Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
Storz
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (5)

Member#: 77586
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2020 Subaru
WRB

Default Thelen Subaru of Bay City MI

Could not be happier with them!!! My sales guy, Gary, was great and very up front with everything, this is the first new car I have ever bought and he was patient with my questions and really explained all of the paper work really well. Plus my car was inside the garage at the dealer waiting for me becuase it was kinda snowy outside and they wanted it to be spotless when I took delivery of it. I was really impressed with everything and would definitly recommend them!
Storz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
5wheeldrive
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 296981
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
dgm

Bought my 2011 WRX from these guys just a few weeks ago. My salesman was Mike W. (there are two Mikes there), and he was very pleasant to deal with, aside from what I hope was a glitch with the voice mail system at the dealer that made it hard to get in contact with the guy. When I went to pick the car up, everyone I talked to was pretty cool, and when I left I was pretty happy that I had bought the car from them.

As so often happens with dealers, things have gone downhill since. I took the car to show my parents, and I noticed there was some damage to the ground effects, just under the driver door. There's a fairly large gouge out of the plastic, it seemed likely to me that the car had high-centered while being put on or off a transport trailer.

So I took the car back to show the damage to the folks at the dealer, bracing myself for the inevitable accusation that I had done it somehow. To my surprise, the manager they sent out to look at the car readily admitted it was transport damage, and he even offered to have their body department put some bondo on it and repaint it. He went on to say that this happens "all the time", and that they usually catch it and get it fixed before sale (with bondo ). I don't know if this is common dealer practice or not, but it seems shady at best to me, and fraudulent at worst. Yeah, here's your new car. Don't touch that spot over there, the bondo isn't fully cured yet.

I did request a new part instead of one that's been puttied and repainted, the guy said it would cost me $200 if I wanted it fixed that way. Right after I put nearly 8k down on the car two days earlier. Needless to say, they won't be seeing this car again. I'll gladly order a part and have it painted by someone else, and put it on myself.

So yeah, 'buyer beware' is in full force at Thelen.
5wheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
5wheeldrive
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 296981
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
dgm

It turns out that the dealer was within the law by handling damage in this way. Most states appear to have a similar statute that allows damage up to 5% of the value of the car to be repaired before a damage disclosure to the buyer is required. (ooo, I rhyme!)

Source... 3-7.2

That said, I still think this place is full of weasels. I'm not going back short of major mechanical damage, as from what I've seen they'll do their best to deny whatever I need done.
5wheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #4
Shai_luberda
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507246
Default Denied to repair my bone stock 2015 STI

my bone stock 2015 sti engine blew at 26,000 miles and they denied to cover it due the fact the battery had been disconnected recently so there was only 20 or so ignition cycles on the car since then(I had killed the battery the past week when I left interior light on after cleaning it) they saw that and believed I had tuned the car which I had never done, to cut a long story short there were several threats to sue SOA due to this and they eventually replaced the engine(took about 5 months) for 500$ and didn’t call it warranty work they called it “one time favor” or something of the sort. Overall wouldn’t recommend the service department there, sales people are very nice and welcoming but you might as well walk in with dunce cap on if you want warranty work done
Shai_luberda is offline   Reply With Quote