Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 8, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Warranty Issues & SOA Problems

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #3151
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
Make: 2018 Subaru STI Type-RA

Mileage: 3600

Time Out Of Use: 3 weeks

Problem And Likely Cause: 3rd-4th gear grinding, 4th gear syncro worn, other parts found worn/damaged during inspection.

Modifications: AOS and 91 Octane tune (Type-RA ECU runs terrible on 91 octane)

Submitted For Warranty Work (Yes/No): Yes

Reason Given For Denial: Modifications

Your Story:

Bought the Type-RA last year October. Has had minor issues with 3rd gear since day one, occasionally not wanting to go into gear. Haven't missed shifts or over-revved (not my first manual Subaru, have had manual Subaru's since 2001). 3rd-4th completely failed last month, would grind every time shifting even at low speeds and any RPM. Took it in for warranty claim at the dealer I used to work at, they went to bat for me but ultimately Subaru Corporate denied the claim...

Probably have to sell the car because I was laid off recently too. Bill is over $5000. Car is paid off.
That blows. Not for nothing but the only one who would report that you had it tuned is the mechanic. Then from there the writer had to have documented it, filled out a mod report, then sent it into Subaru. If they were still cool with you they’d never turn it in or fill it out in the first place. It sucks. We’ve warrantied a lot of stuff we shouldn’t have because they would rather not deal with a bad review.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:00 PM   #3152
elislider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 133923
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
03 Legacy GT wagon
I love goooollllllllddddd

Default

Name: Eliot

Make: '13 Crosstrek

Mileage: 130k

Time Out Of Use: n/a

Problem And Likely Cause: excessive oil consumption (known issue) and click/whirring noise from CVT

Modifications: None

Submitted For Warranty Work (Yes/No): Yes

Reason Given For Denial: Mileage over 100k so all extended service claims denied. Called SoA and they confirmed it.

Your Story: Bought the car with about 131k on it. Drove great. On a road trip around 133k I noticed the low-oil light came on, even though it had 3k left until it needed an oil change. Took it in to the dealer and they said they could do an oil consumption test but since it was over 100k miles then it wouldn't qualify for any coverage. I paid for them to do an oil change, came back 1500 miles later, they said it was consuming a normal amount of oil, nothing alarming, not close to what would normally qualify under the oil consumption recall. Also started noticing a clicking/whirring noise from the transmission at low speed, they checked it and said it was coming from the transmission and would be $6000+ to replace it.

They did the valve spring recall (which includes another oil change) and brake switch recall and I went on my way. At this point it had 135,500. Just last week at 137k the low oil light came on again. That's only 1500 miles since it just had new oil after the valve spring recall repair. Making another appointment with them this week regarding the oil consumption.

Regarding the transmission, the noise is getting louder. Might try another dealer to see what they say.
elislider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:12 PM   #3153
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elislider View Post
Name: Eliot

Make: '13 Crosstrek

Mileage: 130k

Time Out Of Use: n/a

Problem And Likely Cause: excessive oil consumption (known issue) and click/whirring noise from CVT

Modifications: None

Submitted For Warranty Work (Yes/No): Yes

Reason Given For Denial: Mileage over 100k so all extended service claims denied. Called SoA and they confirmed it.

Your Story: Bought the car with about 131k on it. Drove great. On a road trip around 133k I noticed the low-oil light came on, even though it had 3k left until it needed an oil change. Took it in to the dealer and they said they could do an oil consumption test but since it was over 100k miles then it wouldn't qualify for any coverage. I paid for them to do an oil change, came back 1500 miles later, they said it was consuming a normal amount of oil, nothing alarming, not close to what would normally qualify under the oil consumption recall. Also started noticing a clicking/whirring noise from the transmission at low speed, they checked it and said it was coming from the transmission and would be $6000+ to replace it.

