Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 9, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2019, 09:04 PM   #1226
gathermewool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 143624
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New England
Vehicle:
14 FXTT (hers)
15 Legacy 2.5i Prem (his)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlyearsley View Post
Detail with some pics of sunset


SOOOOOOO much neg camber! That looks good to you?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gathermewool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:26 PM   #1227
gtlyearsley
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 501308
Join Date: May 2019
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
19 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default What'd you do to your subie today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gathermewool View Post
SOOOOOOO much neg camber! That looks good to you?


How does -11 sound lol... I only post sh*# to get a rise from individuals

Funny so many on this forum bash people for their efforts and hard work and take pride to the rides they own, when it takes just as much effort to be nice and praise... no wonder why this forum is dying off

Last edited by gtlyearsley; 09-22-2019 at 09:32 PM.
gtlyearsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:26 PM   #1228
JazzminGrn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 505535
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default

2015 Impreza got a 3/4 saggy but rear spacer install. Subtle solutions. Looks great. No negative impact.
JazzminGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:58 PM   #1229
D-Rodman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110078
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Vehicle:
05 Saabaru JDM STi
Black Ver 7 VF48 6sp RA

Default What'd you do to your subie today?

Gave some love to our 210,000 mile 08 Outback 2.5i. Had a fast oil loss leak due to the oil pump seal. Fixed that, not so much fun having to dismantle the front end of the motor and have to deal with the timing belt in order o be able to replace the oil pump seal and the small o ring on the engine block. Next on the list is to fix the exhaust leak on the aftermarket exhaust manifold. The car has a Magnaflow exhaust manifold that came with two cheese ass flex pipe sections that leaked from day one.
D-Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:19 AM   #1230
Norm Peterson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 498642
Join Date: Mar 2019
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: our wrx IS the family sedan
Vehicle:
'19 WRX Limited 6MT
'08 Mustang GT (the toy)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlyearsley View Post
How does -11 sound lol... I only post sh*# to get a rise from individuals
What I see is a car that is overloaded to the point where the suspensions have collapsed.

Yeah, I understand that it's probably bagged (not a simple or inexpensive mod), but that doesn't change what it looks like to people not into bags or laying frame. Gotta have a really thick skin if you're going to play to shock value, I guess . . .


On edit, just about all forums seem to have quieted down over the last few weeks.


Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:33 PM   #1231
eld
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 506702
Join Date: Sep 2019
Default New member looking for wisdom

hi all. i am a brand new member, but have pilfered much information from the site over the past year. i have a 2006 outback xt limited turbo that i recently did an engine swap for a jdm ej20x. this is my first subaru.

i was wondering if someone could provide some wisdom to identify a engine harness plug? i guess i have to make the minimum posts in order to post photos. if someone can help me, i certainly am willing to compensate them for their time. thanks in advance.
eld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #1232
eld
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 506702
Join Date: Sep 2019
Default

One for the post count.
eld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:34 PM   #1233
eld
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 506702
Join Date: Sep 2019
Default

Two for the post count. Gift card for any takers? I can email or post photos. I basically need help identifying the grey 2 pin plug on the engine wiring harness. It is about middle of the engine and right near the brown plug that operates the engine. Thanks.
eld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:24 PM   #1234
Ishbu0062
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 375051
Join Date: Dec 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Greenwood, IN
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi
WRB

Default

Just stared at my car, imagining what parts I want but then realized the wife has to approve and she's not a car person.....
Ishbu0062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #1235
ilovedemhotrides
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326147
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

https://i.imgur.com/hue0Ks9.jpg


Painted my rims a custom gold metallic flake over black. The photos really don't do it justice, It changes between a black / gold depending on how the light hits it. I did this custom with gold metal flake over a black base coat, followed up with 3 coats of clear.
Not too shabby if I say so myself

Last edited by ilovedemhotrides; 09-24-2019 at 04:56 PM.
ilovedemhotrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #1236
08redWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186068
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: NC
Vehicle:
2019 STi
DGM

Default

Took the front bumper off to remove the red STi emblem. While taking the upper protector off, dropped in on my bumper causing a good 3" scratch deep enough to feel with my nail &^%&^%*&%&^%&^%(*&(*&w#) :furiou s:
08redWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:46 PM   #1237
gathermewool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 143624
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New England
Vehicle:
14 FXTT (hers)
15 Legacy 2.5i Prem (his)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlyearsley View Post
How does -11 sound lol... I only post sh*# to get a rise from individuals

Funny so many on this forum bash people for their efforts and hard work and take pride to the rides they own, when it takes just as much effort to be nice and praise... no wonder why this forum is dying off
If you only wanted positive responses, then you should have only shared that pic with your grandma. This is the interwebs, brother.

