Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-23-2024, 09:22 PM   #1
JVILLA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 529350
Vehicle:
2021 WRX STi
Magnetite Gray Metallic

Default Switched from OEM to Motul 5w30 - Higher Copper

Hi, all. I’m a longtime lurker. I love all of the information on this forum. I’ll try to keep it short.

I got this car new in 2021. I’ve maintained it meticulously and I’ve never crossed 3,000 miles for any of my OCIs. In fact, most were far from 3,000 if you look at my blackstone report below. The car consumed about a half quart every 1,000-1,500 miles when it was newer so I started doing an oil analysis at every oil change. The results were always good and the consumption has gone down as more miles have been put on the car. It was consuming about 1/3 quart every 1,000-1,500 miles prior to switching to Motul. For my last OCI, I switched over to Motul Xclean EFE 5w30 to see if it lowered the consumption. It did, especially on the current OCI, the second with Motul. I am 700 miles in and the level has barely moved from the top. I expect it to consume 1/4 by 2,000 miles if it keeps dropping at the current rate. However, I just got my results from the previous OCI, the first with the Motul and the copper levels spiked to 50 where before they stayed at 6-10. Is this because of the new oil and slightly longer OCI of 2,901 miles? Could it be the turbo bearings? Since changing over to Motul, the car does seem to run slightly quieter and more smoothly. I also happened to get a compression/leakdown and new spark plugs this past weekend at a reputable Subi shop in SoCal to see if the engine was in a good place to start power mods. The shop said my numbers were good. The car is completely stock, with not even an AOS.

Results:
Cylinder 1 - 135ps1/8%
Cylinder 2 - 140psi/7%
Cylinder 3 - 135psi/8%
Cylinder 4 - 140psi/7%

Blackstone report - The most recent entry is the only one with Motul 5w30. All the previous ones are with OEM Subaru oil.

Last edited by JVILLA; 02-24-2024 at 04:31 PM.
JVILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links