They did the valve spring recall (which includes another oil change) and brake switch recall and I went on my way. At this point it had 135,500. Just last week at 137k the low oil light came on again. That's only 1500 miles since it just had new oil after the valve spring recall repair. Making another appointment with them this week regarding the oil consumption.

Regarding the transmission, the noise is getting louder. Might try another dealer to see what they say.
What do you expect will happen taking it to the dealership again? You bought a used Subaru with over 100k mikes on it. They aren’t going to hand you a free engine and trans. Bust out the check book or drive it till it goes....
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #3154
KalamazooSaabaru
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 462388
Join Date: Feb 2017
Default 2017 WRX Base Clutch Master Cylinder Failur

Name: Abe

Make: '17 WRX

Mileage: 49k

Time Out Of Use: 10 days and counting

Problem And Likely Cause: Clutch pedal went to the floor while driving and stayed there; Maple Hill Subaru says it's the clutch master cylinder but I haven't been able to get anyone to tell me whether or not the part failed or if it was something the previous owner or myself may have done.

Modifications: Coilovers, previous owner installed

Submitted For Warranty Work (Yes/No): Yes

Reason Given For Denial: The shop did not indicate that the part was defective, so SoA denied the warranty claim. No reason for the part failing has been given to me yet.

Your Story: I bought the vehicle about a month ago with 48k miles on it, decently clean with all the service history at a Subie dealer. Love the car, coming off of an 05 Saabaru. Been babying it trying to get the most mpg's possible, currently seeing 30+mpg dailying it to work. LOVE the car, hate the sound system. Anyway...

I leave work on a Friday, stop at a light, get the car into 1st no problem, second I notice a faint click but dismiss it as I assume it was my foot hitting something. Go into third, definitely a noticeable click. I go to shift into 4th and the pedal sticks to the floor. I pull off into the middle lane, wait two hours for a tow because Friday, and drop the car to Maple Hill at around 5pm. I call back Monday to see if they scheduled the inspection, get told I'll get a call back Tuesday with the info. Get the call Wednesday afternoon, clutch master cylinder failed, won't warranty because over 36k miles, tell them to sit on it til I hear from Subaru of America. I get a call back from Subaru telling me the car is over 36k miles, so sorry, I tell them I thought defective parts were covered. Peter at Subaru of America tells me no, they only cover defective parts within the 36k mile warranty. Doesn't seem right to me, but OK, let's have a supervisor call me so I can make sure. I speak with Virgil(not a pleasant experience), and he eventually informs me that if the part were defective, SoA would cover it, but since the dealer didn't indicate that the part was defective, they wouldn't be doing anything for me. I ask what the dealer said caused the part failure, Virgil informs me that they did not provide any information as to the nature of the failure. I ask him to inquire with the dealer as to why the part failed, he says he'll ask them to reach out to me. I am still waiting to hear back from Maple Hill at this time, and I expect that I'll be paying for this out of pocket.
KalamazooSaabaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #3155
ZoomZoomRex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 505071
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default 2019 WRX Base Manual Transmission

Name: Mike
Make: 2019 WRX base model 6MT
Mileage: 30,000
Time out of use: 41 days and counting
Problem and likely cause: Hole found in top of short block caused by damaged piston and connecting rod.
Modifications: None
Submitted for warranty work: Yes
Reason for denial: "Operated vehicle outside of its intended parameters."
I asked what specifically was operated outside of its intended parameters. They said engine speed and boost were outside of intended parameters. When I asked for the report showing when it happened and what the engine speed and boost numbers were they refused to show me/tell me saying it was an internal Subaru document. Subaru is covering under goodwill but not warranty.
ZoomZoomRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #3156
2018wrx_newbie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 477489
Join Date: Nov 2017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoomRex View Post
Name: Mike
Make: 2019 WRX base model 6MT
Mileage: 30,000
Time out of use: 41 days and counting
Problem and likely cause: Hole found in top of short block caused by damaged piston and connecting rod.
Modifications: None
Submitted for warranty work: Yes
Reason for denial: "Operated vehicle outside of its intended parameters."
I asked what specifically was operated outside of its intended parameters. They said engine speed and boost were outside of intended parameters. When I asked for the report showing when it happened and what the engine speed and boost numbers were they refused to show me/tell me saying it was an internal Subaru document. Subaru is covering under goodwill but not warranty.
That's strange that they would not share more details on it. But at least you are getting it replaced free of cost.

