Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 8, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer....?
Artistic Weld Bead 21 60.00%
Plain 14 40.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2016, 07:36 AM   #51
ahughes
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 396349
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Hendersonville Tennessee
Vehicle:
2015 wrx
Ice silver metallic

Default

When will these be available for purchase? Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ahughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:47 AM   #52
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

They are on the website. We have one remaining from the first batch in stock. Another week, we'll have more ready.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #53
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Just got a big batch of PC Pulley Covers finished, weld art is made to order and there are no two that are alike
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #54
Kickinbeatz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 497677
Join Date: Feb 2019
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Groton CT
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

Subscribed...Will be using this once I find a spare/scrapped OEM engine cover to try and experiment with.

I just got a free Killer B pulley shroud from Wicked Big Meet yesterday!! Thanks again guys, that was an awesome event even when it downpoured and cleared the place out.
Kickinbeatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #55
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Question

We discontinued these pulley covers. We gave away the remaining stock. After the giveaway we starting getting requests for the pulley covers.

Should we bring these back???
What would you pay???



Nick

Last edited by KillerBMotorsport; 09-23-2019 at 03:11 PM.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #56
noobultimatum
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 431550
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
ALL THE STAGES

Default

Clean set up since mine are naked... for a piece of metal essentially... id pay 30 bucks if i really wanted to cover the pulley/belts.
noobultimatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:49 PM   #57
standardtranny
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 450713
Join Date: Jul 2016
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Super bowl LII champs
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Stage 3ish
world rally blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobultimatum View Post
Clean set up since mine are naked... for a piece of metal essentially... id pay 30 bucks if i really wanted to cover the pulley/belts.
Yea $30-$35 probably
standardtranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #58
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobultimatum View Post
Clean set up since mine are naked... for a piece of metal essentially... id pay 30 bucks if i really wanted to cover the pulley/belts.
I believe most of our competitors are having theirs made overseas. All Killer B products are made in the US. Because of this our costs are higher, but we feel the quality is at a minimum more consistent.

Is "Made in the USA" worth an extra $10?

Last edited by KillerBMotorsport; 09-23-2019 at 06:41 PM.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #59
noobultimatum
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 431550
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
ALL THE STAGES

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
I believe most of our competitors are having theirs made overseas. All Killer B products are made in the US. Because of this our costs are higher, but we feel the quality is at a minimum more consistent.

Is "Is made in the USA" worth an extra $10?
As a proud American... Hell yea brother
noobultimatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:47 PM   #60
CMoses
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 506784
Join Date: Sep 2019
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
Red

Default

Black would be pretty awesome.
CMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:02 AM   #61
Matrex15
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 473848
Join Date: Sep 2017
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Victoria British Columbia Cana
Vehicle:
2015 Wrx
White

Default

Group buy would be pretty awesome.
Matrex15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:38 AM   #62
Malakai2k
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 455661
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

How do the PW ones break? It’s just a piece of folded metal with two bolts fastening it and no structural load on it. Are people leaning on them or something?
Malakai2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #63
noobultimatum
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 431550
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
ALL THE STAGES

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai2k View Post
How do the PW ones break? Itís just a piece of folded metal with two bolts fastening it and no structural load on it. Are people leaning on them or something?
Not sure about PW, but I have a grimmspeed one. The GS pulley cover has a bolt on the top that fastens to a bracket on the a/c compressor --- that piece snapped. Not the GS pulley cover, but the bracket it attaches to.
noobultimatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #64
bizzlezx10r
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 439586
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
ISM

Default

Would be more incline to buy if there were more colors like highlighter yellow.
bizzlezx10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:11 PM   #65
Fndragn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 470845
Join Date: Jul 2017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Iowa
Vehicle:
2011 Sti
DGM

Default

I love killer b products and use a lot of the , but some of them are priced rediculous. This is just a simple cover so I would expect pricing to reflect that, am I correct on that?
Fndragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:43 AM   #66
kevcpowe
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 488670
Join Date: Jul 2018
Default

