Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday November 18, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #26
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 350518
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Not much done to the car lately, had to throw in a new axle in the rear and a new brake line.

Currently the car doesn't have a steering rack in it since I went to change it out, but the hard lines on the rack are so rusted that they'll need to be replaced with it.

TWDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2018, 11:15 PM   #27
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Swapped the nasty corroded rack out of the car since it had been leaking.
Ran into some issues since I forgot the lines on the rack do not come with a new rack and mine were unusable. After ten days managed to get them in from a subaru dealership

Next I finally got around to aligning the car, which for this I bought a at home alignment kit.

and a step by step video and review of the kit that I used if anyone is curious.

I've done the string with tape-measure method in the past and it's always a pain, but this kit was really easy and will pay for itself after three alignments. I'm going to find out how close I got it too, with an alignment check on Monday.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:04 PM   #28
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Got an alignment check done
The specs I set with the kit

FR Camber -2.6 Caster 2.8 Toe out 1/32nd
FL Camber -2.6 Caster 3.2 Toe out 1/32nd

Total front Toe 1/16th of an inch out

RR Camber -1.5 Toe 0

LR Camber -1.4 Toe 0

Actual specs

FR Camber -2.7 Caster 2.8 Toe out 0

FL Camber -2.7 Caster 3.0 Toe out 0

Total front Toe 0

RR Camber -1.5

LR Camber -1.3
Rear toe 1/32nd in

I maxed out Camber in the rear and went a little bit too much in the front after playing with the ride height and it increasing the camber, but I'm just going to stay where it is.

After redoing the Toe when I got home I saw what I did wrong and just rushed my measurements and corrected it. I may get another check just to make sure I'm good now, but it got me closer than some alignment shops have in the past.

Not too bad seeing as I could have had it right on if I had taken a few more measurements.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #29
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Installed my OMP Steering wheel and NRG quick release that I got from rally.build. I love the feel of the wheel, really changes driving the car. It's a little small for how slow the rack is on the car but that'll be fixed once I get around to doing the column quickener.

also got some "cheap" gravel tires from zestino to mount on the Method wheels and test fit them on the car and I threw on some Rally Armor mud flaps I had sitting in my garage for the past year or so from my STi

Old 08-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #30
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Here's the install of the OMP wheel and hub

Unfortunately the Rallycross I've been planning on going to tomorrow was canceled, so I rushed a bunch of stuff and prep to get it ready for no reason.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:52 AM   #31
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Since I had some free time from the RallyX being canceled I installed a sequential shift light I bought awhile back.. because if I have all the cool stuff then I'll get fast just like the Pros ..

Anyway It's more for the safety of the engine and shift a little earlier so I don't overspin the engine, since the revlimit is 8250 on this thing.
If anyone wants to get one of these,
it took awhile to show up, since it came from the UK, but was a lot cheaper than anything I could find in the states
Old 08-28-2018, 09:54 AM   #32
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Finally got to RallyCross the car since the swap. The event was around four hours away and was a very slow and tight course.
I really have to relearn the car since it is completely different and I can't drive it worth a crap, but it was still a blast.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #33
danscomp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 305358

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWDP View Post
https://youtu.be/CJRzeCNfbvU

Since I had some free time from the RallyX being canceled I installed a sequential shift light I bought awhile back.. because if I have all the cool stuff then I'll get fast just like the Pros ..

More info about the shift light please....Specifically wiring
danscomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:00 PM   #34
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

In this video I did the install and went into depth on what the light required.
It is a very easy install with just hot, ground, and tach signal.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:19 PM   #35
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Got around to putting a new timing belt on the EJ207. It was the original belt.. so close to 20 years old though only around 55k miles on it.

then I went and picked up this thing..

It was getting pretty old driving to work with no A/C in my "race" car since the RS was my daily before the swap.
It's just an 07 2.5I base Impreza, but it's great on a commute.

Though my driveway is starting to look like a crappy used car dealership

Old 09-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #36
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Had some time to start working on the Quick Steering column a couple of weeks ago and finally got it done after finding time with the storm.

Here's the video on how I made it and the before and after on how it drives.

Here's how it started with the spare column I got from a junk yard and the Howe pieces to integrate it into the column.

Then came the column disassembly, separating the other portion from the inner steering shaft and then figuring out where to weld it in.

I shortened the spline couplers so it would fit in the lower round portion of the steering shaft. Mounting it here allows the column to still be able to collapse 6-8 inches, if it needs to.

I just went around tacking it into place, making sure there wasn't any binding issues before fully welding.

Then needed to section the outer portion for the quickener.

And then just bent a section of 1/8" plate and notched it to fit around the column, to serve as a mount.

Excuse those really terribly drilled holes in the mount lol...

Then used masking tape so the outer portion fit snuggly around the quickener.

and put it all back together.

The rack from 16.5:1 to around 11.5:1 or from 3.7 turns lock to lock to 2.2 turns from lock to lock.

It didn't seem to noticeably increase the steering effort and the pump keeps up just fine so far.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #37
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Stripping of the RS has begun.. and now all the fun of removing sound deadening.

Since the AutoX was canceled I'm going to have some fun with the car tomorrow as a last Hurrah with the turbo motor.. before I pull it into my Garage for probably the next year of it being down haha.

Side note: if anyone needs interior pieces for an RS mine are in good condition and would prefer they go to good use rather than just sitting in my attic
Old 10-16-2018, 08:26 PM   #38
TWDP
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

I haven't had much time in the last couple of weeks to work on the car due to work but I've managed to strip all the interior, the engine/trans, and removed all the sound deadening.

I didn't get many pictures of it all but if you want to follow along the videos are up on my channel.