Did you at any time push the car too hard?
2018wrx_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:42 PM   #3157
ZoomZoomRex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 505071
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018wrx_newbie View Post
That's strange that they would not share more details on it. But at least you are getting it replaced free of cost.

Did you at any time push the car too hard?
I never (knowingly) redlined or pushed the car too far. I may have missed a shift here or there but nothing that should have caused this. It seemed sketchy that they wouldn't give me more details and has left a really bad taste in my mouth. If they legitimately showed me where I screwed up then by all means I'd say thank you and move on, but I really don't think I ever went beyond redline. I had a 2012 WRX before this which I brought to 155,000 miles (would have been more if I didn't get rear ended) so I am aware of the limits of the car.
ZoomZoomRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #3158
2018wrx_newbie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 477489
Join Date: Nov 2017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
CWP

Default

Got it. Perhaps ask the tech or advisor again nicely when you pick up the car, after they have fixed it. Maybe they will share some more information then.
2018wrx_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #3159
Waddlz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

subaru must be losing their ass with WRX/STi warranties to fight these with those silly "you redlined/started/drove the car in a manner we disagree with" and yet prove nothing to you.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:22 PM   #3160
Windsor14STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 505473
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: New England
Vehicle:
2014 STI
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Thought I would add one to the connecting rod bearing class action issue. 2014 STI only 10K miles, was denied because car was modified, In my case the rod was not bent, just a cylinder 4 bad connecting rod bearing.

I didn't make a stink and ended up going with IAG stage 2.
Windsor14STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:23 AM   #3161
rodhotter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 405104
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pennysylvania
Vehicle:
2001 audi TT 225Q
black roadster

Default

most cars today use 400 grade stainless that corrodes a protective layer THEY say!! if a magnet sticks thats what you got, unlike nonmagnetic 304 grade stainless borla uses that only discolors in its lifetime aka forever!
rodhotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #3162
smokeyboi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 507298
Join Date: Oct 2019
Default

hello, new to the forum and wanted to inquire as to whether anyone has been encountering issues getting reimbursed for the knocking and shuddering? already had clutched replaced but going to take it in to a dealership to get evaluated and see if they will reimburse for cost.
smokeyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #3163
smokeyboi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 507298
Join Date: Oct 2019
Default

hello, new to the forum and wanted to inquire as to whether anyone has been encountering issues getting reimbursed for the knocking and shuddering? already had clutched replaced but going to take it in to a dealership to get evaluated and see if they will reimburse for cost.
smokeyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #3164
Hutchinson28
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 460187
Join Date: Dec 2016
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

Name: Conor

Make: '15 WRX

Mileage: 75k

Time Out Of Use: n/a

Problem And Likely Cause: Bad oil leak from the front timing chain case, oil pan, and cam area (can't remember what the dealer said); Poor work done by dealer.

Modifications: None

Submitted For Warranty Work (Yes/No): No

Reason Given For Denial: Subaru only guarantees work for 12k miles.

Your Story: The short block was replaced at ~53k miles under warranty by a Subaru dealership out of town, since I broke down on a road trip. I drop off my car at the local dealership for regular 75k mile service and they tell me I have a leak on the front timing chain case, oil pan, and cam area (can't remember what the dealer said). They say the work is only guaranteed for 12k miles and I will have to pay out of pocket (dealership quoted me ~$3,500). I am going to call Subaru, but I think I may have to pay out pocket.
Hutchinson28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:22 PM   #3165
vlad11591
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 295970
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Vehicle:
2019 STI
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinson28 View Post
Name: Conor

Make: '15 WRX

Mileage: 75k

Time Out Of Use: n/a

Problem And Likely Cause: Bad oil leak from the front timing chain case, oil pan, and cam area (can't remember what the dealer said); Poor work done by dealer.

