Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday June 6, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Vancouver Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC > VIC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-02-2020, 01:56 AM   #1
grey wolf
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 465431
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2002 JDM V7 STI
WRB

Default Panasonic Toughbook CF-52 and Tactrix Openport 2.0

I got this computer and the Tactrix to help diagnose and for tuning my car, but I sold the car a few months back. I only really used it once to test out the Tactrix and see what kind of live data I could read with ROM Raider, which is already installed and working. If you don't know, ROM Raider can be a bit of a hassle to get installed and running, so at least you won't have to worry about doing that. I'm not much of a computer guy, so it was a hassle for me at least, but yeah, it's working.

The computer I got from a guy who reconditions older model Toughbooks exclusively. These things are great for use in a shop, they can take plenty of abuse and everything is easily replaceable. The hard drive, battery, pretty much all the hardware can be swapped out in a matter of seconds! The police use these in their cruisers. This one is a CF-52, which is an older model, but it is more than enough for running ROM Raider and other software you might want to use for tuning other cars as well. I got no personal info on this thing, literally the only thing I did with it was install ROM Raider and plug it into my car to make sure it all worked. I can't remember the exact specs, but if I remember correct it has 4GB RAM, 300GB hard drive, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz processor. It also has Windows 7 ultimate edition. The battery is still in good condition. Wifi doesn't work, but the guy gave me a USB device that serves as a wifi connection. Like I said, I'm not a computer guy, let alone a windows computer guy (I'm used to MacOS). Come take a look at it, and if it will work for you, great! If not, no big deal. It's just sitting collecting dust in my locker at work right now.

The Tactrix Openport is the 2.0 model. Comes with all the Subaru and Mitsubishi connectors for reprogramming. It's literally all the hardware that Tactrix sells. New in box. Like I mentioned above, I only used it once to see what kind of live data I could read in my car.

The computer cost me $700, and the Tactrix setup was over $200 after the $USD conversion rate and shipping. Looking for $750, or best offer.

I also have a few other tools for Subarus, the Company 23 crank pulley removal tool and their cam holding tool for doing timing belts on EJ motors, all brand new and never used. I really thought I was going to keep that car, so I bought a bunch of stuff thinking I would use it one day.

Last edited by grey wolf; 01-12-2020 at 02:50 AM. Reason: More info about the computer
grey wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #2
grey wolf
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 JDM V7 STI
WRB

Incase you read this post earlier, I was wrong about some of the specs on the computer. I updated the original post, but the vital info is that it actually has a 300 GB hard drive, and the Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz processor. Just powered it up today and got the actual specs off of it.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:49 AM   #3
grey wolf
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 JDM V7 STI
WRB

Old 01-23-2020, 11:02 PM   #4
grey wolf
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 JDM V7 STI
WRB

still for sale...

Also have a couple of tools and a timing belt guide from Company 23, all brand new and unused. Also a custom made clutch line designed for JDM STI, joins the clutch master direct to the slave, eliminating any bypass or delay valves, or excessive lines, or whatever else. Should help improve pedal feel. My old STI had a bunch of extra crap between the master and slave, so I planned to eliminate all of it with this, but never got around to installing it. Might also work on other cars too. Check my craigslist links for the other stuff!

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch...051963468.html

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch...056899559.html

Please reply to my craigslist ad if you are interested in anything, as I don't come on NASIOC very much if at all these days...
Old 03-15-2020, 06:41 PM   #5
1roamingnome
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 494310

PM'd!!!!!
1roamingnome is offline   Reply With Quote