
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Around 1500 miles on the spec-r springs. Springs have settled and the drop is 1 inch all around. They don't feel much different (harshness wise) compared to stock springs. Noticeable difference in cornering, less body roll, aestheticly much better looking without the wheel gap. Impressed and happy with the product. I highly recommend Swift Spec-R springs.
mvadenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:19 AM   #5
jcf_dori
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 484219

Do you notice if it removed the bumpy ride for the back?
Stock springs currently are bumpy and feels unsetteled in the back going over big bumps
jcf_dori is offline   Reply With Quote