Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #201
delongedoug
Scooby Guru

Member#: 124113
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
Pura vida!
Yellow V standing by

Meanwhile, Korea and India were purposefully built for F1 and scrapped after 4 and 3 years, respectively. They failed for different reasons but it's super frustrating as a fan to watch these insanely expensive race tracks get built and abandoned, only to be replaced by yet another a cobbled together street race that is a case of "We did what we could with what we had to work with."

Unpopular opinion: Baku is an awful race every single year.

Hopefully once all of these Bernie deals expire, we can get tracks like Turkey and Malaysia back on the calendar.
delongedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #202
torquemada
Scooby Guru

Member#: 128484
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2006 EDM WRX STI
WRB

I hated Baku, but I have to admit, I hate Hungary and Monaco even more. I made my peace with Baku, itīs better than Melbourne, and it is the best street course in the F1 calendar.

And we donīt see the other tracks coming back; these people learned the hard way that they canīt make money with a F1 race, in fact they lost millions of dollars with every race.
torquemada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM   #203
delongedoug
Scooby Guru

Member#: 124113
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
Pura vida!
Yellow V standing by

Yeah, Hungary is a deceptive one. Great track to qualify on, not great for racing because it's so hard to pass. Although we had a good bit of action there the past few years.

Baku is a diceroll which makes it interesting because it's up to chance but not fun to watch a safety car called on the 2nd corner after being released from the previous safety car. Yes, it mixes things up but in a negative way. A rain race mixes things up but in a positive way.

Maybe it's a pipe dream but I'd like to see those axed tracks get a more favorable deal with Liberty and return to the calendar. I guess that's unlikely they'll return compared to a foolish new city that thinks bringing F1 will make them money. There will always be another one of those.

Last edited by delongedoug; Yesterday at 07:11 PM. Reason: wordz y0
delongedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #204
torquemada
Scooby Guru

Member#: 128484
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2006 EDM WRX STI
WRB

with rain, every race track will show us good race action, despite the F1 donīt race in the rain anymore...I have hope that the successor of Charlie Whiting isnīt as overcautious as Charlie was.
torquemada is offline   Reply With Quote