Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 15, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #1701
ericdet
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327563
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2018 Civic Type R
CW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Finally got the PW Verticooler installed. Got a retune from Ron and this is the final map. Feels pretty good.

https://datazap.me/u/orochi/phatron-...a=3-8-11-26-30
Looks solid to me. Always good work from Ron.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ericdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #1702
Chuckable
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 447566
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
White

Default

https://datazap.me/u/chuckable/log-1516658251

Doing an updated tune with some change in parts and a new tuner who seems awesome so far. Still early in the process. Any feedback?
Chuckable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #1703
gn4rwhals
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 453427
Join Date: Aug 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckable View Post
https://datazap.me/u/chuckable/log-1516658251

Doing an updated tune with some change in parts and a new tuner who seems awesome so far. Still early in the process. Any feedback?
It looks pretty good so far, whos tuning it?
gn4rwhals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:13 PM   #1704
Chuckable
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 447566
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
White

Default

Ron Watson
Chuckable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:16 PM   #1705
Chuckable
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 447566
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn4rwhals View Post
It looks pretty good so far, whos tuning it?


Oops you looked at the log I mistakenly posted before editing. Please look at the corrected post. Thanks!
Chuckable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #1706
mishapopa
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 393629
Join Date: Jun 2014
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckable View Post
https://datazap.me/u/chuckable/log-1516658251

Doing an updated tune with some change in parts and a new tuner who seems awesome so far. Still early in the process. Any feedback?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckable View Post
Ron Watson
you're in good hands
mishapopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #1707
Chuckable
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 447566
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
White

Default

Thatís what everyone says. Appreciate the feedback.
Chuckable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:40 AM   #1708
ericdet
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327563
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2018 Civic Type R
CW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckable View Post
https://datazap.me/u/chuckable/log-1516658251

Doing an updated tune with some change in parts and a new tuner who seems awesome so far. Still early in the process. Any feedback?
Looks pretty good to me.
ericdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:37 PM   #1709
Aherna00
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478711
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
WRB. E85.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxlaunch View Post
Doesn't this seem a bit lean?
Aherna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #1710
GlarryHoodDIT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 460907
Join Date: Jan 2017
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2016 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aherna00 View Post
Doesn't this seem a bit lean?
Not with the amount of Ethanol. But that fueling line could use a little cleaning up. It's Botti so there's little to worry about.
GlarryHoodDIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #1711
Aherna00
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478711
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
WRB. E85.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlarryHoodDIT View Post
Not with the amount of Ethanol. But that fueling line could use a little cleaning up. It's Botti so there's little to worry about.
Gotcha. So with e50+ blends you can run the AFR to the 12.5-13.0 range? why is that? Just the amount of knock resistance the ethanol offers?
Aherna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:07 PM   #1712
GlarryHoodDIT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 460907
Join Date: Jan 2017
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2016 WRX

Default

12.5 is usually the leanest that will be targeted, the tune is still being revised so I bet that fueling line will be more consistent when it's done. Impossible to know what's being targeted without him logging Closed Loop Fueling Target. But his tuner knows what the target is so that's why it's not logged.

Ethanol has such a higher octane than pump gas, in addition to cooling properties that keep cylinder temperatures and pressure down. E85 is like 105 Octane, E60 is about 100 Octane and E50 is about 98 Octane.

I know Phatron (1/2 of PhatBotti) caps all of his tunes power-wise at E50, but I don't know about Botti. Either way he's looking at about 98-99 Octane.

Higher octane = more knock resistance, + ethanol's cooling it's even better.
GlarryHoodDIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:10 PM   #1713
Aherna00
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478711
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
WRB. E85.

Default

Thanks for the great info
Aherna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #1714
ericdet
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327563
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2018 Civic Type R
CW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aherna00 View Post
Doesn't this seem a bit lean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aherna00 View Post
Gotcha. So with e50+ blends you can run the AFR to the 12.5-13.0 range? why is that? Just the amount of knock resistance the ethanol offers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlarryHoodDIT View Post
12.5 is usually the leanest that will be targeted, the tune is still being revised so I bet that fueling line will be more consistent when it's done. Impossible to know what's being targeted without him logging Closed Loop Fueling Target. But his tuner knows what the target is so that's why it's not logged.

Ethanol has such a higher octane than pump gas, in addition to cooling properties that keep cylinder temperatures and pressure down. E85 is like 105 Octane, E60 is about 100 Octane and E50 is about 98 Octane.

I know Phatron (1/2 of PhatBotti) caps all of his tunes power-wise at E50, but I don't know about Botti. Either way he's looking at about 98-99 Octane.

