Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday November 28, 2022
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-24-2022, 09:23 PM   #1
psst
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 387621
Default 2015 Impreza preventive maintenance questions

My daughter is going to moving out of state for college and taking the 2015 Impreza CVT w/ 60,000 miles.
Usually do most/all of car repairs myself and wanted to take care of as many things as possible before she leaves since I won’t have access to the car for 2-3 years.
I have already replaced the usual…... brakes & fluid, oil & filter, air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs and battery, light bulbs, tires, wipers.
What else do you think I should do preventively?
Any problem areas I should look at?
Water pump?
Drive belt?
Trans fluid?
Diff. fluid?

Thanks in advance!
psst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2022, 09:24 AM   #2
IHaveAHorse
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507873

If the accessory belt has never been replaced, they're cheap, can't hurt.

Differential fluid, if it's been done in like the past ~20k miles it's probably fine to last quite a while. CVT fluid is fine to ~100k generally but if you really want to do a couple drain and fills with Valvoline or Castrol CVT it wouldn't hurt, since only about half the fluid comes out each time I'd do it at least twice, with a bit of driving between. Three if you really wanna be thorough.

Check suspension stuff, make sure CV boots look like they're in good condition, no fluid leaking from dampers, etc. Take a drive on a nice quiet road, like maybe a newly paved one if you can, and listen for anything else would be my last suggestion. Always might be able to hear a bad wheel bearing or other minor issues if there are any.

That's just what all I'd do, there may be other stuff I didn't think of that people suggest.
IHaveAHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:50 AM   #3
psst
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 387621

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll do the belt, diff. & trans fluid.
I'll also take it to a local shop and have them put it on the lift and checkout the suspension too.
Thanks again!
psst is offline   Reply With Quote