Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 26, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Ls1Tuner_06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 323835
Vehicle:
2005 STI
WRB

Default Buying a Subaru?

In the process of trying to buy a 2005 WRB STI. Currently its sitting at about 73K miles. The car is stock besides a touch screen nav/radio, added gauges that haven't been hooked up yet and a front splitter? I think that is what it is called.
Anyways, I was wondering, is there anything I should look out for, for this particular year? a friend of mine owns it and said the guy that owned it before him drove it back and forth to work and it was over 50 miles a day. the only reason he sold it to him is bc he didn't want to see it rack up a ton of miles just from going to work. I rode in it Sunday. He loves it, just seems to have ADHD with cars. gets bored really quick. also, He is asking $18,700

Here is a pic I took Sunday of it...

Ls1Tuner_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Ls1Tuner_06
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 STI
WRB

Sweet. So no problems or anything I should try about!

Did I post in the wrong section? Or am I being treated like a noob? I tried to search. Found something to do with an oil line having a tenancy to fault? Oil catch hose?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Kei426
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332769
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza WRX
Satin white pearl

I would pay 18k at the dealer. Buying from your buddy I'd pay 15-16 tops. Then again I live in MA where cars get rusty and probably decrease a lot in value yearly.
Kei426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
Ls1Tuner_06
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 STI
WRB

I hear ya. Car has some dirt spots along some of the edges. Like where maybe didn't get cleaned well, but then again I'm nit picky. KBB'ing it said 19ish. Figured as much 18,500 is decent. Haven't actually started makin deals. As soon as my car gets sold ill see if I can't get him to come down a little more. But then again like Unabomber said a car is only worth what it is worth to that person so I guess it depends on how bad I want it