Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #1
ksj1831
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 264923
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default MI: 2005 Forester XT, 241k miles, rust free, $5.5k

I believe I am the third or fourth owner of this vehicle. I purchased a little over a year ago from someone that had recently moved to Michigan from California. When I purchased the car, it had 235,997 miles.

The car spent most of its life in Montana and California before coming to Michigan ~2 years ago. There are two accidents on record for the car (VIN: JF1SG69635G704163). The most recent claim on record was due to hail damage. The first claim was due to the owner swerving to miss a falling tree. While he avoided a head on collision and/or being crushed, he did scrape by, causing damage to the side of the vehicle, then collided with a curb.

All records for both claims are with me, along with a very comprehensive service history. I have not looked through all the included records but among them are head rebuilds and a warranty-replacement short block. Granted, the car has had over 100k miles added since these were done but I mention it because the current mileage doesn't reflect as mileage on an all-original vehicle.

Since I have owned it, I've done an oil change and I replaced all rotors, pads, and installed SS braided brake lines, with a full system bleed. I have not otherwise modified it but it came with an SPT exhaust, 06-08 Forester wheels, eibach springs (on stock struts), and an optima red top battery

The good:
-Car starts right up every time and pulls strong
-Leaks no fluids
-Upgraded head unit (Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX) with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
-There is no rust on the body
-All the lights work, including fog lights (I had to replace the driver's side assembly)
-Very good all season tires with a couple of years worth of tread left

The bad:
-Burns oil (~.5 Qt per 1k miles)
-Driver's seat is ripped
-6x9 in trunk does not work - previous owner installed some Kicker components in the front but they don't sound very good; an amp would probably help
-Suspension is pretty rough (lowered on stock struts)
-Interior rattles
-Rock chips
-Headlights starting to fog at top
-Tint has some rough spots
-Some paint fade on the roof rails
-Various instances of brittle rubber, sun faded surfaces, etc

All in all, the car is in good shape for the year and these are increasingly difficult to find in good condition, unmodified, etc. Most of the items on the bad list are normal wear and tear but I call them out just to provide as much information as I can to prospective buyers so they know what to expect.

I have the title in hand and it is ready to go to a new home.

Asking $5,500. No trades.

ksj1831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #2
ksj1831
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

_Bump
Old 02-12-2020, 12:42 PM   #3
jamesbangura
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 511620
Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj1831 View Post
I believe I am the third or fourth owner of this vehicle. I purchased a little over a year ago from someone that had recently moved to Michigan from California. When I purchased the car, it had 235,997 miles.

The car spent most of its life in Montana and California before coming to Michigan ~2 years ago. There are two accidents on record for the car (VIN: JF1SG69635G704163). The most recent claim on record was due to hail damage. The first claim was due to the owner swerving to miss a falling tree. While he avoided a head on collision and/or being crushed, he did scrape by, causing damage to the side of the vehicle, then collided with a curb.

All records for both claims are with me, along with a very comprehensive service history. I have not looked through all the included records but among them are head rebuilds and a warranty-replacement short block. Granted, the car has had over 100k miles added since these were done but I mention it because the current mileage doesn't reflect as mileage on an all-original vehicle.

Since I have owned it, I've done an oil change and I replaced all rotors, pads, and installed SS braided brake lines, with a full system bleed. I have not otherwise modified it but it came with an SPT exhaust, 06-08 Forester wheels, eibach springs (on stock struts), and an optima red top battery

The good:
-Car starts right up every time and pulls strong
-Leaks no fluids
-Upgraded head unit (Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX) with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
-There is no rust on the body
-All the lights work, including fog lights (I had to replace the driver's side assembly)
-Very good all season tires with a couple of years worth of tread left

The bad:
-Burns oil (~.5 Qt per 1k miles)
-Driver's seat is ripped
-6x9 in trunk does not work - previous owner installed some Kicker components in the front but they don't sound very good; an amp would probably help
-Suspension is pretty rough (lowered on stock struts)
-Interior rattles
-Rock chips
-Headlights starting to fog at top
-Tint has some rough spots
-Some paint fade on the roof rails
-Various instances of brittle rubber, sun faded surfaces, etc

All in all, the car is in good shape for the year and these are increasingly difficult to find in good condition, unmodified, etc. Most of the items on the bad list are normal wear and tear but I call them out just to provide as much information as I can to prospective buyers so they know what to expect.

I have the title in hand and it is ready to go to a new home.

Asking $5,500. No trades.

Is the vehicle still for sale?
jamesbangura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:15 PM   #4
ksj1831
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbangura View Post
Is the vehicle still for sale?
Yes - it still for sale. Feel free to PM me with any questions.