Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday October 25, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
WontonNoodle
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478520
Join Date: Nov 2017
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Platinum silver metallic

Default Arashi Dynamics TD06SL2-GTX3071R-7cm

Anyone used this turbo before?
Stock location
2.4 inch inlet
7cm or 8cm exhaust housing
Td06sl2 exhaust housing so smaller than a full sized td06 I believe
This would certainly out perform a td05 20g right?

What kind of power could I see on a full bolt-on forged internal 2.1 stroker ej205 with 91 octane + methanol injection. Somewhere between 20-25 psi. And how laggy would be about 4k rpm?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WontonNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:30 AM   #2
silversurfer05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 366241
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: broward county, Florida
Vehicle:
2009 09 wrx delivery
Dgm

Default

No. Please look at the garrett variations or any reputable brand. That brand is cheap china **** that wont last 6 months. Look at a 3076 or fp blue. Both good brands and not too expensive.
silversurfer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:37 AM   #3
CursezZz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 414974
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Vehicle:
2006 Subaru WRX STi
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer05 View Post
No. Please look at the garrett variations or any reputable brand. That brand is cheap china **** that wont last 6 months. Look at a 3076 or fp blue. Both good brands and not too expensive.
you're completely incorrect..... its a taiwan based company and a 3076 is not even semi close to a 20g OP is looking at, you seem like the type of fella to buy a junk turbo like a Blouch
CursezZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:39 AM   #4
CursezZz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 414974
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Vehicle:
2006 Subaru WRX STi
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WontonNoodle View Post
Anyone used this turbo before?
Stock location
2.4 inch inlet
7cm or 8cm exhaust housing
Td06sl2 exhaust housing so smaller than a full sized td06 I believe
This would certainly out perform a td05 20g right?

What kind of power could I see on a full bolt-on forged internal 2.1 stroker ej205 with 91 octane + methanol injection. Somewhere between 20-25 psi. And how laggy would be about 4k rpm?
they are really good turbos for the money they're a Taiwan brand not china like the other poster had stated. myself and about 4 or more friends have used Arashi turbos of varying sizes and all perform extremely well. i wouldnt hesitate to buy one again if i was in need of a small turbo.
CursezZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:03 PM   #5
subaru_gc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 29292
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County CA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX wagon
silver

Default

dont get the 7 cm get as big of a hot side as you can
subaru_gc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:00 PM   #6
silversurfer05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 366241
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: broward county, Florida
Vehicle:
2009 09 wrx delivery
Dgm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursezZz View Post
you're completely incorrect..... its a taiwan based company and a 3076 is not even semi close to a 20g OP is looking at, you seem like the type of fella to buy a junk turbo like a Blouch
Whoaaaaa there thats uncalled for, Id never touch a blouch lol. I saw gtx3071 and assumed it was comparable in size to what garrett offers 3071 3076ect. Never heard of them lasting long either
silversurfer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.