Would love to see these come back!! Willing to pay $45-50 for plain, and $60-70ish for black powdercoated pulley cover's
kevcpowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:55 AM   #67
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai2k View Post
How do the PW ones break? Itís just a piece of folded metal with two bolts fastening it and no structural load on it. Are people leaning on them or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobultimatum View Post
Not sure about PW, but I have a grimmspeed one. The GS pulley cover has a bolt on the top that fastens to a bracket on the a/c compressor --- that piece snapped. Not the GS pulley cover, but the bracket it attaches to.
People do lean on them, but having spent a decent mount of time designing and testing these parts I can say for certain that the number one issue on those kinds of parts is vibration, not loading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzlezx10r View Post
Would be more incline to buy if there were more colors like highlighter yellow.
We're considering textured black and textured red also seems to be a popular color these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fndragn View Post
I love killer b products and use a lot of the , but some of them are priced rediculous. This is just a simple cover so I would expect pricing to reflect that, am I correct on that?
It is and isn't. As you can see from the above post, sometimes these parts can have issues. No one is perfect, but when you buy our product is has the warranty behind it in case. We also tend to use higher quality materials (US sourced only) as, higher quality grades, and even different materials altogether. This part is a perfect example, we make ours from 304 Stainless steel and I believe everyone else uses aluminum or carbon steel; both significantly less expensive than the stainless we use for this product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcpowe View Post
Would love to see these come back!! Willing to pay $45-50 for plain, and $60-70ish for black powdercoated pulley cover's
Thanks for the kind words! Textured black may be an option.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:35 AM   #68
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Bumping this for any additional feedback on colors; textured red or black, raw, or welded.

We are getting some good feedback. Enough to make some small sample batches?
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #69
15WRX1320
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480693
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
Bumping this for any additional feedback on colors; textured red or black, raw, or welded.

We are getting some good feedback. Enough to make some small sample batches?
Would love to have a textured black one to go with my twin scroll fury turbo kit!

Last edited by 15WRX1320; 10-29-2019 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Misspelling
15WRX1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #70
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15WRX1320 View Post
Would love to have a textured black one to go with my twin scroll fury turbo kit!
Textured black is on the short list.

What turbo are you running on that Twin Scroll Fury setup?
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:59 AM   #71
15WRX1320
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480693
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
Textured black is on the short list.

What turbo are you running on that Twin Scroll Fury setup?
GTX3076r Gen2
15WRX1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #72
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15WRX1320 View Post
GTX3076r Gen2
Not to be too OT here, but how do you like it? I've always preferred the 3576 and I don't know anyone else who is running a 3076 on this kit.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #73
15WRX1320
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480693
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
Not to be too OT here, but how do you like it? I've always preferred the 3576 and I don't know anyone else who is running a 3076 on this kit.
It was recommended by my tuner because I wanted a lower power-band for a daily driver. Itís not as low as I hoped for. It really doesnít start making power until 5000 but after that it runs strong.
15WRX1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #74
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15WRX1320 View Post
It was recommended by my tuner because I wanted a lower power-band for a daily driver. Itís not as low as I hoped for. It really doesnít start making power until 5000 but after that it runs strong.
That's about what I figure, but I've honestly never run one. We don't recommend that turbo for that reason. On the FA, you can get a little less power but WAY more of it with a 3071. The 3576 has the same response as the 3076, but makes WAY more power. I think some shops still recommend the 3076, based on experience when that was THE go-to STi turbo.

Here's the 3576 (I think Gen-1) on our 2015 WRX on a conservative (stock block) tune; I think it was 19psi on 93 pump.

KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:41 PM   #75
15WRX1320
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480693
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
That's about what I figure, but I've honestly never run one. We don't recommend that turbo for that reason. On the FA, you can get a little less power but WAY more of it with a 3071. The 3576 has the same response as the 3076, but makes WAY more power. I think some shops still recommend the 3076, based on experience when that was THE go-to STi turbo.

Here's the 3576 (I think Gen-1) on our 2015 WRX on a conservative (stock block) tune; I think it was 19psi on 93 pump.

Here's what the GTX3076r Gen2 looks like. 25psi on 91 pump and meth injection with 5 jets. Maxed out the MAF, going to get re-tuned with SD now that it's available. First time posting an image so hopefully it works.

https://imgur.com/8OjFdRA
https://imgur.com/8OjFdRA

Last edited by 15WRX1320; 11-01-2019 at 09:28 PM.
15WRX1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.