Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday June 5, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #1
Nrbeal12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 437912
Join Date: Jan 2016
Default COVID-19 STI deal?

Maybe that title sounds bad, but Iíve been shopping for an STI for the last 6 months or so and have recently been getting bothered like crazy from Subaru dealers.

Think I can snag one for $32-33k before taxes?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Nrbeal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
rtv900
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 428511
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: philadelphia
Vehicle:
2016 STI

Default

are dealers even open?

if so probably yes you could get a good deal since I'm sure sales absolutely blow since we've enacted the procedure for imploding the economy
rtv900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
JP Chestnut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 504432
Join Date: Jul 2019
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

I've been offered a low spec base sti for around $34k including fees but no taxes, before all this. I'd be shooting for a lower price than $32k.

It's a super old model on the verge of replacement. Negotiate to that reality.
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #4
Jack
Add Lightness
Moderator
 
Member#: 13699
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Vehicle:
not my president
(From General)

Default

I looked at one local dealer's site since Mass is closed to non-essential businesses. They splash that they're an essential business. I don't see it, but nobody is going to make me Governor.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #5
JP Chestnut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 504432
Join Date: Jul 2019
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I looked at one local dealer's site since Mass is closed to non-essential businesses. They splash that they're an essential business. I don't see it, but nobody is going to make me Governor.
In NY service is essential, sales arenít. Seems pretty reasonable.
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
oichan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 492327
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: A garage in the Midwest
Vehicle:
19 WRX 16 STI
17Golf-R 16FiST 20Supra

Default

My dealers are still open for business, but do you want to sit next to the sales guy during your test drive?
Of course some dealers just give you the keys and tells you to come back in like 10-15min.
oichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:34 PM   #7
Ernest
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45076
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rockland County, NY
Vehicle:
2004 Stg 2 wagon AT
16 BRZ. Both silver

Default

Not being an alarmist, but a few thousand saved versus getting sick and potentially dying. Remember people will die not from the virus but because the medical system is overloaded. That would really suck to die because a hospital had no room for you. But maybe you live in an area that is not overloaded.

And maybe you are asymptomatic and lucky, and likewise get lucky with getting a good deal.
Ernest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:32 PM   #8
BigWrecKs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 93830
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Flori:derp:
Vehicle:
'06 Silverado
'19 STI

Default

2019 base STI selling price for <= 34k would be a great price.
BigWrecKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #9
Chief_WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 369934
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Gardner, Kansas
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
Heritage Blue

Default

Right now Subaru has 0.9% financing on WRX/STI as well.
Chief_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #10
hyperblueice16
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 512912
Join Date: Mar 2020
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: new jersey
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STI
hyperblue

Default

I got a hyperblue sti with 1400 miles for 33.5 before taxes so yea right now is the time , honestly unless it’s a rare one (50th anniversary , hyperblue, ) tell the dealer a price you like see where they are at and then tell them 1k less and I guarantee you they call you within a week , places are hurting so bad right now. It’s a great opportunity to snag a car like an sti who’s market value is dipping a tiny bit which it never does
hyperblueice16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #11
oichan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 492327
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: A garage in the Midwest
Vehicle:
19 WRX 16 STI
17Golf-R 16FiST 20Supra

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_WRX View Post
Right now Subaru has 0.9% financing on WRX/STI as well.
I'd like to see deferred payments for 6months. That and 0% APR is the 'standard' deal right now on new cars.

Not that I'm looking to buy another STI, but if price is right on the BRZ tS, I might.
oichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:05 PM   #12
GoFrogs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 507317
Join Date: Oct 2019
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: SW Ohio
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
Pure Red

Default

...as far as I know, the local dealer to me is open, both sales and service.

a salesman told me no special orders are being taken, but dealer stock is available.

since a lot of sales happen via online means, if you are interested in a particular car, the color/options are adequate, and the terms (price and finance rate is using the Subaru Financial) are agreeable to both you and the selling dealer on the car you want (would be happy with), there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to buy a new car.

now, as far as test drives go, I can't help you there. l bought mine w/o a test drive 8 months ago as I figured it couldn't be any worse than the other cars I cross-shopped it with [Mk7 GTI, Crosstrek, Alltrack, Veloster-N, Si, Accord Sport, Fit]. My WRX has a unique characteristics I'm getting used to compared the the VW Mk4 GTI I had for 15 years.

if there is a problem with the sale, I'm sure the selling dealer will let you know. you won't know if you don't ask...
GoFrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:28 PM   #13
bakerrya
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 504792
Join Date: Jul 2019
Default

There are some pretty good deals going on around me on STIs. Dealers suffering hard right now.
bakerrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #14
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495630
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oichan View Post
My dealers are still open for business, but do you want to sit next to the sales guy during your test drive?
Of course some dealers just give you the keys and tells you to come back in like 10-15min.
Dont have to test drive to get these deals. Dealerships are delivering cars directly to owners as part of the corona virus incentives. If I were buying one I wouldnt bother, do it all over the phone, and have them deliver it via truck right to my driveway. I already know what I'd be getting as an STI enthusiast for the past 16 years. Needless to say NOW is the time to get the S209 LOL. Not that they would sell with the markups before all this **** went down, but markups now would be the death knell for any possibility of selling any that are still on lots....if anything they will have to discount them heavily

