Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday May 29, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-21-2020, 06:33 AM   #1
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru

Member#: 73805
Default 2021 Dodge Durango Two New Powertrains eTorque Hemi

Quote:
While some of FCA’s new products have been delayed over the coronavirus pandemic, Dodge’s engineers have reportedly worked around the clock to make sure that an updated version of the aging Durango remains on track.

According to MoparInsiders, the technicians got to work on the SUV from the comfort of their own garages during lockdown.

Quoting undisclosed sources from within the company, the site states that the 2021 Durango should be unveiled soon, with dealers ordering opening as soon as August 6. Production, on the other hand, is slated to start on October 5.

None of these dates have been confirmed, but they do align with pre-coronavirus reports on FCA’s plans for the refreshed Durango which has been spied lightly camouflaged on a number of occasions over the past year.

Having entered production all the way back in 2010 as a 2011MY at the Detroit, Michigan, plant, the second generation Durango is based on an old unibody platform that can be traced to the Mercedes-Benz ML. Any other manufacturer would have already introduced a replacement two to four years ago and would now be readying a facelift of said new model, but not FCA who’s product plan appears to be limited to tweaking appearances and shoehorning Hellcat engines to nearly every vehicle it makes.

What’s new for 2021?

On the outside, the refresh will bring a newly designed front end and possibly smaller changes to the rear along with the mandatory new wheel choices and colors. It’s said that the interior will be redesigned boasting new gear, including the firm’s 10.1-inch Uconnect touchscreen infotainment system.

In terms of power, aside from the existing 3.6-liter Pentastar V6, the big news is rumored to be the introduction of two new and very different powertrains. For the Eco-consious, Dodge will offer the 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 with the self-charging mild hybrid system “eTorque” that’s already offered in the Ram 1500 and Jeep Wrangler. On the opposite corner will be the Hellcat high-performance version featuring the omnipresent 6.2-liter supercharged V8 – you know, the 707 HP beast powering the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk and which in the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye, pumps out as much as 797 HP.

AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #2
KC
Scooby Guru

Member#: 442
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
17 Imp Spurt
00 S2k

I rented one of these with the v6 last year and drove it from MA to Mechanicsburg PA and back. I was pleasantly surprised how well it drove, understanding it's an SUV of sorts (i.e., don't push it into corners). And was very comfortable.

--kC
KC is offline   Reply With Quote