Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday August 9, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-01-2020, 11:38 PM   #26
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Member#: 50586
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2020 STI
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCioccio View Post
If you haven't done so also logon here they also can help. Go to the Subaru section. When I did mine a couple years ago on my 2018 Foz I got info from this site and also at 12voltdata.
Hope it gets straighten out for you.
Lou Cioccio
Yeah i went to 12voltdata and there is a sticky'd post saying that rr2 is still not compatible with 2018+ Subaru's....**** me guess I'm going back to my jury rigged setup, the obd2 gauge function did not work for me on the rr2 and the radio will not turn off when I shut the car off....
murrdogg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2020, 03:46 AM   #27
gunz4me
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 305130
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
Dark Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrdogg24 View Post
Yeah i went to 12voltdata and there is a sticky'd post saying that rr2 is still not compatible with 2018+ Subaru's....**** me guess I'm going back to my jury rigged setup, the obd2 gauge function did not work for me on the rr2 and the radio will not turn off when I shut the car off....
I had to call them but still haven't gotten around to yanking the stock radio. There is a modification that you have to make to the harness and they will give you a custom file to flash the RR2 with.
gunz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:04 AM   #28
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2020 STI
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
I had to call them but still haven't gotten around to yanking the stock radio. There is a modification that you have to make to the harness and they will give you a custom file to flash the RR2 with.
I was going to rip the harness apart tomorrow to look at all the actual connections, and trace them out. I figured something on the harness is not wired correctly. Maybe I will wait until I can call them on Monday then. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #29
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2020 STI
Crystal White Pearl

so after some time on the phone today with idatalink trying to trouble shoot my problem, they came to the conclusion that the rr2 unit was bad....Crutchfield is sending me a new one so hopefully I'll get back at it later this week...
Old 08-07-2020, 11:04 PM   #30
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2020 STI
Crystal White Pearl

Update: 8/7/20
Received new RR2 from Crutchfield today and proceeded to install, this time with the CAN lines military spliced with solder(they said t-tap was bad).....the same symptoms, radio will not automatically shut off when the car is shut off. Car info, gauges, TPMS etc do not work. When I look at the CAN STATUS page it shows an error: stufferr and count:9... I have lost faith in the idatalink tech support and believe they are lying about this unit and SU2 harness being compatible with the 2020 STI, literally everything is Plug n Play except the two CAN lines..

According to the below link the SU2 harness is now compatible with 2018-2020 cars...I don't believe it.
http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/view...18400&start=15

Last edited by murrdogg24; 08-07-2020 at 11:48 PM.
Old Today, 12:04 AM   #31
BrasilianBoy07
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 487740
Vehicle:
2018 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrdogg24 View Post
Update: 8/7/20
Received new RR2 from Crutchfield today and proceeded to install, this time with the CAN lines military spliced with solder(they said t-tap was bad).....the same symptoms, radio will not automatically shut off when the car is shut off. Car info, gauges, TPMS etc do not work. When I look at the CAN STATUS page it shows an error: stufferr and count:9... I have lost faith in the idatalink tech support and believe they are lying about this unit and SU2 harness being compatible with the 2020 STI, literally everything is Plug n Play except the two CAN lines..

According to the below link the SU2 harness is now compatible with 2018-2020 cars...I don't believe it.
http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/view...18400&start=15

Idatalink states that the mestro rr/rr2 does work with 2020 STi's BUT only if you have the the non-amplified/harman kardon system.

Also I did read somewhere on there site that Idatalink is making a new wire harness SU3. The new SU3 (if they are making it) might work better when it comes out.

I would try and call them again and see what they say.
BrasilianBoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:04 AM   #32
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2020 STI
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrasilianBoy07 View Post
Idatalink states that the mestro rr/rr2 does work with 2020 STi's BUT only if you have the the non-amplified/harman kardon system.

Also I did read somewhere on there site that Idatalink is making a new wire harness SU3. The new SU3 (if they are making it) might work better when it comes out.

I would try and call them again and see what they say.
I have a base STi non amplified stereo