Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 21, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Alaskan Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #2526
Scappy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367840
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza Coupe
Primer Grey

Default

How much should I pay for a stock 02 wrx rear sway bar and drivers side front seat?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #2527
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 22923
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: above 8000 rpm!
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scappy View Post
How much should I pay for a stock 02 wrx rear sway bar and drivers side front seat?
I would say $50 and no more for stock sways. I have some for sale at those prices too.

The seat has a lot to do with condition. If it is in superb shape that can range from $100-250. It would depend on if seat belt receptor and slide rails came with it too.
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #2528
Marlons101
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 137569
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: East SIDE! of anchorage
Vehicle:
WRX Twinscroll
Dez in yo mouth!

Default

If you charged me for a stock swaybar. We wouldn't be friends anymore. Lol
Marlons101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #2529
Akrexak
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 100607
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Offutt, NE
Vehicle:
2019 STI-His
14 XT-Hers

Default

Well its kinda crazy with the Gov shutdown Im still sad panda about not being able to order a 2014 STi.
Here is hoping the 2015 STi is crazy awesome *chugging a beer*.


Akrexak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #2530
AKSubie
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6214
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Wasilly
Vehicle:
01.5 Audi S4
www.motorsportsalaska.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrexak View Post
Well its kinda crazy with the Gov shutdown Im still sad panda about not being able to order a 2014 STi.
Here is hoping the 2015 STi is crazy awesome *chugging a beer*
Well... when you can't stick to a budget, let alone PASS (make) one, yet continue to borrow more money ... it was bound to happen.

2015 STI will have higher ground clearance, bull guard, smaller windows, more of an "All-terrain" tire, LED light bars and large whip antenna's. Oh, and ~350hp with a Diff locker LOL
AKSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #2531
cosseywrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 276443
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Abilene, TX
Vehicle:
2005 2.1 stroker WRX
OBP

Default

So glad i sew on Staff tomorrow. Be lucky to get my first e5 paycheck on the 15th. Plus i PCS in
cosseywrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #2532
cosseywrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 276443
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Abilene, TX
Vehicle:
2005 2.1 stroker WRX
OBP

Default

So glad i sew on Staff tomorrow. Be lucky to get my first e5 paycheck on the 15th. Plus i PCS in 3 weeks!!
cosseywrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #2533
TheRedBarron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353434
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosseywrx View Post
So glad i sew on Staff tomorrow. Be lucky to get my first e5 paycheck on the 15th. Plus i PCS in 3 weeks!!
were you at the promotion ceremony today? Congrats btw. I'm hoping to sew on sometime next spring
TheRedBarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #2534
Scappy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367840
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza Coupe
Primer Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgene View Post
I would say $50 and no more for stock sways. I have some for sale at those prices too.

The seat has a lot to do with condition. If it is in superb shape that can range from $100-250. It would depend on if seat belt receptor and slide rails came with it too.
Well seat I'm still waiting to see current condition, rear sway I am picking up for $30


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlons101 View Post
If you charged me for a stock swaybar. We wouldn't be friends anymore. Lol

If you know anyone giving away any, please let me know as I'm building on a tight budget.
Scappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #2535
cosseywrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 276443
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Abilene, TX
Vehicle:
2005 2.1 stroker WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron View Post
were you at the promotion ceremony today? Congrats btw. I'm hoping to sew on sometime next spring
Im at Eielson. I was last Friday
cosseywrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #2536
Akrexak
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 100607
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Offutt, NE
Vehicle:
2019 STI-His
14 XT-Hers

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron View Post
were you at the promotion ceremony today? Congrats btw. I'm hoping to sew on sometime next spring
I showed up as a promotee, wasn't on the list so I left.
Akrexak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #2537
cosseywrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 276443
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Abilene, TX
Vehicle:
2005 2.1 stroker WRX
OBP

Default

Lucky
cosseywrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #2538
SLDWYS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 58877
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: RAGE, AK
Vehicle:
Yes Lifted
Moon purple

Default

SLDWYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #2539
BLURRZ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291227
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
PSM

Default

So I needed to borrow my dad's van and he used my car to go to work. He brings my car back with a full tank of gas. At first I thought it was pretty cool of him to get me gas. But then I realized he probably doesn't know that my car runs only on 90 octane..I ask him what kind of gas he put in and he says regular 87. I also gave him a little talk about why my car only does 90 octane. But I still thanked him for gassing it up for me.

