Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday August 19, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
Midnight.WRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490302
Default Canít figure out CEL P2135 PLEASE HELP!

So I was driving to the store and when I down shifted it above 3000 and the car just lost all power and throttle response. I got it into a parking lot and tried to start it and it would just crank. I then after letting it sit for a bit and checking all the connections I tried it again and it started but at a very weird and high idle and when I press the gas pedal it only went up to 3000 at full throttle. I checked my Cobb and the throttle position was staying a constant 14.9% but my target throttle was fully registering 0%-100% and my TPS voltage was sitting at .90v. I turned it off and then the car wouldnít start again, this time throttle position was at 9.48% and not changing and everything else was the same. So I turned it off completely and turned it to the ignition position and i didnít hear the throttle check, did this a few more time and I finally heard it at when it checked it only went to 49% on my Cobb and sounded like it was fluttering there for a second then closed to the 14.9% throttle position. I got it towed home and then I replaced the throttle body, same results, replaced the gas pedal, same results checked the ecu wiring because I do have a DCCD pro because I did a 6 speed swap and everything was fine. I have no idea what happened or what cause it and I need help cause Iím stumped.

Mod list: 07 wrx TR
Engine:
IAG Stage 2 Tuff short block with new factory heads
FP Blue with 84mm inlet flow port, turbine ported and coated
Tail 44mm EWG
Cobb AP V3
HKS SQV4 BOV
Grimmspeed light weight crank pulley
IAG billet TGV deletes with 8mm phenolic spacers
FP 84mm turbo inlet
Mishimoto short ram intake
Mishimoto FMIC
Cobb 3 port EBCS
Tomei Equal length headers and up pipe
HKS 3in downpipe
HKS Racing exhaust
Secondary Air Pump delete
Evap delete
Grimmspeed AOS
Walbro 255 fuel pump

Drivetrain:
2007 STI limited full swap (DCCD Trans, driveshaft, differential, axels, knuckles, stock 4 pots)
DCCD Pro
ACT Heavy Duty 6-Pluck clutch
ACT Prolite Flywheel
Torque Solutions solid shifter linkage U-joint
Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings
Torque solutions pivot bushings

Suspension:
BC BR series coil overs

Rotors:
DBA 4-pot front and rear rotors for STi

Interior:
STI gauge cluster
Midnight.WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
Jedi03
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 491095
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2009 STi Blue
Blue

•Faulty PCM
•Faulty throttle position sensor(s)
•Faulty accelerator position sensor
•Disruption in the throttle position sensor circuit such as an open, corrosion, short, damaged wiring or broken electrical connections
•Disruption in the accelerator pedal position sensor circuit such as an open, corrosion, poor electrical connection, short, damaged wiring or broken electrical connections
Jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:50 PM   #3
Midnight.WRX
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi03 View Post
ēFaulty PCM
ēFaulty throttle position sensor(s)
ēFaulty accelerator position sensor
ēDisruption in the throttle position sensor circuit such as an open, corrosion, short, damaged wiring or broken electrical connections
ēDisruption in the accelerator pedal position sensor circuit such as an open, corrosion, poor electrical connection, short, damaged wiring or broken electrical connections
Replaced the throttle body and accelerator pedal, gonna see if I can get a spare engine harness and swap it out because the current one does have some shielding melted.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:05 PM   #4
Midnight.WRX
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight.WRX View Post
Replaced the throttle body and accelerator pedal, gonna see if I can get a spare engine harness and swap it out because the current one does have some shielding melted.
UPDATE: havenít replaced the harness yet but the car had throttle control until 50% then lost all power and locked to 14.9%