Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 25, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor Storefront Forums > Perrin Performance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-13-2017, 06:43 PM   #1
PERRIN_Thomas
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 423601
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
LBP

Default New! PERRIN Turbo Inlet Hose for 2015+WRX

The PERRIN Turbo Inlet Hose for the 2015-2018 WRX will increase airflow to the engine which increases horsepower while adding a touch of color and style to your engine bay.

Go to PERRIN.COM to check it out!

The OEM turbo inlet hose is smaller than the inlet of the turbo, causing and unnecessary restriction for the turbo's intake. The CNC machined flange of the PERRIN inlet hose has abuilt-in velocity stack that perfectly matches the turbo's inlet, allowing for a smother and unrestricted air flow to the turbo.

https://www.perrin.com/images/produc...gif_02x800.gif

Pm me for your NASIOC discount!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PERRIN_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
PERRIN_Thomas
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2016 WRX
LBP

Here is a link to the instructions

Commen Questions :

Does the PERRIN turbo inlet hose work with after-market intakes
?
Answer : Yes! If the intake doesn't stop at the frame rail like the OEM one or the PERRIN one, you will have to cut the inlet hose to fit. Don't be afraid this is super easy! just mark it where the proper length needs to be, then get a new sharp X-Acto blade use a hose clamp as a guide should cut like butter.

How do I hook up my after-market boost controller?

Answer : The turbo inlet comes with a elbow that should hook right up to your EBCS. Now if you think that mounting won't be sturdy you can mount to the turbo flange bolt, some company's provide a bracket to bolt it up there. Here is the instruction to our EBCS where we say to mount it, this should give you a better idea where to mount it. But either way will work just fine, this is up to you.

Does the PERRIN turbo inlet require a tune or is it needed?
Answer : No! the inlet hose is after the MAF, it does not change the air fuel ratios enough to harm the car, these are MAF sensor base cars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PERRIN_Thomas; 12-29-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:49 AM   #3
ruhohshaggy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 426218
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
DGM

just did the install and lemme tell you it was a PITA. the 90 degree elbow they include for the OEM EBCS doesn't fit the grimmspeed ebcs that 90% of us have, so you'll need an adapter. GET THIS BEFORE YOU START THE INSTALL. i had to Uber it first to home depot and then to lowes because my car was dead in the water (middle of install) to find the right damn part. i ended up wasting $35 on uber rides... not cool.

in the end, i coudlnt even find a 90degree that fit perfectly so i had to settle for a straight brass barb that kinks my hose. seriously, how much extra is it to include the proper nozzle, like 50 cents? i even tried the included barb on the OEM hose, it didn't fit right --barb was way too big.

lastly, the grimmspeed "adapter" that i paid $10 for doesn't fit the turbo flange bolt. fitment is impossible because of where the hole is. a perrin rep insisted that it would work but it does NOT by any stretch of the imagination. so $40 down the drain and a bunch of wasted time. i ended up ziptie-ing my ebcs on the inlet which is dicey.
ruhohshaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #4
PERRIN_Thomas
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2016 WRX
LBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhohshaggy View Post
just did the install and lemme tell you it was a PITA. the 90 degree elbow they include for the OEM EBCS doesn't fit the grimmspeed ebcs that 90% of us have, so you'll need an adapter. GET THIS BEFORE YOU START THE INSTALL. i had to Uber it first to home depot and then to lowes because my car was dead in the water (middle of install) to find the right damn part. i ended up wasting $35 on uber rides... not cool.

in the end, i coudlnt even find a 90degree that fit perfectly so i had to settle for a straight brass barb that kinks my hose. seriously, how much extra is it to include the proper nozzle, like 50 cents? i even tried the included barb on the OEM hose, it didn't fit right --barb was way too big.

lastly, the grimmspeed "adapter" that i paid $10 for doesn't fit the turbo flange bolt. fitment is impossible because of where the hole is. a perrin rep insisted that it would work but it does NOT by any stretch of the imagination. so $40 down the drain and a bunch of wasted time. i ended up ziptie-ing my ebcs on the inlet which is dicey.
Sorry you had such a hard time with the install ☹ There are several! ways to install the GS EBCS and our Inlet hose and we leave this up to our customers.
We do provide a 3/8” 90 degree fitting to use with after market EBCS, we state in the bottom of the instructions additionally mounting hardware and vacuum lines may be needed with after-market EBCS.

Again I’m sorry you had such a hard time we’ve had a lot! of customers run this set-up without any issues.

