Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 30, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #2926
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fire Caves
Vehicle:
1999 2002 WRX Donor
93 FWD Base Impreza Autox

Default

The real question isn't if you can afford to pay $40,000 cash for a car...

The real question is, "How much in depreciation can you afford to LOSE per year?"

If you buy the right car at the right price, and you can sell said car down the road for what you paid on it, its completely irrelevant what the price of the car was in the first place.

On the flip side, if you buy a $40k car that depreciates to $5k by the time you sell it, you have to be able to afford losing all that money.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM   #2927
nealric
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 450518
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Houston
Vehicle:
2016 STI
Arrest Me Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
I'm not the one with the reading comprehension issue. You're the one that said you took it on track/racing. Autox on an infield, slowed down by cones, is not on track, when you are at speeds lower than usually seen on tracks. Also, want me to get in on the term "racing"? (Tosses Solo Rules your way). Please point to me in the rules where it says autox is racing. It's a timed competition, but it's not racing... they actively avoid using the term. I have also participated in an autox, at Stafford Springs, CT, won the class in my BRZ, but I would never say it was "on track racing".

I know you're new to it. But please... just take it as a learning experience and go to more events and have fun. Most of us here know the difference between it all.

--kC (Past National Solo/ProSolo national champ, lost count of trophies)
Whether autoX is racing is a silly semantic exercise. The Solo official rules try to avoid "racing" in order to avoid insurance issues for street driven cars. The dictionary definition of "race" is "a contest of speed." That's literally what AutoX is.

But I very much agree AutoX on a road course is a lot different from an open road course. A lot of the STI's limitations on track aren't apparent until you open it up.
nealric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #2928
nealric
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 450518
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Houston
Vehicle:
2016 STI
Arrest Me Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
The real question isn't if you can afford to pay $40,000 cash for a car...

The real question is, "How much in depreciation can you afford to LOSE per year?"

If you buy the right car at the right price, and you can sell said car down the road for what you paid on it, its completely irrelevant what the price of the car was in the first place.

On the flip side, if you buy a $40k car that depreciates to $5k by the time you sell it, you have to be able to afford losing all that money.
Depreciation + running costs. STIs are great on the former, less so on the latter.
nealric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #2929
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 50586
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs
Vehicle:
2020 STI
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
I'm not the one with the reading comprehension issue. You're the one that said you took it on track/racing. Autox on an infield, slowed down by cones, is not on track, when you are at speeds lower than usually seen on tracks. Also, want me to get in on the term "racing"? (Tosses Solo Rules your way). Please point to me in the rules where it says autox is racing. It's a timed competition, but it's not racing... they actively avoid using the term. I have also participated in an autox, at Stafford Springs, CT, won the class in my BRZ, but I would never say it was "on track racing".

I know you're new to it. But please... just take it as a learning experience and go to more events and have fun. Most of us here know the difference between it all.

--kC (Past National Solo/ProSolo national champ, lost count of trophies)
You sound like a pompous racing snob really...I never said I was doing open lap tracking you assumed that was what I was doing....stop assuming....I've copied you on the PPIR Track Attack rule book, you can see where it say it's a "racing league" I know you're new to this thing called reading comprehension....it's ok...

Last edited by murrdogg24; Yesterday at 07:18 PM.
murrdogg24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM   #2930
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: por\\and
Vehicle:
V^V justrememberall
capswhenuspellyomansname

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samagon View Post
when I am looking at a resume to hire someone, if I see college on the resume, I only care to see if you finished, which why would you put it on there if not. so all that degree does is says: finishes what he/she starts.
When I start a meal, I finish it. Start to finish. Done. When I mow the yard, done. Done deal. I don't even **** around. And I cook my meat you better believe that **** is done. Heat, cook, done, serve, eat, done. DONE. START. DONE. DONE. PAY ME.


Quote:
I'm not the one with the reading comprehension issue.
Quote:
I know you're new to this thing called reading comprehension.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #2931
mcarb002
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324784
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2019 Forester Sport

Default

we need some new mule or Nurburgring testing pics bad lol
mcarb002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM   #2932
4wdwrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 72042
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Sunshine
Vehicle:
2002 V7 Impreza WRX
The Blue Mammoth

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg_matnik View Post
I wouldn't do that even if I could.
Better to put down a sizable down payment (say $10K) and take a loan out for $30K (at 0% APR if offered but even current rates are low enough).
I keep my remaining $30K invested and working for me; hopefully, returning more money than I'd be paying on that $30K auto loan.
Being able afford means not having to worry about how to spend the money. You can just buy it.

We don't think about buying a dollar menu burger.

If one can buy a $40k car like that, it means they can afford it
4wdwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM   #2933
Stickee
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 530
Join Date: Nov 1999
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: I wonder how long you could ma
Vehicle:
2005 9-2x Aero
FastAr Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarb002 View Post
we need some new mule or Nurburgring testing pics bad lol


I think this is new. From https://creative311.com/?p=104561.
Stickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #2934
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: por\\and
Vehicle:
V^V justrememberall
capswhenuspellyomansname

Default







Here's some more! oNtehNURbruggrang
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #2935
Scooby-Doode
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28976
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ANE Where
Vehicle:
2016 Step 2 Push
Buggy GT

Default

Clearly an EU or JDM model, USDM market isn't privileged enough to get a rear wiper.
Scooby-Doode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.