Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-10-2018, 07:22 AM   #1
Andrew2166
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 479808
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 Impreza wrx 2.0
Grey

Default p0103 cel help

Hello, i recently put a lot of mods on my car, including a custom CAI that goes out the front of my passenger side fog light back up to my turbo inlet 3"tubing on my ej205 2002 2.0l wrx... i got my car tuned for a bss map, everything running good. Then i floored it yesterday, car started cutting out and CEL came on with P0103, car immediately started idleing ****ty, would not accel for crap... sooo i had a spare MAF (ebay brand) it seemed to work at first start up, but when i would go to drive the car, same thing would happen only the ebay one would accel at all... CEL came back on, on that MAF also...we had heavy rain the day before. My car was parked in my garage...i just would find it hard that both MAF sensors are bad, but then again the ebay one i wouldnt be surprised... anyone have any suggestions on what it could be? Im going to go out today and start her up and see if it will do the same thing.
Andrew2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
fleezy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 436768
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Silver

i had this issue on my GTI; WOT caused the car to bog down, eventually couldn't get it started. turned out ****ty grounds caused the injectors to open wide like they were at the dentist filling my cylinders with fuel.
fleezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
Andrew2166
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 Impreza wrx 2.0
Grey

Hmmm i moved one of my grounds to the other intake manifold side, but my car was running fine. Ot through the CEL during a shift, which what makes me believe it hit the MAF limit. But immediately my idle was rough and car would bog on WOT, upon further inspection the bottom side of my throttle body tube felt like it slipped off or had a slit. So i replaced that and cleaned my MAF sensor its veen raining here, so i need to wait till tomorrow to see if its fixed i cant post pics or i would show u the location of my intake
Old 03-20-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
Andrew2166
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 Impreza wrx 2.0
Grey

Any update on this? Cause i have a rich tune for a base map...decent upgrades, bigger injectors, custom cai going to fog light... WoT cause same issue...cel p0103, so im wondering, could a rich tune be causing this?
Old 03-20-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
Samurai Jack
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21145
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Enemy of Aku

Base maps are just that - a base map. They are not intended to allow you to drive the car hard.

Point of a base map is to allow you to drive the car in a reasonable manner until such time you go for a real tune.

Impossible to tell anything when you say " i recently put a lot of mods on my car, including a custom CAI '.

This tells us nothing about your set-up. Could be anything from you are causing your own issue by romping around on a base tune to the addition of the CAI to anything in between.
Samurai Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:18 AM   #6
Andrew2166
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 Impreza wrx 2.0
Grey

16g turbo, cai worked to fog light postiton, fmic 2.5", 565 inject, 250lph walboro fuel pump, silicone inlet, pnp tgv deletes, pnp oem intake manifold, pnp throttle body, a/c delete,fullexhaust header back straight pipe... sorry just figured the only culprit couldve been the intake or maf
Old 03-20-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
Andrew2166
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 Impreza wrx 2.0
Grey

And a aftermarket dual port bov...btw its a 4EAT
Old 03-20-2018, 12:43 PM   #8
Samurai Jack
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21145
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Enemy of Aku

16G turbo, 565cc injectors, 255lph Walbro fuel pump, silicone turbo inlet, PnP stuff - all pretty standard

I would have gone larger injectors
FMIC will add lag and really not necessary for a 16G
Full catless exhaust? Hope you don't mind losing your hearing

All the above look fairly normal.
Along with the FMIC, you don't need a CAI
Why a dual-port BOV? You don't need it and the OEM BOV works perfectly fine.

Issues look related to the following, in no particular order:
1. CAI
2. Dual port BOV
3. Base tune

I'd dump the CAI
I'd dump the dual-port BOV and go back to OEM
I'd get a real tune

It's your car and do whatever you want with it but CAIs and non-OEM BOVs have always shown to be culprits.
Samurai Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #9
Andrew2166
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 Impreza wrx 2.0
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
16G turbo, 565cc injectors, 255lph Walbro fuel pump, silicone turbo inlet, PnP stuff - all pretty standard

I would have gone larger injectors
FMIC will add lag and really not necessary for a 16G
Full catless exhaust? Hope you don't mind losing your hearing

All the above look fairly normal.
Along with the FMIC, you don't need a CAI
Why a dual-port BOV? You don't need it and the OEM BOV works perfectly fine.

Issues look related to the following, in no particular order:
1. CAI
2. Dual port BOV
3. Base tune

I'd dump the CAI
I'd dump the dual-port BOV and go back to OEM
I'd get a real tune

It's your car and do whatever you want with it but CAIs and non-OEM BOVs have always shown to be culprits.
I rerouted my cai and made it a short ram air, no difference in driveabilitt. And i can block off the dual port and make it full recirc like oem, just adjustable, i grabbed cause thought i need with fmic, and im thinking its an overboosting issue, theirs no pill in there anymore and i jimmy rigged something to give it alittle restriction... IMO it hot 16.5psi way too fast like some 3500rpms WOT and would hang rev sometimes...tomorrow im going to put a single consistent hose diameter in, that came with the 16g turbo. For the portion of the boost line where the pill WAS on the hose and and see if that will help clear it up. It will male the boost line from wastegate to compressor housing same diameter
Think that overboosting could be a possible culprit?