Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 22, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
FXT_Jon
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 452815
Default 2011-2014 STI HKS Hipermax IV GT Coil Over

I just got done installing these over the weekend and it was a very straight forward process. Very simple to replace instruction are clear and easy to follow. I left the set up complete as it came out of the box so I could see how my ride would change. Spring rate on these are 8k front and 6k rear, drop rate is 1.1" drop on the front and a 1.3" drop on the rear. It does have a 30 adjustable damper setting that is set 16 clicks to the softer side. If you can get the car up on 4 jack stands to make the job of putting the car back on the ground easier. All hardware is provided in the box and did not have to modify what I was provided or the car at all. After I got the car back on the ground I did measure and the front does sit a little lower then the rear does so I will need to adjust that. I took the car out for a 30 mile drive after the install and hit everything I could possibly hit. I went through a road under construction, potholes, railroad tracks, and normal bumps in the road. I did not change how I drove when i came up to these hazards as I wanted to see how it would perform compared to the stock set up. I was pleasantly surprised at the ride quality. It felt as good as stock in terms of smoothness. There was no harshness to my ride. The car did not bottom out and there was no rubbing. Next I took the car out on a twisty and had a lot of fun. The car was able to go around the corners much faster then before. I fell stuck to the road and just with this mod I did notice less body roll. This is the only suspension mod I have on the car right now. Only tip i have is make sure you read all of the instructions before starting the steps so you know in which order to remove the rear suspension bolts.

Overall I give this set up a 10/10

Link to product.
http://www.hksusa.com/80230-af001-hi...-gt-coilovers/
FXT_Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2018, 11:48 PM   #2
Boosted Life
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 384030
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
WRB

Since some time has passed, how do they feel and have you had any problems? My only question or concern about these is why they don't have adjustable camber plates on the fronts.
Boosted Life is offline   Reply With Quote