There's no practical benefit to -11* of camber and it looks like **** to me. There are obviously others, like you, who think it looks mad sweet.
gathermewool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:46 PM   #1238
jdm05
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 180155
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: washington
Vehicle:
05 Jdm Sti 2.0
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gathermewool View Post
If you only wanted positive responses, then you should have only shared that pic with your grandma. This is the interwebs, brother.

There's no practical benefit to -11* of camber and it looks like **** to me. There are obviously others, like you, who think it looks mad sweet.


Dang brother 🤙🏽 gave me a laugh and smile. The sti is waiting for some continue work on exhaust install need to locate some longer bolts and pic soon to follow.
jdm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:05 PM   #1239
gathermewool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 143624
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New England
Vehicle:
14 FXTT (hers)
15 Legacy 2.5i Prem (his)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedemhotrides View Post

Painted my rims a custom gold metallic flake over black. The photos really don't do it justice, It changes between a black / gold depending on how the light hits it. I did this custom with gold metal flake over a black base coat, followed up with 3 coats of clear.
Not too shabby if I say so myself
I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice. If it looks how I think it might look, then it's probably pretty spectacular! Well done and unique!
gathermewool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:42 PM   #1240
ilovedemhotrides
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326147
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gathermewool View Post
I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice. If it looks how I think it might look, then it's probably pretty spectacular! Well done and unique!
Thank you sir. Yeah the picture really doesn't. It doesn't look galdy, has a nice balance of the gold flake but the black basecoat evens it out. Lmk if you plan on doing a custom color if you need any help
ilovedemhotrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:38 AM   #1241
IAmKan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 506301
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza
Black

Default

Set my catalytic convertor on fire...
IAmKan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:12 PM   #1242
sayunkl
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302548
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Keystone State
Vehicle:
2019 STi
2018 High Country

Default

1,000 mile oil change and the dealer gave me this sweet dog toy lmao.

sayunkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:42 PM   #1243
08redWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186068
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: NC
Vehicle:
2019 STi
DGM

Default

I didn't do anything TO the subie but I did go and buy a 2 post Eagle 8500lb lift to put in my detached garage! Had a floor model at the local showroom and they are discontinuing the MTP-8.5F model to make just 9k lifts so it was the last one. Luckily got there at the right time as a guy tried to buy it the month prior and they wouldn't sell it. Got it for $900 less than buying new! Said it has only had one car on it for pictures and only lifted up and down to show customers. Looks brand new with a collection of dust and thats it! Just have to wait for their installer to come and take it apart so I can pick it up and install it. Will make putting in the downpipe (when I eventually do it) much easier!
08redWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:28 PM   #1244
Lone Wolf 75
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 2221
Join Date: Aug 2000
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: White Marsh, MD
Vehicle:
2018 Subaru WRX
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

I had a new windshield installed. Because I commute on the Maryland extension of the Third World Pan-American Highway (AKA the BW Parkway/295), my windshield was chipped on Monday. Over the past few days, I watched the small crack grow into a J-shape. This was despite my best efforts to park in the shade and minimize large temperature swings of the windshield surface. It wouldn't have mattered anyway since the chip was too close to the top edge of the windshield to be repaired.
Lone Wolf 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:09 AM   #1245
Norm Peterson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 498642
Join Date: Mar 2019
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: our wrx IS the family sedan
Vehicle:
'19 WRX Limited 6MT
'08 Mustang GT (the toy)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08redWRX View Post
I didn't do anything TO the subie but I did go and buy a 2 post Eagle 8500lb lift to put in my detached garage! Had a floor model at the local showroom and they are discontinuing the MTP-8.5F model to make just 9k lifts so it was the last one. Luckily got there at the right time as a guy tried to buy it the month prior and they wouldn't sell it. Got it for $900 less than buying new! Said it has only had one car on it for pictures and only lifted up and down to show customers. Looks brand new with a collection of dust and thats it! Just have to wait for their installer to come and take it apart so I can pick it up and install it. Will make putting in the downpipe (when I eventually do it) much easier!
Nice.