Modifications: None

Submitted For Warranty Work (Yes/No): No

Reason Given For Denial: Subaru only guarantees work for 12k miles.

Your Story: The short block was replaced at ~53k miles under warranty by a Subaru dealership out of town, since I broke down on a road trip. I drop off my car at the local dealership for regular 75k mile service and they tell me I have a leak on the front timing chain case, oil pan, and cam area (can't remember what the dealer said). They say the work is only guaranteed for 12k miles and I will have to pay out of pocket (dealership quoted me ~$3,500). I am going to call Subaru, but I think I may have to pay out pocket.
That's BS..... contact SOA.
vlad11591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:46 PM   #3166
ID10T_21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 468154
Join Date: May 2017
Default

Name: Michael

Make: '16 WRX

Mileage: 48k

Time Out Of Use: n/a

Problem And Likely Cause: Clutch went out twice due to the release bearing (Throw out Bearing)

Modifications: None

Submitted For Warranty Work (Yes/No): Yes

Reason Given For Denial: Just out of warranty for the first one (37k miles)

Your Story: Noticed the chirping sound initially around the 30k mile mark. Took it to Subaru to have it looked at. They couldnt recreate the sound. Fast Forward 7k miles and the sound is now constant. Subaru denies the claim so I am forced to pay cash, but I am not going to put the same part back in when I know it fails. I installed the Clutch Masters FX250 and a new WRX OEM Flywheel. Less than 10k miles later, FX250 is toast. Subaru of Austin works with me and installs the new STI clutch system from the pedal to the clutch itself. Still paid cash, but currently I have another new clutch. Third clutch on a car with less than 50k miles. ~$4k so far just in clutch problems.

Last edited by ID10T_21; 10-29-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Added $ amount
ID10T_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:39 PM   #3167
MAD WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 472279
Join Date: Aug 2017
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Lyman,Maine
Vehicle:
2015 WRX ( traded )
2019 WRX WRB

Default

Call Subaru Of America, they did a good will repair on my throw out bearing around 67,000 miles.
MAD WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #3168
Marialice
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 508349
Join Date: Nov 2019
Default Subaru not honoring warranty oil leak known in engine

Links below are facts showing are true facts showing the actions of Subaru Of America
https://www.motortrend.com/news/suba...-oil...⇄ />
htt
ps://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/13/subaru-suing-ca-dealership-false-customer-su...⇄


Bought car from a Subaru dealership that had very bad dealing with taking care of my vehicle, contacted the dealership. It took about a week to to finally get the car repair, when it was repair I notice I could still smell oil burning, I contacted both Dealership and Subaru of America. Made several complaints but nothing was done about it, I was assured that the problem was fixed and it was done right.

I have maintain and service that car, I was told by the dealership and Subaru of America that all was repairs was done correctly and I did notice that the car was losing oil every 3,000 miles but I was told by the dealership that was normal and nothing to worry about. But I was told to maintain the proper oil changes approximate every 3000 miles and since it was a new car and there was free oil change for 2 years I did just that.

Recently I learn that it was not normal about the oil leaking and that this engine in this model car. The Company knew of this problem and had tried to hide it from the consumers to keep a better profit for its shareholders, a class action suit took Subaru of America to court and the details was disclose about the engine losing oil and that the company knew and tried to hide it. The court order them to fix it but I am seeing they are not really living up to the deal made to the courts. What they have done is put in place a scam that makes the consumer to pay for repairs to be able to take the test showing that the engine is faulty which cost about 2500 dollars, but if you fix the problem then the test they want to run dealing with the oil consumption will pass cause the leaks is fixed.