Now for the bracket again you can mount the EBCS anywhere you would like and we’ve also seen other customer install it on the flange but really you mount the EBCS any where the lines reach, one of our cars here we have the EBCS mounted on top of the motor so you can see it 😊

Old 04-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
ruhohshaggy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 426218
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_Thomas View Post
Sorry you had such a hard time with the install ☹ There are several! ways to install the GS EBCS and our Inlet hose and we leave this up to our customers.
We do provide a 3/8” 90 degree fitting to use with after market EBCS, we state in the bottom of the instructions additionally mounting hardware and vacuum lines may be needed with after-market EBCS.

Again I’m sorry you had such a hard time we’ve had a lot! of customers run this set-up without any issues.

Now for the bracket again you can mount the EBCS anywhere you would like and we’ve also seen other customer install it on the flange but really you mount the EBCS any where the lines reach, one of our cars here we have the EBCS mounted on top of the motor so you can see it ��

The 3/8ths elbow doesn't fit the GS nor the OEM hose so not sure why you included that. As for your specific recommendation of contacting GS, buying their bracket, and GUARANTEEING me it would mount on the flange were all incorrect. Yet you still refuse to take responsibility. Thanks Thomas.
ruhohshaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
PERRIN_Thomas
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2016 WRX
LBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhohshaggy View Post
The 3/8ths elbow doesn't fit the GS nor the OEM hose so not sure why you included that. As for your specific recommendation of contacting GS, buying their bracket, and GUARANTEEING me it would mount on the flange were all incorrect. Yet you still refuse to take responsibility. Thanks Thomas.
I'm sorry we base this install off of other customers and how they have done it, I wasn't trying to be misleading in any way, like i was saying a lot of customer have done this exact set up.
Yes the 3/8" does not fit directly to the GS EBCS, but that's why we state in the instruction other hardware and lines may be needed.

To move forward we will defiantly take your issue you had and look into providing the exact fitting, for easier installs!

Last edited by PERRIN_Thomas; 04-25-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:55 PM   #7
greygonzalez
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 461647
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
ISM

Default Adapter for GS EBCS

Hey Thomas, do you have an adapter that fits the GS EBCS? I couldn’t find any info on it and considering buying this. I am trying to plan ahead and want to make sure I have everything I need.

Thanks for the help!
greygonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:54 PM   #8
PERRIN_Thomas
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2016 WRX
LBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygonzalez View Post
Hey Thomas, do you have an adapter that fits the GS EBCS? I couldn’t find any info on it and considering buying this. I am trying to plan ahead and want to make sure I have everything I need.

Thanks for the help!
Sorry we don't have an adapter, but we can get you the fitting and or you might need this bracket from GS you can mount it anywhere there is a bolt hole or just use the fitting we provide and zip tie the EBCS up

https://www.perrin.com/images/main/G...CS-bracket.png
Attached Images
File Type: png Grimmspeed EBCS braket.png (166.6 KB, 7 views)

Old 05-23-2018, 06:57 AM   #9
greygonzalez
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 WRX
ISM

Hey Thomas, thank you for the help. Maybe I am confused... what is needed to make this fit? I can go to the local parts store here if I can figure it out. Looking at the picture is it the connection from the ebcs to the hose or is it the bracket?

Old 05-23-2018, 06:59 AM   #10
greygonzalez
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 WRX
ISM

Sorry about the confusion.... is it the bracket circled in green or the port circled in red?
Old 05-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #11
PERRIN_Thomas
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2016 WRX
LBP

GS sells their EBCS a few different ways do you already have this installed on your OEM inlet hose? If so then it will have this triangle adapter that you would plugged directly into the PERRIN inlet and zip tie it up/ held up by zip ties.
We have had a lot of customers do it this way, you can see in this customers picture how they just zip tied the EBCS up.

If you don't have the GS EBCS then I would recommend buying the universal FA one, the one I attached in the original picture that comes with the bracket and not the triangle adapter. Or you can get this bracket from GS and get rid of the triangle adapter, but you will need another fitting that you can get from us or any hardware store. This way will provide you more of a solid mount

There are several ways to install these two parts together,really you can install it anyway that works best for you and mount it anywhere the lines will reach.
So you really will only need more vacuum lines, if you want to install it with the triangle adapter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cut turbo inlet 1.jpg (46.2 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by PERRIN_Thomas; 05-23-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:48 PM   #12
greygonzalez
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 WRX
ISM

I appreciate the help! Will be saving up for this. Thank you for addressing my concerns
Old 05-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #13
greygonzalez
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 WRX
ISM

Actually found this as well. Just bent the bracket slightly and was able to get it to work.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #14
PERRIN_Thomas
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2016 WRX
LBP

Yep that will work! you're welcome,
email me if you have any more questions or concerns.
[email protected]