Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
durid
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309397
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i

Default Impreza 2.0i

Just bought my first Subaru after years of runing VW's. I started with the 2.0i engine and was wondering if there are parts/mods to give it a good boost to power. I can't find any SPT parts yet. Any advice is appreciated.

Alos, I apologize if this is a repeat thread.. I did search for a while, I promise.
durid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
leecea
Scooby Guru

Member#: 37359
Vehicle:
2003 WRX

The 2.0i engine is brand new this year and has been designed to give the base Impreza a huge jump in fuel economy, so it can match other cars in that class. The trade-off is a reduction in power from the 2011 base model 2.5i.

I have a 2012 Ford Focus with very similar power and fuel consumption numbers and I know it doesn't pack much punch, but it's pleasant to drive and very cheap to run.

The good news is that you bought a great car but, on the flip side, you did not buy a performance car.

I think it will be very difficult to get useful power gains from that engine. Realistically, SPT parts like their intake and exhaust don't really add much power even on the older engines, so my suggestion is to enjoy the car as it is
leecea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
PAO56
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 304676
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Ltd 5DR
Deep Cherry Pearl

if you wanted a performance car..then the WRX/STI should have been your choice...as mentioned above the 2.0 is designed for fuel economy and not overall raw performance.....its designed to maximize its power vs economy......you probably will not see any bolt on performance items for this engine....
PAO56 is offline   Reply With Quote