Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #1
ltapawan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 318332
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Blue

Default Buying a used 2004 WRX wagon - looking for advice

I'm sure this kind of thing gets posted up a lot here, so I'm hoping you guys can provide me some input.

I'm looking into buying a WR Blue 2004 WRX wagon (manual) from a used car lot. This used car lot sells a lot of subaru's and have positive reviews from what I gathered. The current mileage of the car is at 113,100. According to the carfax it had 1 owner. I looked at and test drove the car today and it looked really clean inside and out. The 1 owner thing really shows. The steering was solid and tight, braking was good, shifting was fine, and overall drove solidly. The person who showed me the car had mentioned that the timing belt and waterpump was recently done. My only gripe was that the clutch felt like it was something that would need to be addressed sometime down the road.

All this said, the used car lot is asking $10,995. He said he was willing to let it go for $10,000 not including sales tax + licensing fees.

So my question is I guess is whether the car is worth it at that price-point. Is the going price too high? What's a good price point to aim for? Any other concerns I should worry about in buying 100,000+ miles '04 WRX?

Thanks in advance for the input.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #2
ltapawan
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Blue

Also - I would post the posting/ad for the car here, but I'm not entirely sure about the forum rules regarding that. lol
Old 02-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
Exit 37
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 475618
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
World Rally Blue

I paid 12k for my CA owned/registered 06 WRX wagon with 135k miles, bone stock 3 years ago. Just going off my experience, it sounds like that seller is highballing.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
ltapawan
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Blue

Yea, this one is bone-stock as well.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:21 AM   #5
Kahres05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 131451
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 &2019 WRX
2017 MX5-RF-LE

I'm the original owner of a 2005 wrx wagon which I purchased brand new. I have not modified the car at all besides the audio which I could go back completely stock it I wanted to. If everything he's telling you is true as far as only one owner, no modifications and everything checks out. That would make it great find and I understand why he would be charging a premium for it. If the car was modified in any way that would drive down the price of the car considerably. I'm approaching 160K and I have complete trust in the car; it has been very reliable and can take a beating. The only major fix I have done to car was I replaced the radiator and that was my fault for not measuring the quality of the antifreeze freeze point. In all honesty if the car needed something major like a new engine...I might consider fixing the car just because there is nothing complicated with this generation and it's been so dependable and fun to own. If you really like the car, I would see what KBB says and go in there with your best offer. KKB suggests $5,100 to $7,300 in excellent condition for private party sale. So yes, 10K is really high but finding an unmolested WRX in this generation is a tough find.
Closed Thread