Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-14-2001, 12:03 AM   #1
BrysImpreza
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (18)

Member#: 3102
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2018 Mazda CX-5
Storm Trooper White

Default Found a Octane Booster / Fuel System Cleaner that actually works!

After about 15 tries with varies fuel system cleaners and octance boosters I have actually found one that does more then take a few dollars out of my pocket
I bought a bottle of "Gumout Octane Booster" just to try something different from my typical STP stuff.
I added it to a nearly full tank of 87 Octane, after driving about 20 miles with it in my tank I saw Noticable results, cleaner throttle response, no backfiring no lunge or hesitation.
I know some of you say "That's what octane booster is supposed to do", Yes I know, I tried almost every single kind on the market and finally found one I'll recomend.
It recomends to use it every tankful, but I'll stick to about every 4,000 miles or whenever I hit the track

Bry.
BrysImpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2001, 01:31 AM   #2
Ripper
Shooty Patooty
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 7774

Im gonna come over and piss in your gas tank Bry . I use that ZMax stuff myself every once in a while.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 10:03 AM   #3
BrysImpreza
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2018 Mazda CX-5
Storm Trooper White

Well without a locking gas door I guess you could, it couldn't run any worse then when I put in gas from the new gas station up by UConn
Bry.
Old 11-15-2001, 02:45 PM   #4
PureWRX
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 11739
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Blue - VF-23, Vishnu

Quote:
Originally posted by BrysImpreza
Well without a locking gas door I guess you could, it couldn't run any worse then when I put in gas from the new gas station up by UConn
Bry.
Tell me about it. I filled my WRX with their "93" octane from one of those stations down the road from Uconn, and my car turned into a dying slug. Got the next tank filled in Manchester and, like a miracle, car runs beautiful again. You can guarantee I'll never get gas from those bastards again.
PureWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:59 PM   #5
BrysImpreza
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2018 Mazda CX-5
Storm Trooper White

Amen brother, their 87 is like driving on dirt and water, my car stalled out for gods sake, that has NEVER happened
Bry.