Should I be worried? I was just about to gas up before I went to work today so I had just about half a quarter gallon left.
BLURRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #2540
Scappy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367840
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza Coupe
Primer Grey

Default

just throw some octane booster in the tank if your worried.
Scappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #2541
MrRicH
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 150452
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2016 Subaru WRX STi
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Had the same issue before once too when the wife tried helping. I just poured some Torco in, and did a few launch/breaks to mix it around, tried staying off boost as well. She ended up surviving. I doubt you'll have issues if you do similar.
MrRicH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #2542
BLURRZ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291227
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
PSM

Default

Alright I'll go ahead and get some Torco! Thanks for the quick responses guys I really appreciate it.
BLURRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #2543
MrRicH
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 150452
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2016 Subaru WRX STi
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Guess I'll hit up Subaru for a idle valve gasket and see if that works. Seems through some research that looks to be the way to go, unfortunately I guess I'm the only one I know with the issue going on.
Explains odd idle behavior though, sometimes out of nowhere the car will idle at 1-1.5k, so, maybe it's about time it gets replaced...
MrRicH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #2544
P3Auto
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 241881
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: 907-355-6655 text or phone
Vehicle:
2014 P3 Import Auto
AWD Dyno, Mods, etc

Default

Drive it normal (no hard acceleration) until the fuel is gone. It won't hurt a thing if you keep your foot out of it. The car is more then capable of pulling some timing on its own if it needs to. ** Just don't drive it hard until the tank is used up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLURRZ View Post
So I needed to borrow my dad's van and he used my car to go to work. He brings my car back with a full tank of gas. At first I thought it was pretty cool of him to get me gas. But then I realized he probably doesn't know that my car runs only on 90 octane..I ask him what kind of gas he put in and he says regular 87. I also gave him a little talk about why my car only does 90 octane. But I still thanked him for gassing it up for me.

Should I be worried? I was just about to gas up before I went to work today so I had just about half a quarter gallon left.
P3Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #2545
P3Auto
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 241881
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: 907-355-6655 text or phone
Vehicle:
2014 P3 Import Auto
AWD Dyno, Mods, etc

Default

Not sure on the year of the car but if it has a cable for throttle make sure it is adjusted properly. I have seen this a dozen times with cables that are tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRicH View Post
Guess I'll hit up Subaru for a idle valve gasket and see if that works. Seems through some research that looks to be the way to go, unfortunately I guess I'm the only one I know with the issue going on.
Explains odd idle behavior though, sometimes out of nowhere the car will idle at 1-1.5k, so, maybe it's about time it gets replaced...
P3Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #2546
MrRicH
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 150452
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2016 Subaru WRX STi
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3Auto View Post
Not sure on the year of the car but if it has a cable for throttle make sure it is adjusted properly. I have seen this a dozen times with cables that are tight.
The high idle from time to time is just icing the cake, but on a start, the car turns over immediately, but drops down to 50-100RPM and then gently comes up to 500. Mostly upon a cold start. ClubWRX and some NASIOC opinions lean on this gasket. Was just looking for local 2nd opinions. Wouldn't hurt anyway as the gasket is only $6.
MrRicH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #2547
tribalwrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32993
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: anchorage,alaska
Vehicle:
vf39 Best trap 110
Best ET 12.51 Dale tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRicH View Post

The high idle from time to time is just icing the cake, but on a start, the car turns over immediately, but drops down to 50-100RPM and then gently comes up to 500. Mostly upon a cold start. ClubWRX and some NASIOC opinions lean on this gasket. Was just looking for local 2nd opinions. Wouldn't hurt anyway as the gasket is only $6.
The screw heads on those are relatively soft so if they have never came loose before becareful not strip them out. I've changed those gaskets out a couple times already.
tribalwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #2548
cosseywrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 276443
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Abilene, TX
Vehicle:
2005 2.1 stroker WRX
OBP

Default

I still have my bounce idle at cold start at times. Ive cleaned my iacv and replaced gasket and still have problems.

I think my iacv is just done. 05 wrx dbc
cosseywrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #2549
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

Released today, think I might buy it.

http://vimeo.com/ondemand/estd
exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #2550
_davin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 260501
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2003 miata SE
Blurple

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exogen View Post
Released today, think I might buy it.

http://vimeo.com/ondemand/estd
Is there a way to watch it other than vimeo?

Watched a couple of Top Gear US episodes recently, the one about Alaskan convertibles was stupid but the one about rallying had some cool footage at the very least. I can't believe Subaru let Tanner barrow Higgins's rally car.
_davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2024 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission
Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.