Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
wrx1392
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 342331
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
blue

Default old Cobb stage 2 can it be reflashed?

i have a 2003 WRx with 232,000 miles the cobb reflashed to stage 2 ecu has been working great for 200,000 miles. i just did a rebuild and up grade of the motor and a 16gxt turbo ,i plan on using 750cc injectors and get it tuned. i called yimisport tuners and they had some concerns about the stage 2 cobb reflashed ecu .does any one know if the ecu can still be tuned ,or is it locked up ,or does cobb need to remove the flash? any help would be app.
wrx1392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
bestfromnw
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 281835
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2008 STI
1990 mk2 GLi vdub

any shop that protunes subarus can flash it with no problems
bestfromnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx1392 View Post
i have a 2003 WRx with 232,000 miles the cobb reflashed to stage 2 ecu has been working great for 200,000 miles. i just did a rebuild and up grade of the motor and a 16gxt turbo ,i plan on using 750cc injectors and get it tuned. i called yimisport tuners and they had some concerns about the stage 2 cobb reflashed ecu .does any one know if the ecu can still be tuned ,or is it locked up ,or does cobb need to remove the flash? any help would be app.
Hi there. Awesome to hear you've enjoyed the Accessport over so many miles!

Whether or not the shop can overwrite an existing Accessport install depends on which version of the Accessport is installed to the car and what solution you are going to use for your new tune. The current version of the Accessport is the version 2 device (gray body with color screen). If that is what you are getting the new tune with then you have no issues. The version 2 Accessport, when you go to install it, will recognize and overwrite any previous install regardless of the version of Accessport that was originally installed.

If you have a version 1 Accessport (black body with "black & white" LCD), I would highly recommend upgrading to the version 2 model. We actually have a trade-in program that will give you $200 towards the purchase of a version 2 Accessport when you trade-in your version 1 Accessport (working or not, uninstalled or not). Details here:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/AccessPort...in-s/70459.htm

Our latest and greatest Accesstuner tuning software, which a protuner would use to custom tune an Accessport equipped car, only works with the version 2 Accessport. The version 2 also upgrades you to standalone data logging from the device, live data viewing from Accessport screen from a selection of numerous parameters, free Accesstuner Race end-user tuning software, launch control feature, Speed Density tuning, and more.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
wrx1392
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 wrx
blue

well i dont have a Cobb access port ...the Cobb stage 2 that i have is the one where they (at the Cobb shop that was in Utah ) took my ecu out of my car and reflashed it.so i need to know if a tuner can over ride that tune with a new one for the larger turbo and injectors im putting on the car.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
well i dont have a Cobb access port ...the Cobb stage 2 that i have is the one where they (at the Cobb shop that was in Utah ) took my ecu out of my car and reflashed it.so i need to know if a tuner can over ride that tune with a new one for the larger turbo and injectors im putting on the car.
Ah, I see. That was before the Accessport was introduced. You will have no problem overwriting that with a version 2 Accessport.

Bill
Old 02-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
wrx1392
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 wrx
blue

what about other pro tuning mathods will they work also or do i have to use AP ? i dont think they have a tune for what i have ????
Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
what about other pro tuning mathods will they work also or do i have to use AP ? i dont think they have a tune for what i have ????
You can get a custom tune via the Accessport just as you can with other solutions. There doesn't have to be a existing map for your combination - the shop that tunes for the Accessport simply creates a custom tune that is loaded to your car via the Accessport (like any other map). So, they create a custom tune whether that is a custom tune via a session with your car on the dyno or it could be an e-tune where the protuner sends you map revisions and you data log and they update the tune via email.

If you are wanting to go with something other than the Accessport, you shouldn't have any problem overwriting the old AccessECU reflash that you have, AFAIK.

Bill
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
wrx1392
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 wrx
blue

Thanks Bill lots of good info .