Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 14, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2018, 09:13 PM   #701
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXROA View Post
Nice !! Send me a PM whenever you want to get rid of this set.

Haha will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lover1 View Post
I don't know how the other Michelins are compared to the MPSS that I have, but mine rubbed in the rear when I had the RCE Yellows installed. Same exact wheels as your previous setup, with MPSS 265/35/18. It rubbed right on the bumper tab where it meet the fender, so I went back to stock springs.



Anywho, I actually never realized you had Fortune Autos for your coilovers until I went over your thread from the beginning again! My 500s came in this week too...got the black color like you, along with swift upgrade and radial bearings. Only thing different was I added the spring locking perch and have 8k front and 9k rear.



For one who has never installed coilovers before, you have any tips for a noob?



Also, how long did you drive before getting an alignment?

Mich PSSís run very wide. Their 265 is basically a 275 on most other brands. I had 265 PSSís on my nt03ís on the Wrx. Rubbed a lot with those until I got a roll.

Haha yep been running the fortune autos for a while now. I went with the 7k springs front and rear due to daily driving. Iím happy I went with this setup as it is the perfect amount of performance and comfort.

Installing coils is pretty straight forward. My only advice is make sure to release the parking brake when you are doing the rears. It allows for the control arms to drop totally to get the stock suspension out. Youíll have a hard time if you donít.

I have always gone by the 2 week or 500 mike rule before I get alignments. It allows the suspension to settle fully. But make all the tweaks before and make sure itís at the height you want it before getting an alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeknows View Post
what about the firehawk indy 500? they are known as the baby re71r's, would be a good option as well

I am going for all seasons again. I prefer having 1 so it all set so I donít have to worry about changing during the different seasons.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:39 PM   #702
M3lover1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440553
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STI Base
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Haha will do




Mich PSSís run very wide. Their 265 is basically a 275 on most other brands. I had 265 PSSís on my nt03ís on the Wrx. Rubbed a lot with those until I got a roll.

Haha yep been running the fortune autos for a while now. I went with the 7k springs front and rear due to daily driving. Iím happy I went with this setup as it is the perfect amount of performance and comfort.

Installing coils is pretty straight forward. My only advice is make sure to release the parking brake when you are doing the rears. It allows for the control arms to drop totally to get the stock suspension out. Youíll have a hard time if you donít.

I have always gone by the 2 week or 500 mike rule before I get alignments. It allows the suspension to settle fully. But make all the tweaks before and make sure itís at the height you want it before getting an alignment.




I am going for all seasons again. I prefer having 1 so it all set so I donít have to worry about changing during the different seasons.
Yea that's what I worry about, in that I get it aligned and I end up having to adjust the height, and get it aligned a second time. The main worry I have at not getting the alignment right after is shredding my tires due to incorrect toe/camber/etc.

When you did the fronts, did you adjust the settings on camber plate or just installed as is? For he rears, did you remove the LCA completely? I am thinking of removing all bolts of the LCA except for the outermost that connects it to the wheel hub/outer subframe.
M3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #703
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lover1 View Post
Yea that's what I worry about, in that I get it aligned and I end up having to adjust the height, and get it aligned a second time. The main worry I have at not getting the alignment right after is shredding my tires due to incorrect toe/camber/etc.



When you did the fronts, did you adjust the settings on camber plate or just installed as is? For he rears, did you remove the LCA completely? I am thinking of removing all bolts of the LCA except for the outermost that connects it to the wheel hub/outer subframe.


Toe is what kills tires quickly. Camber wonít right away. Just make sure you adjust to where you want it.

I installed as is and then made height, camber, and damping adjustments to where I wanted and needed it. Itís impossible to adjust everything before you put in since you donít know where the car is going to sit until you lower it for the first time.

Nope not needed. Only bolts I remove are the suspension bolt to the lca and the end link bolt. No need to remove the whole lca. Creating more work for yourself.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #704
M3lover1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440553
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STI Base
WRB

Default

Thanks Chris for your help!
M3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:13 AM   #705
M3lover1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440553
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STI Base
WRB

Default

Hey Chris, sorry couple more questions. I know you have to set preload for the fronts, but did you have to do it in the rears as well? Also, did you apply and silicone lubricant or anti seize to the threads?

Thanks man!
M3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:40 AM   #706
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lover1 View Post
Hey Chris, sorry couple more questions. I know you have to set preload for the fronts, but did you have to do it in the rears as well? Also, did you apply and silicone lubricant or anti seize to the threads?

Thanks man!


Yes you have to set preload to all 4 corners.

I personally did not, but it definitely recommended to do so. I have always been hesitant to add anti seize to coilovers threads since I am afraid it will do the opposite and wonít let me tighten the collars down appropriately which gives them a better opportunity to loosen and move from that setting. I am pretty sure that is just a theory in my own head though haha.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:03 AM   #707
M3lover1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440553
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STI Base
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Yes you have to set preload to all 4 corners.

I personally did not, but it definitely recommended to do so. I have always been hesitant to add anti seize to coilovers threads since I am afraid it will do the opposite and wonít let me tighten the collars down appropriately which gives them a better opportunity to loosen and move from that setting. I am pretty sure that is just a theory in my own head though haha.
Got it. Mine are snug out of the box, and measures 6.5in. I thought it was supposed to be 7in springs. So should I loosen the locking spring perch then, and measure the uncompressed spring?