Last edited by NighthawkSTI; 04-01-2020 at 04:10 PM.
NighthawkSTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:31 AM   #15
lealedwin485
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 513120
Join Date: Apr 2020
Default

I think no
lealedwin485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:48 AM   #16
GothamDrew
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 503624
Join Date: Jun 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkSTI View Post
Dont have to test drive to get these deals. Dealerships are delivering cars directly to owners as part of the corona virus incentives. If I were buying one I wouldnt bother, do it all over the phone, and have them deliver it via truck right to my driveway. I already know what I'd be getting as an STI enthusiast for the past 16 years. Needless to say NOW is the time to get the S209 LOL. Not that they would sell with the markups before all this **** went down, but markups now would be the death knell for any possibility of selling any that are still on lots....if anything they will have to discount them heavily
I have my 2020 STI arriving in a week or so. I wonder if they will offer to deliver it to me via truck or wait until their sales department opens up again? hmmm
GothamDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:15 AM   #17
rtv900
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 428511
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: philadelphia
Vehicle:
2016 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamDrew View Post
I have my 2020 STI arriving in a week or so. I wonder if they will offer to deliver it to me via truck or wait until their sales department opens up again? hmmm
I know one thing, if I bought a new car I'd be pissed if they said I had to let it sit on the lot until the governors remove these orders, which is a timetable that is completely undefined and is likely to be a solid 2 months yet considering this thing is here to stay for the next 50 years or so.
Tell them you'll sign paperwork and slip it through a mail slot to somebody behind protective glass wearing a radiation suit and take your car.
rtv900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #18
GothamDrew
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 503624
Join Date: Jun 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
I know one thing, if I bought a new car I'd be pissed if they said I had to let it sit on the lot until the governors remove these orders, which is a timetable that is completely undefined and is likely to be a solid 2 months yet considering this thing is here to stay for the next 50 years or so.
Tell them you'll sign paperwork and slip it through a mail slot to somebody behind protective glass wearing a radiation suit and take your car.
haha true. Once the car comes in, I'll ask if they can deliver it to me. thanks!
GothamDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:17 PM   #19
Tylermclean
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 507116
Join Date: Oct 2019
Default

Now is the time to buy!
Tylermclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:14 PM   #20
CGM_SCOOBY
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129314
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Vandenberg AFB
Vehicle:
2003 EVO VIII
2012 Veloster

Default

Talking with some dealers about a Series White STI. So far $41.1 and manager said they will also waive doc fees so will be just under 41 OTD.
CGM_SCOOBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #21
Nrbeal12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 437912
Join Date: Jan 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM_SCOOBY View Post
Talking with some dealers about a Series White STI. So far $41.1 and manager said they will also waive doc fees so will be just under 41 OTD.

Bro where?! I found a type RA for $40k bear me with 7,000 miles I was thinking about grabbing. But shoot a brand new series white for 41 OTD after taxes?
Nrbeal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #22
CGM_SCOOBY
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129314
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Vandenberg AFB
Vehicle:
2003 EVO VIII
2012 Veloster

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrbeal12 View Post
Bro where?! I found a type RA for $40k bear me with 7,000 miles I was thinking about grabbing. But shoot a brand new series white for 41 OTD after taxes?
I'll let you know if I dont close deal. But 41 is also without taxes which I wont have to pay. Being Florida resident but military, stationed outside florida, when I register it there rather than state of purchase, florida exempts sales tax. Got proposal from dealer, final price is 40,639. Then I'll pay like 200 to register in Florida via mail.
CGM_SCOOBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:10 PM   #23
BigWrecKs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 93830
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Flori:derp:
Vehicle:
'06 Silverado
'19 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM_SCOOBY View Post
Talking with some dealers about a Series White STI. So far $41.1 and manager said they will also waive doc fees so will be just under 41 OTD.
That sounds like a really decent deal. And I really like this option package instead of the Limited trim.
BigWrecKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:14 PM   #24
BigWrecKs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 93830
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Flori:derp:
Vehicle:
'06 Silverado
'19 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM_SCOOBY View Post
I'll let you know if I dont close deal. But 41 is also without taxes which I wont have to pay. Being Florida resident but military, stationed outside florida, when I register it there rather than state of purchase, florida exempts sales tax. Got proposal from dealer, final price is 40,639. Then I'll pay like 200 to register in Florida via mail.
40.6 OTD is an incredible deal, considering my STI OTD price was like 38k. The tires and seats alone are worth the price difference. Some dealers have them listed for 47k...why is your dealership coming down so low, seems like a lot?

Last edited by BigWrecKs; 04-08-2020 at 11:21 PM.
BigWrecKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:03 AM   #25
ilikemyrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389940
Join Date: May 2014
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Jose, CA
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
DGM

Default

Just another data point, I recently bought a 2020 base STI with some options, MSRP $39360, paid $35200. I felt $4160 off sticker was a decent enough deal.
Got 0.9% APR for 48 months too. This was about two weeks ago in the bay area, northern CA. Other parts of the country may be able to get better deals.

Car is awesome by they way, can't wait till the break-in is over.
ilikemyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.