Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-16-2018, 06:30 AM   #26
boostedep3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 480108

I bought a Dodge Charger ScatPack, actually ordered it from the factor with never even sitting in a charger. I did have a 2010 Challenger SRT8 so I kind of knew what I was getting. The biggest thing that worried me was the automatic transmission but it was awesome. I put a deposit on my 2018 STI, I took it for a quick test drive before signing papers maybe like 3 miles. I had an Evo X previous so between the power numbers and handling I kind of knew what I was getting.
boostedep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #27
why2kmax
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464536
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STi
WRB

Ive talked to about every honda dealer within a 200 mile radius of me and none will allow test drives in the CTR because its "high performance" I can drive an STi all day long by myself, Im 50, I was easily able to test drive the hellcat I bought. Some dealers wont even open the car and let anyone SIT in it. I still wonder how they sell any.,
why2kmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #28
boostedep3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 480108

My Evo that I bought, the dealership actually pulled the car off the showroom floor for me to test drive by myself. I did have a 1 year old with me so that probably reduced the risk of a joy ride but still.
boostedep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #29
pr0file
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 223813
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
Lapis Blue Pearl

Bought 4 (98 CRV, 00 Celica GTS, 07 Civic EX, 16 WRX) out of 5 of my cars (5th was a 06 Evo IX) without an actual test drive prior to checking out the car at the day of pick up.
The CRV, I lived in Colorado at the time and figured it was a mini-SUV, so I wasn't buying it for performance.

The Celica I researched the crap out of it and took into account who was reviewing it and what their driving style was. It was cheap enough that I figured I would mod it if I didn't like the way it handled.

After coming from the Evo IX, I picked up the Civic and again wasn't concerned with the handling or performance cause premium gas, in my area, was around $5/gal. My commute sucked in the Evo and my salary wasn't as big as it was. I ended up modding it after I started to break things :P

For the WRX, I was able to drive older versions of the WRX and STi, but didn't get to drive an actual 15+ WRX till it arrived at my dealership. Going from a modded Civic to a WRX was a definite improvement: handling, acceleration, and modern comforts.

I research, research and do more research before buying the car... I like to read what other autocrossers/track guys think about the car and gauge if I will like the car or not based on their opinions. I used to autocross for many years, so I know what I like to look for in a car. And I'm not spending a huge amount on the car, so I give myself some room to mod if something doesn't feel/perform quite right.

So far I like the WRX... I've only added a few mods (SS brake lines, brake pads, charge pipe, rear sway bar and exhaust) and it's enhanced the driving performance of the car. I do feel that I'm reaching the limits of what I currently have and am looking to add springs/struts and an Accessport/tune in the future.
pr0file is offline   Reply With Quote