But that not the end of this nightmare, I also found out the Subaru of America sued the Dealership that I bought the car from for filing out positive report that the customers said how great the service and how please they were with this car when they were not please at all, and the owner of at this dealership, made people to lie about the engine and the car by filing reports. With the bad experiences they had received like me. This dealership close its doors and the records of how many times I was there for service was lost along with how many times I complained.

Do you think that when I came back to Subaru of America since I had found a honest mechanic which told me that I needed a engine repair and point all of this problem to me and also told me that this was a common problem with this engine. So the mechanic advise me to return to Subaru dealership and let them know and see how this was going to be handle. I made several call. Got different quotes just to bring it in to be looked at. But finally the dealership of Irvine where most of the repairs and really I am very happy about most of their service but Subaru of America customer people in charge that I was put in contact with has lied to my face over the telephone that there was nothing wrong with these vehicles 2012 to 2016 I think I was told.

But later after a few days the person came back with a offer of 1000 dollars off to help in the repairs of this vehicle, which I was told they was doing me a favor. I was also told that my car never had any reports about oil engine leaks by the person I was dealing with to get this matter resolve and I found out that was not the truth. He was telling me cause the Dealership of Irvine underline that their computer show that the right side was repair for a engine problem and the codes were on the papers showing it needed to be repaired again. But the person never shared that with me and the Corporate America knew of the bad dealing of this dealership where I bought this car and why they went out of business and that they had sued them in court and won.

This is what big company do. They find ways not to hold up to their responsibility or try to find ways to appease the consumer by either showing they have little concerns and honor, so they give as little as possible to maintain higher profit. I wrote back to the gentleman which I was assigned but also email Subaru of America my concerns and I know they should fix my car for free instead of paying a small portion or the other offer was 1000 dollars off of a purchase of a new car from them. Now don't you find this to be a real big joke and insulting to anyone who has been scam by dealerships selling their product telling you that they maintain the highest standards and guarantee doing business as well as warranty of excellents.

I'm still waiting. It's been over a week and no reply from the emails I have sent to all parties not even a phone calls. What is sad is the hours and time spent, researching and being frustrated by employees that are told to lie, not to have compassion, and find any possible way to not honor their commitment. I live in Fountain Valley, I was at the dealership on 10/25/19 customer no. **.

Now that is if Subaru of America or anyone want to check but I feel what needs to be checked is the class action suit claims what was discovery first and the outcome which was addressed and then find out there is a charge by most dealership for about 137.00 dollars just to check to find out and you can't get the consumption test until the repairs are done, which is about 2500 dollars. And that cost is also at the consumer dime, even if the test shows that it is a problem you are still out this large amount of money, but what even more funny is the Company has extended the warranty of this engine to 8 years but the cost is still on the consumers.
Marialice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:02 AM   #3169
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marialice View Post
Links below are facts showing are true facts showing the actions of Subaru Of America
https://www.motortrend.com/news/suba...-oil...⇄ />
htt
ps://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/13/subaru-suing-ca-dealership-false-customer-su...⇄


Bought car from a Subaru dealership that had very bad dealing with taking care of my vehicle, contacted the dealership. It took about a week to to finally get the car repair, when it was repair I notice I could still smell oil burning, I contacted both Dealership and Subaru of America. Made several complaints but nothing was done about it, I was assured that the problem was fixed and it was done right.

I have maintain and service that car, I was told by the dealership and Subaru of America that all was repairs was done correctly and I did notice that the car was losing oil every 3,000 miles but I was told by the dealership that was normal and nothing to worry about. But I was told to maintain the proper oil changes approximate every 3000 miles and since it was a new car and there was free oil change for 2 years I did just that.

Recently I learn that it was not normal about the oil leaking and that this engine in this model car. The Company knew of this problem and had tried to hide it from the consumers to keep a better profit for its shareholders, a class action suit took Subaru of America to court and the details was disclose about the engine losing oil and that the company knew and tried to hide it. The court order them to fix it but I am seeing they are not really living up to the deal made to the courts. What they have done is put in place a scam that makes the consumer to pay for repairs to be able to take the test showing that the engine is faulty which cost about 2500 dollars, but if you fix the problem then the test they want to run dealing with the oil consumption will pass cause the leaks is fixed.

