Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday February 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #76
ems111
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496082
Join Date: Jan 2019
Vehicle:
2018 Wrx premium

Default

Tapped into the CAN at the center display with no luck. Anyone have suggesestions? Those who go it work where did you get the CAN and what did you use to make the connection? If I canít at least get the backup camera to work Iím just gonna out the stock unit back it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ems111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:59 PM   #77
LouCioccio
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496163
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Erie, PA
Vehicle:
2018 Forester
Pearl White

Default

I have been following assortments of threads on doing what you guys have done. I have been acquiring the parts. I do have a question on the the two connectors 6 & 10 pins that go in the telemetric module. I under stand the previous posts on cans red and blue and tap them from su2 ob2 what I don’t understand: the su2 has the two connectors 6 & 10 I connect the cars 6 & 10 to the telemetric module (STARLINK) and not to the su2 harness? Is that correct?
Lou Cioccio

Last edited by LouCioccio; 01-19-2019 at 11:11 PM.
LouCioccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:59 AM   #78
Xanthos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496746
Join Date: Jan 2019
Default 2018 cam out different

I've got the idoing Android head unit and everything works but the backup camera. Cannot seem to get an RCA out from it even though I have 6v at the camera
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:24 AM   #79
LouCioccio
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496163
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Erie, PA
Vehicle:
2018 Forester
Pearl White

Default

LouCioccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:26 PM   #80
Xanthos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496746
Join Date: Jan 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCioccio View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong here but it looks like I should take the rca gnd to chassis gnd. I do have 6v at the camera, unless additional can lines are required to use an aftermarket unit
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:20 PM   #81
Onoman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 497145
Join Date: Jan 2019
Default

Ok so I am a bit confused. I was looking at Crutchfield and want to get the Kenwood DMX905s about two weeks ago, I put it all in my cart and everything was fine I just needed an adapter to get the back up camera to work. I went back this week to order and now nothing is compatible with the 2018 WRX and when I talked to them they said they didn't have a way to retain my satellite radio, back up camera and steering wheel controls. My question is what exactly do I need to get and do to pretty much make this pug and play with maybe some minor adjustments. Do I use the wiring harness Crutchfield will give me or do I need a totally different one? I been reading the forums and I think I am confusing myself going between the Starlink and other stuff. I do not have nav or Starlink. Is there a way to get the telemetrics without the starlink? that would be cool but not needed iof I have to do too much wiring. Any help is greatly appreciated
Onoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #82
gantou
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 467982
Join Date: May 2017
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default

I just got my 4200NEX installed today, but like others my backup camera isn't working along with no OBDII data. I have a base 2018 with no telemetries. Where would I have to tap into for the CAN lines to get at least the backup camera to work?
gantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:15 AM   #83
ems111
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496082
Join Date: Jan 2019
Vehicle:
2018 Wrx premium

Default

Even with the help of the people here I could get my can lines to work and I didnít wanna f it up so I just bought the 6volt step down and mine worked. I tried the CAN at the multi unit display and was told you could get it by the obd2 also. Red is CAN high I believe and blue CAN low.
ems111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #84
gantou
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 467982
Join Date: May 2017
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems111 View Post
Even with the help of the people here I could get my can lines to work and I didnít wanna f it up so I just bought the 6volt step down and mine worked. I tried the CAN at the multi unit display and was told you could get it by the obd2 also. Red is CAN high I believe and blue CAN low.
Yeah I ended up ordering a 6v step down last night. While it would be nice to get the gauges the rear view is more necessary at this point. If I can get that working in the time being I'm ok waiting longer for idatalink to offer an official solution.
gantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:37 PM   #85
SirBrass
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 207263
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern PA
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantou View Post
Yeah I ended up ordering a 6v step down last night. While it would be nice to get the gauges the rear view is more necessary at this point. If I can get that working in the time being I'm ok waiting longer for idatalink to offer an official solution.
I think I'm going to just wait to get an aftermarket HU till iDL comes out with an official solution. Stock 19 HUs with AA are pretty good on their own, unlike previous MYs.
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #86
gantou
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 467982
Join Date: May 2017
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
I think I'm going to just wait to get an aftermarket HU till iDL comes out with an official solution. Stock 19 HUs with AA are pretty good on their own, unlike previous MYs.
That's probably a good call if you haven't bought anything yet since it sounds like it would require the RR2. IDK if they will release a new harness to make the CAN wiring easier or if we'll still need to tap into the CAN's ourselves.

I unfortunately bought all my stuff in 2017 when I first got the car back when people didn't seem to know about the CAN line stuff yet. I waited the past almost 2 years now for a good way to do this, but after getting a new phone I really want to get Android Auto to make life easier. In retrospec I kind of regret getting the RR, I should have just gone with the SW.
gantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #87
SirBrass
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 207263
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern PA
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantou View Post
That's probably a good call if you haven't bought anything yet since it sounds like it would require the RR2. IDK if they will release a new harness to make the CAN wiring easier or if we'll still need to tap into the CAN's ourselves.

I unfortunately bought all my stuff in 2017 when I first got the car back when people didn't seem to know about the CAN line stuff yet. I waited the past almost 2 years now for a good way to do this, but after getting a new phone I really want to get Android Auto to make life easier. In retrospec I kind of regret getting the RR, I should have just gone with the SW.
RR gives you more integration, though, and gives you backup camera pretty easily. It's the 2018+ folks who are still hosed on integration since iDL has taken so long to get it working. And 2018 specifically is doubly hosed with a really crappy HU and no way to easily integrate (without some effort) an aftermarket HU with backup camera. At least those of us with 2019s have a stock HU that doesn't suck and 2017s and prior have easy to install aftermarket integration options.
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #88
gantou
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 467982
Join Date: May 2017
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default

I'm just saying since I have a 2018 I'll be forced to get the RR2 to get the gauges when they figure that out. It would have been more cost efficient to go with the SW and get the AX-SUB28SWC or a similar harness to retain backup camera and aux for the time being while they work on the official solution. Because in the end I'll have to try and sell the RR or the would be SW to recoup some my money to upgrade to the RR2. I mean I'm not mad or anything I just mean if I could turn back time and do everything again, that would probably be the route I'd take.
gantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM   #89
SirBrass
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 207263
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern PA
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantou View Post
I'm just saying since I have a 2018 I'll be forced to get the RR2 to get the gauges when they figure that out. It would have been more cost efficient to go with the SW and get the AX-SUB28SWC or a similar harness to retain backup camera and aux for the time being while they work on the official solution. Because in the end I'll have to try and sell the RR or the would be SW to recoup some my money to upgrade to the RR2. I mean I'm not mad or anything I just mean if I could turn back time and do everything again, that would probably be the route I'd take.
You'll probably have an easier time selling the MRR, and thus be able to recoup some costs rather than not being able to sell off the SW at all, and then having to undo the AX-SUB28SWC just to fully integrate the MRR2 when it comes out (if you want gauges that badly).

But I understand where you're coming from. But at least you have BUC, aux, and HU integration with a good HU instead of that terrible Starlink (Starlink app itself still crashes on the 2019's btw, and also has to be manually "force stopped" in android itself).
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.