Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 9, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
banyan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 181013
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ⛵⛵⛵⛵
News Subaru of America, Inc. Reports November 2020 Sales

  • Best-ever November for Crosstrek
  • Seventh consecutive month of 50,000+ vehicle sales in 2020

Subaru of America, Inc. today reported 50,413 vehicle sales for November 2020, an 11.4 percent decrease compared with November 2019. November also marked the seventh consecutive month of 50,000+ vehicle sales for the automaker in 2020.

As the top performing carline by volume, Outback sales increased 3.5 percent in November 2020 compared with the same month a year ago. Crosstrek achieved its best November ever with 12,841 sales, a 23.7 percent increase over the same month in 2019. BRZ posted a 12.2 percent increase, while WRX/STI posted 14.2 percent increase in November.

“In a sales month that was shorter than usual, our retailers rose to the challenge to deliver steady sales during this time of uncertainty,” said Thomas J. Doll, President and CEO, Subaru of America, Inc. “We look forward to the December holiday season and another month of opportunity to deliver the safest, most reliable and family-friendly vehicles on the market.”

“Our Subaru retailers again delivered a successful result and brought us a step closer to exceeding our forecast of 600,000 units this year,” said Jeff Walters, Senior Vice President of Sales. “December car-buyers have an extra incentive to choose Subaru this holiday season thanks to our thirteenth annual Subaru Share the Love® Event. With every new Subaru purchased or leased at participating Subaru retailers nationwide, Subaru will donate $250 to the customer’s choice of charity.”

Following eleven consecutive years of sales records, Subaru reported year-to-date sales of 548,384, a 14 percent decrease compared to the same period in 2019.

https://media.subaru.com/pressreleas...ber-2020-sales
banyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
heavyD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 194216
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vehicle:
2020 X3M Competition

Default

One has to wonder if Subaru in the future just scraps the Impreza and allots that manufacturing to building more Crosstreks. You can already see the next gen Impreza with its SUV hexagonal wheel arches that the Impreza is an afterthought in the design process which makes sense seeing people are buying far more Crosstreks.

Last edited by heavyD; 12-02-2020 at 02:22 PM.
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
subyski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202642
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Vehicle:
08 Impreza,80Vette
68 Impala, 15 SantaFe

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
One has to wonder if Subaru in the future just scraps the Impreza and allots that manufacturing to building more Crosstreks. You can already see the next gen Impreza with its SUV hexagonal wheel arches that the Impreza is an afterthought.
Not knowing the sedan/hatch breakdown, you do wonder how many potential hatch buyers have moved to the Crosstrek. This will be something to watch because now the Crosstrek has a more powerful engine option.

I guess you can say the same about the Legacy. I can't see the Legacy growing sales with so many more competitors offering AWD now. The only unique aspect is you can get the more powerful 2.4DIT in AWD where the competition doesn't off with more powerful engine options.
subyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
ajsti24
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 345666
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2019 S209,GLC43

Default

Forester sales not impressive, we need the DIT turbo engine! Bring back forester XT! Hello SOA!
ajsti24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #5
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
95 Sambar 06 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsti24 View Post
Forester sales not impressive, we need the DIT turbo engine! Bring back forester XT! Hello SOA!
Forester sales are down because Crosstrek 2.5 sales.....

I suspect SBR isn't at full capacity and that's why the Forester suffers for the Crosstrek.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #6
SoDealer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67960
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post
Forester sales are down because Crosstrek 2.5 sales.....

I suspect SBR isn't at full capacity and that's why the Forester suffers for the Crosstrek.
That's false, there's no inventory of Forester and Foresters are still selling faster than Crosstrek. Correlation does not equal causation.
SoDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:44 PM   #7
SoDealer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67960
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4S-TURBO View Post
Downward Ascent
Inventory issue. Cars.com shows there are less Ascents in inventory than Imprezas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsti24 View Post
Forester sales not impressive, we need the DIT turbo engine! Bring back forester XT! Hello SOA!
Once again, Inventory issue. I called this out awhile back that Forester was going to hit this wall because of inventory. Forester inventory is half of Crosstrek and half of Outback for a vehicle that outsells both. The question is when will Subaru catch up on production.
SoDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:22 PM   #8
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: por\\and
Vehicle:
V^V justrememberall
capswhenuspellyomansname

Default

Downward Ascent
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #9
b4wantab
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21293
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Oak Park, IL
Vehicle:
05 OB Black Bean
1969 W-30

Default

Hey between you two did SOA ever publish their profitability for 2019?

Peace,

Greg
b4wantab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #10
subyski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202642
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Vehicle:
08 Impreza,80Vette
68 Impala, 15 SantaFe

Default

So, if indeed Forester allocation is going to the Crosstrek 2.5 due to 2.5L engine inventory, do you think there's a "shortage" because of the ramp up of the 1.8DIT?
subyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #11
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
95 Sambar 06 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDealer View Post
That goes both ways. When have I ever been wrong? And you have been wrong in the past and I've called you out for it. And quite frankly, your argument makes zero sense and isn't believable. And what you didn't account for...Gunma vs Yajima.



I told you my source. I can't share it, cause I didn't record the conference call. And when have I been wrong about something I said about Subaru?



What does Gunma vs Yajima have to do with it? Which one makes the USDM cars maybe?



Just cause YOU don't believe it doesn't make it not true. They said that Forester production was being cut for Crosstrek. The following months saw a decline in Forester inventory. If they didn't cut production, then there would be a "normal" inventory level of Foresters and not a declining one while Crosstrek sales increase and inventory levels stay more than Forester. Forester sells faster than Crosstrek? They sold nearly 20,000 earlier in the year. Since the Crosstrek 2.5 came out, sales and, as you say, inventory started slipping until last month where Crosstrek beat Forester and Forester apparently has half the inventory? Seems pretty straight forward.


And you are still challenging with just your own conjecture and "it doesn't make sense" when this site constantly complains how Subaru does things they don't think make sense.


Please. Answer my question before. Why do you think Forester inventory has slipped and sales fallen while Crosstrek inventory has increased AND sales increased?
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:28 PM   #12
SoDealer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67960
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post
I told you my source. I can't share it, cause I didn't record the conference call. And when have I been wrong about something I said about Subaru?



What does Gunma vs Yajima have to do with it? Which one makes the USDM cars maybe?



Just cause YOU don't believe it doesn't make it not true. They said that Forester production was being cut for Crosstrek. The following months saw a decline in Forester inventory. If they didn't cut production, then there would be a "normal" inventory level of Foresters and not a declining one while Crosstrek sales increase and inventory levels stay more than Forester. Forester sells faster than Crosstrek? They sold nearly 20,000 earlier in the year. Since the Crosstrek 2.5 came out, sales and, as you say, inventory started slipping until last month where Crosstrek beat Forester and Forester apparently has half the inventory? Seems pretty straight forward.


And you are still challenging with just your own conjecture and "it doesn't make sense" when this site constantly complains how Subaru does things they don't think make sense.


Please. Answer my question before. Why do you think Forester inventory has slipped and sales fallen while Crosstrek inventory has increased AND sales increased?
Wait, which month was this?
SoDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:05 PM   #13
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
95 Sambar 06 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDealer View Post
Wait, which month was this?

Ever since the Crosstrek Sport/Limiteds hit the ground in August, Forester sales started dropping AND inventory started to fade, while Crosstrek sales began increasing along with inventory. That conference call I'm referring to was the September one I believe.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.