Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Fade2black02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309997
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2010 STI
Blick

Default I need help with an electrical install (kinda complicated, have $$$)

I don't want to get into semantics with any of you, because some of you passive aggressive d-bags will undoubtedly cry foul, but today my Laser Jammer came in the mail. It's only a dual module (1 front plate, 1 back), but the wiring and installation is way complicated.

The only hiccup is that I *also* bought a Stealth Performance license plate cover, and the LJ will need to be install on top of this instead of just the "stock" plastic plate covers that we normally have on our cars. The instructions recommend someone with car audio/security install experience to install it (it does come with an installation diagram).

I am not a poor man, but I am not a sucker either. You will be compensated well if the job is done right. We can negotiate obviously. Leave a PM or email me at [email protected] and leave your phone number; we can take it from there.

DISCLAIMER: I have done tons and tons of research on these items. They are legal and above board. Laser Jammers are legal, RADAR Jamming is not. License plate covers are legal, MIRTS are not. Etc. Flame on!
Fade2black02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
chron
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 97465
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
Aspen White

Just a friendly suggestion but can't some place like VTR do this for you? Les did a great job with my car alarm.
chron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #3
Fade2black02
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 STI
Blick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chron View Post
Just a friendly suggestion but can't some place like VTR do this for you? Les did a great job with my car alarm.

I plan on calling around tomorrow, just making sure I check all nooks and crannies .
Old 11-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #4
Dn41387
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202895

Quote:
License plate covers are legal
really? I got pulled over twice for a plate cover, once by state patrol and another by seattle pd within the same week. Took it off asap and no problems since.
Dn41387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Strutton
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 329470
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza wrx
SSM

Where are you located? My friend might be able to, he used to wire for the state patrol.
Strutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
Fade2black02
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 STI
Blick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strutton View Post
Where are you located? My friend might be able to, he used to wire for the state patrol.
Arlington, wa...but will travel within a reasonable distance (100 miles, give or take).