Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 18, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-24-2004, 07:56 PM   #1
Chim
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 55131
Vehicle:
GC8 Impreza RS
Black

Default Deep scratches

There's some deep scratches on the back of my car at bumper level. Either some dumb**** went too far forward when parking or I might've rolled into someone who was too close to me on a hill.

Either way there's some deep vertical oriented scratches around my rear bumper, how would I get rid of them?
Chim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2004, 10:00 PM   #2
willz23
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 52954
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
08 FXT Sport
Blue

If the scratch isn't too deep (or hasn't taken off the original paint), you can try waxing it.

If another car hit you, and it left a different color paint on your car you'll be able to wax that out, but if waxing doesn't work you could always try touch-up paint or taking your car to a body shop

good luck
will
willz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 10:41 PM   #3
Fijimunkii
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 52834
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Java Black
Wing, Koji, SPT CBE

To take off someone elses paint on your car I suggest rubbing compound. Be very careful and only using a tiny bitty bit. Immediatly wax after using rubbing compound. Good luck.
Fijimunkii is offline   Reply With Quote