Make sure that your concrete floor at the very least meets the lift mfr's minimum strength and thickness specs, which should be in accordance with Automotive Lift Institute guidelines. Better still would be stronger and thicker. It's also important that there be no cracks in the vicinity of either baseplate. Concrete lets go rather abruptly when it fails under load. Years ago, I did anchor bolted baseplate design for power plant design; bolting down a lift isn't any different.

I do remember where people on other forums have excavated decent-size sections of their floors and had them reconcreted with greater thicknesses of stronger mix. I want to say they went with 4' x 4' sections, but don't quote me on that (get a proper on-site engineering evaluation). Though I can tell you that 3" of 3000# concrete isn't going to cut it.

Be safe!


Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:16 AM   #1246
closevo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268031
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Vehicle:
2006 Forester XT

Default

Motor is in the car. Rotated turbo kit lines up and only one cut to hotside intercooler pipe was needed to fit.

https://i.imgur.com/9zzmumO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0E3iYPl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NsBNmCm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tHQioej.jpg
closevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:49 AM   #1247
jesseisbeast
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465688
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Finished rebuilding the engine a few weeks ago (JDM ej20). Manley H tuff rods, Manley pistons, OEM STI crank, tgv deletes, EGR delete, pcv delete, 1000cc DW injectors, walbro 255, and vf52 swap

https://i.imgur.com/Ro17n66.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZGa1hVd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/l5OIFNx.jpg


I just have to do some little things today like tighten down the AC belt and reseat the tmic. I think I'm getting some boost leak and I'm pretty sure it's from the top mount
jesseisbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:51 PM   #1248
08redWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186068
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: NC
Vehicle:
2019 STi
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Nice.

Make sure that your concrete floor at the very least meets the lift mfr's minimum strength and thickness specs, which should be in accordance with Automotive Lift Institute guidelines. Better still would be stronger and thicker. It's also important that there be no cracks in the vicinity of either baseplate. Concrete lets go rather abruptly when it fails under load. Years ago, I did anchor bolted baseplate design for power plant design; bolting down a lift isn't any different.

I do remember where people on other forums have excavated decent-size sections of their floors and had them reconcreted with greater thicknesses of stronger mix. I want to say they went with 4' x 4' sections, but don't quote me on that (get a proper on-site engineering evaluation). Though I can tell you that 3" of 3000# concrete isn't going to cut it.

Be safe!


Norm
Thanks the minimum is 4" @ 3000PSI. I have 5" @ 3500PSI. I do have relief cuts right where I wanted to put it so will be moving it 6" away according to the install instructions. Which sucks cause that was dead center of in the garage!
08redWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:00 AM   #1249
dannyq86
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 416919
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Default

https://i.imgur.com/yldVvG6.jpg
2017 wrx with mishi intake tgv/egr delete and cobb flex fuel
dannyq86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:18 AM   #1250
Norm Peterson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 498642
Join Date: Mar 2019
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: our wrx IS the family sedan
Vehicle:
'19 WRX Limited 6MT
'08 Mustang GT (the toy)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08redWRX View Post
Thanks the minimum is 4" @ 3000PSI. I have 5" @ 3500PSI. I do have relief cuts right where I wanted to put it so will be moving it 6" away according to the install instructions. Which sucks cause that was dead center of in the garage!
Good to hear that both of those concrete specs exceed their minimum.

Perhaps you could compensate for the offset somewhat by setting the lift at a small angle. IOW, "aim" the lift toward the center of the doorway instead of parallel to a line drawn straight back from the doorway. Negotiating one small small 'kink' at the doorway might be easier than following a gentle S-shaped path (two larger 'kinks') or offsetting your entry. Something to consider while there's still time, anyway. Actual door width could end up driving the decision. Make entry easy on yourself.


Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.