Higher octane = more knock resistance, + ethanol's cooling it's even better.
Like Glary said above, 12.5 is usually the leanest you will see targeted. 12-12.2 on E50+ is normal. This log doesn't have crazy amounts of timing up top so he probably has a little leeway. My car would run 12.0-12.1 with 2-9 degrees more timing throughout the pull on E60.

Also keep in mind 12.0 Ethanol is a lot more fuel than 12.0 Gas stoich.
ericdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #1715
_brian_
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 337626
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas, Texas
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _brian_ View Post
a few weeks ago my charge pipe popped off on track. ever since then i've been getting more -1.41 FKL/FBK than before at WOT. today i went through all the clamps and tightened/adjusted the intercooler. still seeing knock :/

https://datazap.me/u/brian/street-dr...&data=11-15-22

I've also had some weird -8 to -11 FBK numbers that I haven't seen before show up when driving around. No logs of those though.
update on this. i was getting -1.41 every time I went WOT and all around town. my strut top nuts were loose and one of the clips on my intake scoop broke earlier in the year and I never fixed it so I replaced that. so one or both of those two things fixed my phantom knock... now i'm knock free again.
_brian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 PM   #1716
undyjr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 459692
Join Date: Dec 2016
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Hampton Roads Va
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
pure red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _brian_ View Post
update on this. i was getting -1.41 every time I went WOT and all around town. my strut top nuts were loose and one of the clips on my intake scoop broke earlier in the year and I never fixed it so I replaced that. so one or both of those two things fixed my phantom knock... now i'm knock free again.
Congratulations. I too know the anxiety of WOT knock. I finally found someone to figure out my weird MAF scaling.
undyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:46 PM   #1717
undyjr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 459692
Join Date: Dec 2016
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Hampton Roads Va
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
pure red

Default

undyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #1718
undyjr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 459692
Join Date: Dec 2016
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Hampton Roads Va
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
pure red

Default

Paging Mr Eric, you have a datalog at the front desk....
undyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #1719
sth36
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 449914
Join Date: Jun 2016
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Vehicle:
2016 WRX, Stg 2, FF
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undyjr View Post
What are your mods?
sth36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #1720
undyjr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 459692
Join Date: Dec 2016
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Hampton Roads Va
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
pure red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sth36 View Post
What are your mods?
Built shortblock, Killer Bee fury turbo kit with a GTX3071R gen 2, Perrin header, Cobb big sf intake, both deletes and Snow Performance water meth port injection.
undyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #1721
sth36
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 449914
Join Date: Jun 2016
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Vehicle:
2016 WRX, Stg 2, FF
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undyjr View Post
Built shortblock, Killer Bee fury turbo kit with a GTX3071R gen 2, Perrin header, Cobb big sf intake, both deletes and Snow Performance water meth port injection.
Quite a unique setup. Hopefully Eric can hook you up with an analysis. I have about zero experience with meth
sth36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #1722
undyjr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 459692
Join Date: Dec 2016
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Hampton Roads Va
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
pure red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sth36 View Post
Quite a unique setup. Hopefully Eric can hook you up with an analysis. I have about zero experience with meth
Thanks for looking
undyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #1723
ericdet
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327563
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2018 Civic Type R
CW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undyjr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by undyjr View Post
Paging Mr Eric, you have a datalog at the front desk....
Well it looks like you finally went to FTCL. Lol. Holding 20psi @37 degrees is moving some serious air. Obviously the MAF is scalled down to compensate. This is the first really clean run I've seen from your car.

Looks good to me. I bet it rails. Wait until the weather warms up and see what that boost hits. Lol.

WGDC......... 0% What spring do you have in the gates? 1.5 Bar?
ericdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #1724
undyjr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 459692
Join Date: Dec 2016
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Hampton Roads Va
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
pure red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdet View Post
Well it looks like you finally went to FTCL. Lol. Holding 20psi @37 degrees is moving some serious air. Obviously the MAF is scalled down to compensate. This is the first really clean run I've seen from your car.

Looks good to me. I bet it rails. Wait until the weather warms up and see what that boost hits. Lol.

WGDC......... 0% What spring do you have in the gates? 1.5 Bar?
To my knowledge They have 14# springs in them. My break in tune limited me to 14#s. This is the first revision with the meth, then we go flex fuel and finally MS109. Turns out my catch cans and the sketchy hoses/fittings were the source of most of my MAF scaling woes.
undyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #1725
gn4rwhals
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 453427
Join Date: Aug 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Mishimoto cans?

I think you posted before that the hoses and fitting were garbage.
gn4rwhals is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.