Sorry for the noob questions...
M3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:07 AM   #708
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default Scoobyfreak86 2017 Lapis Blue Pearl STI Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lover1 View Post
Got it. Mine are snug out of the box, and measures 6.5in. I thought it was supposed to be 7in springs. So should I loosen the locking spring perch then, and measure the uncompressed spring?



Sorry for the noob questions...


Sounds like they came preloaded. It should only be about 1/4Ē compressed. So a 7Ē spring should be 6 3/4Ē.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:12 AM   #709
M3lover1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440553
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STI Base
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Sounds like they came preloaded. It should only be about 1/4Ē compressed. So a 7Ē spring should be 6 3/4Ē.
That's what I thought. And Geoff told me that Fortune doesn't preload them, even with him asking Fortune to do so for years. I'll measure the other side and see if the length is the same tomorrow. But i think i'll still uncompress it and get it to 6 3/4". You have radial bearings on yours too right?
M3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:19 AM   #710
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lover1 View Post
That's what I thought. And Geoff told me that Fortune doesn't preload them, even with him asking Fortune to do so for years. I'll measure the other side and see if the length is the same tomorrow. But i think i'll still uncompress it and get it to 6 3/4". You have radial bearings on yours too right?


Yes I have the radial bearings as well
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:39 AM   #711
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Installed the ijdmtoy led f1 light tonight. Unfortunately, it looks like I got a bad light and 2 of the 4 rows are out. Wiring seemed pretty straight forward, so I donít think that is the issue. I guess thatís why itís only 70 bucks and all the other ones are 100+. Sent them an email of my issue. Hopefully they can help me out or refund me so I can get one that is going to work properly.

ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:11 AM   #712
M3lover1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440553
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STI Base
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Installed the ijdmtoy led f1 light tonight. Unfortunately, it looks like I got a bad light and 2 of the 4 rows are out. Wiring seemed pretty straight forward, so I donít think that is the issue. I guess thatís why itís only 70 bucks and all the other ones are 100+. Sent them an email of my issue. Hopefully they can help me out or refund me so I can get one that is going to work properly.

Good luck with it! The F1 led light makes the rear end so much nicer!
M3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #713
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lover1 View Post
Good luck with it! The F1 led light makes the rear end so much nicer!
Hopefully their customer service takes care of me. I don't see why they wouldn't, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, I love the look of the F1 light. Hoping to get it situated so I can have it working and move to doing the speakers.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #714
Obviously Tyler
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395955
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bucks County, PA
Vehicle:
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2018 Crosstrek

Default

Regarding the tires, I believe even that A/S Pilot tires run pretty wide compared to others. Just seems to be a trait of Michelin's.
Obviously Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #715
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default Scoobyfreak86 2017 Lapis Blue Pearl STI Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obviously Tyler View Post
Regarding the tires, I believe even that A/S Pilot tires run pretty wide compared to others. Just seems to be a trait of Michelin's.


I ran them on my SBC nt03's and gramlight 57xtremes in 265 and they were slightly stretched compared to anything else I ran.



Most likely going to get another set of DWS06's since I've been so happy with them. Good in all weather.



ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #716
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Decided to go with the Michelin AS3's this time around. With the added 3mm offset, some slight stretch to the tire will work to my advantage. A bit more expensive, but decided to go with a tire that has a bit better performance in the dry. It won't have the DWS06 snow performance, but considering the amount of snow driving I did this winter, I will be able to get by just fine with the Michelin's. Not to much we now have the outback that I can take on days I want to keep the STI garaged.

Snapped some final pics of the Gramlights on the car. I always find it funny how whatever it is you end up selling looks better than ever. These snaps makes me want to hang onto them haha.





ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #717
Obviously Tyler
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395955
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bucks County, PA
Vehicle:
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2018 Crosstrek

Default

Just wait til the Enkeis go on.
Obviously Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #718
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obviously Tyler View Post
Just wait til the Enkeis go on.
Haha yeah I know. It happens to me all the time. I sell something then whatever it is looks, sounds, or feels better than it has ever been. Then usually I put whatever new on the car and all those thoughts go away. Hoping the Enkei's are what I am after though. I am definitely looking forward to the color change the most.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #719
Shipman
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 312847
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
2008 Legacy/2003 Forester

Default

The new wheels will definitely have a nicer contrast to them. I like that color better than the super dark black.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #720
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
The new wheels will definitely have a nicer contrast to them. I like that color better than the super dark black.
Yeah the car is in desperate need of contrast. When I get the windows done, the black wheels would wash the car out. Something a bit lighter on the wheels ties it together better with tint. Without tint, I prefer the look of black or very dark wheels.

I tend to do the same progression with wheels on all my cars. Go right to black and then eventually start to make my way to lighter and gunmetal wheels. Not sure why, but I always do that haha.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #721
Shipman
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 312847
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
2008 Legacy/2003 Forester

Default

I've never been a fan of dark wheels at all but you always do it well so I wind up liking it. If I had it my way they would be alloy or light gunmetal but these new wheels are going to look awesome.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #722
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
I've never been a fan of dark wheels at all but you always do it well so I wind up liking it. If I had it my way they would be alloy or light gunmetal but these new wheels are going to look awesome.
I appreciate that. Hopefully these turn out just as or nicer than my current setup.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:48 PM   #723
M3lover1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440553
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STI Base
WRB

Default

What percentage tint you going to do? And both front and rear windows?
M3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #724
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lover1 View Post
What percentage tint you going to do? And both front and rear windows?
I do 35% on my cars. Good mix between dark and light. Depending on what brand I go with, I may even go a tad lighter. Yes front and rear (no windshield).
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:22 AM   #725
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Iím giddy.



ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.