But that not the end of this nightmare, I also found out the Subaru of America sued the Dealership that I bought the car from for filing out positive report that the customers said how great the service and how please they were with this car when they were not please at all, and the owner of at this dealership, made people to lie about the engine and the car by filing reports. With the bad experiences they had received like me. This dealership close its doors and the records of how many times I was there for service was lost along with how many times I complained.

Do you think that when I came back to Subaru of America since I had found a honest mechanic which told me that I needed a engine repair and point all of this problem to me and also told me that this was a common problem with this engine. So the mechanic advise me to return to Subaru dealership and let them know and see how this was going to be handle. I made several call. Got different quotes just to bring it in to be looked at. But finally the dealership of Irvine where most of the repairs and really I am very happy about most of their service but Subaru of America customer people in charge that I was put in contact with has lied to my face over the telephone that there was nothing wrong with these vehicles 2012 to 2016 I think I was told.

But later after a few days the person came back with a offer of 1000 dollars off to help in the repairs of this vehicle, which I was told they was doing me a favor. I was also told that my car never had any reports about oil engine leaks by the person I was dealing with to get this matter resolve and I found out that was not the truth. He was telling me cause the Dealership of Irvine underline that their computer show that the right side was repair for a engine problem and the codes were on the papers showing it needed to be repaired again. But the person never shared that with me and the Corporate America knew of the bad dealing of this dealership where I bought this car and why they went out of business and that they had sued them in court and won.

This is what big company do. They find ways not to hold up to their responsibility or try to find ways to appease the consumer by either showing they have little concerns and honor, so they give as little as possible to maintain higher profit. I wrote back to the gentleman which I was assigned but also email Subaru of America my concerns and I know they should fix my car for free instead of paying a small portion or the other offer was 1000 dollars off of a purchase of a new car from them. Now don't you find this to be a real big joke and insulting to anyone who has been scam by dealerships selling their product telling you that they maintain the highest standards and guarantee doing business as well as warranty of excellents.

I'm still waiting. It's been over a week and no reply from the emails I have sent to all parties not even a phone calls. What is sad is the hours and time spent, researching and being frustrated by employees that are told to lie, not to have compassion, and find any possible way to not honor their commitment. I live in Fountain Valley, I was at the dealership on 10/25/19 customer no. **.

Now that is if Subaru of America or anyone want to check but I feel what needs to be checked is the class action suit claims what was discovery first and the outcome which was addressed and then find out there is a charge by most dealership for about 137.00 dollars just to check to find out and you can't get the consumption test until the repairs are done, which is about 2500 dollars. And that cost is also at the consumer dime, even if the test shows that it is a problem you are still out this large amount of money, but what even more funny is the Company has extended the warranty of this engine to 8 years but the cost is still on the consumers.
Sorry my head started hurting trying to follow this story and I stopped.
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trouble/Warranty Denial Report Thread: Electrical (Lighting, ECU, Sensors, Etc.) North Ursalia Warranty Issues & SOA Problems 141 10-26-2019 01:59 PM
Trouble/Warranty Denial Report Thread: Suspension North Ursalia Warranty Issues & SOA Problems 58 10-19-2019 05:03 PM
Trouble/Warranty Denial Report Thread: Braking System North Ursalia Warranty Issues & SOA Problems 97 09-27-2019 01:46 PM
Trouble/Warranty Denial Report Thread: Body/Exterior of Vehicle North Ursalia Warranty Issues & SOA Problems 146 03-02-2019 01:31 PM
Trouble/Warranty Denial Report Thread: Interior North Ursalia Warranty Issues & SOA Problems 71 11-14-2018 09:18 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.