Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
TexasLegacy2.5GT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 282365

Patrick Olsen, I've been following your build. It has the type of imagination that is not often found with the WRX kiddos that usually talk negative to other Subaru owners about ideas. More often than not I find that the Legacy Outback crowd has an awesome "here, have a cold beer!" As you walk up welcoming committee. I got your build link from of the LegacyGT forum after I posted some questions on the Third generation Legacy Forum :

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ed-215382.html

I'm really liking the pioneer work I see on here with the silver BD you've got. I will be experiencing all of the same mechanical difficulties with the H6 swap. My biggest concern going into this was the idea of was it going to be worth it for the money for the potential that the motor offers. No timing belt, I'd most likely not blow a HG again, and (since I closed on an entire parts car) ill swap the Automatic A/C in as a nice bonus. I hear the the EZ30 is a dependable motor and very "livable" as a daily driver through just routine maintenance. And lets face it the L. L. Bean Outback is a car that a retired United States Vet would buy and probably never miss any scheduled maintenance on it while keeping full records. The man I bought the Bean from had brand new tires on it, a battery that was less than a year old and still a full tank of gas. These H6 motor have a likely hood of being less abused than the EJ series motors by far.

Not too many people have built the EZ30D motor here in the states more so than NZ and Australia. So, Dodik directed me a man that worked with the Raptor Super Charger originally designed for the EZ30R motor and made it work great with the "D"designated motor. His name is Car Doc and his build is on the Outback forums here:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...eeper-vdc.html

Great build! Of course the typical haters and naysayers but the project came to fruition for Car Doc.

So here's my Black Granite Pearl 1999 Legacy GTmt:

With the EZ30D motor going for so high here in town and on EBay with auctions such as this:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

I really had to just sit and search for months. I finally came on a Craig's listing for a parts car 2003 L. L. Bean Outback with 60K miles on the clock. When I went to see it it started up and even moved after sitting for a month. The car has too much panel damage to be fixed and the owner settled on 800.00 cash for it. Interior is MINT. I came and towed it away the next day with the title in hand.

The Gold Numbers you were looking for!

Now, I've spent enough money on this car for another month. Since I have a full car to work with on my swap and not only just the motor what do you think could have helped your swap along easier if you had parts from this car?

Last edited by TexasLegacy2.5GT; 11-12-2013 at 01:53 PM.
TexasLegacy2.5GT is offline   Reply With Quote