Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
vaux
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 457546
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
White

Default Impreza Limited headlight part installed into other trims?

Was curious if anyone could confirm (specifically those who work at Subaru) if it's even remotely possible to purchase the headlight/headlamp complete housing from the Limited trim of the 2017 Impreza and install it into the Sport trim (or any of the others).

Based on the body, it appears they are identical, but I'm sure the wiring is an issue.

Does anyone think this will be a slight possibility to be done?

Last edited by vaux; 03-10-2017 at 06:25 PM.
vaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2017, 08:37 PM   #2
drpoop
*** Banned ***

Member#: 421858
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza

Why and how are you planning to do this exactly?

It's important to know because you're not going to find used headlights anywhere for the 2017s yet, or any time soon. So your option is to buy them from Subaru or one of the parts stores, in which case they're going to be stupidly expensive.

There might be much better and cheaper methods of doing whatever you're trying to get here.
drpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #3
BraBear
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463540
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Blue

I'm interested in this as well. I like the look of the led low beams better than halogens. I believe the limited led lights follow the tires when turning. Not sure how it's controlled but sounds like it could be a problem
BraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #4
steve3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 174055
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Sport
Silver

Cheaper just to do a retrofit. Buying headlamp assemblies from the dealership are extremely expensive.
steve3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:28 AM   #5
drpoop
*** Banned ***

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve3 View Post
Cheaper just to do a retrofit. Buying headlamp assemblies from the dealership are extremely expensive.
^^^^^
Old 03-11-2017, 07:09 AM   #6
vaux
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 457546
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpoop View Post
Why and how are you planning to do this exactly?

It's important to know because you're not going to find used headlights anywhere for the 2017s yet, or any time soon. So your option is to buy them from Subaru or one of the parts stores, in which case they're going to be stupidly expensive.

There might be much better and cheaper methods of doing whatever you're trying to get here.
I like the look, more specifically, I'm saddened that I don't have the boomerang look. I'm hoping parts come out soon and maybe that will give me the option to buy the lights, otherwise I suppose finding 3rd party will be next bet?
vaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:08 PM   #7
Cptxbig
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 380906
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2007 Legacy gt
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaux View Post
I like the look, more specifically, I'm saddened that I don't have the boomerang look. I'm hoping parts come out soon and maybe that will give me the option to buy the lights, otherwise I suppose finding 3rd party will be next bet?

I agree I love the limited lights and want them and like the leds in the foglight spot but wish they were dogs and not drls
Cptxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #8
Built2Drive
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 372601
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
CWP

I'm hoping to find out. I believe the lights retail for around $1600 for a pair. I have a feeling they are tied in other modules and won't have the same wiring. The LED lights are steering responsive so they may require a different clock spring or steering column module. Also they can have high beam assist with eyesite (which I have) so that may require wiring or module or simply coding. I was pissed I couldn't get a Sport with these but Canada can. I pondered getting a Limited but hate leather and chrome.
Built2Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #9
Cptxbig
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Legacy gt
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built2Drive View Post
I'm hoping to find out. I believe the lights retail for around $1600 for a pair. I have a feeling they are tied in other modules and won't have the same wiring. The LED lights are steering responsive so they may require a different clock spring or steering column module. Also they can have high beam assist with eyesite (which I have) so that may require wiring or module or simply coding. I was pissed I couldn't get a Sport with these but Canada can. I pondered getting a Limited but hate leather and chrome.

Seriously everywhere els always get the better car
Old 03-18-2017, 12:17 PM   #10
drpoop
*** Banned ***

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza

What an eloquent post, cptx.

Canada pays significantly more for the same car than we do. They deserve better stuff.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #11
steve3
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Sport
Silver

Quote:

Canada pays significantly more for the same car than we do. They deserve better stuff.

Haha don't insert logic into this discussion.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:35 PM   #12
steve3
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Sport
Silver

I drove a loaner car with the steering responsive lights I found it rather annoying as it seemed like one of the fogs shut off as you turn. I should have taken some video with my GoPro it did not seem well developed.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #13
drpoop
*** Banned ***

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza

Audi's implementation is a lot better. At least on their higher end models, when you turn the wheel at lower speeds or turn on the turn signal, it illuminates another headlight bulb aiming to the side. But that's what you get for paying $60k+ for a car.

In any case though, I never found them to be necessary or even something I'd necessarily want other than for bragging rights if I had money to blow.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:32 AM   #14
Cptxbig
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Legacy gt
Silver

Default Impreza Limited headlight part installed into other trims?

Quote:

I never looked at Canadian car prices so I wouldn't know I was just saying as a general statement we always get the lower end for the good parts whether it be Canada Japan Europe not talking about prices by any means
Old 03-22-2017, 08:31 PM   #15
88horizon5speed
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 442868
Vehicle:
2016 Impreza 5D CVT
Ice Silver

I'm assuming by reading this thread that on the 2017s there are some led headlights and some which are incandescent similar to the previous generation?
88horizon5speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:44 AM   #16
Cptxbig
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Legacy gt
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horizon5speed View Post
I'm assuming by reading this thread that on the 2017s there are some led headlights and some which are incandescent similar to the previous generation?

Yes the base premium and sport come with halogen housings and the limited comes with led projector housings